i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 am

i don't think will o the wisp is a terrible card as most of the time it does the same job of the dryad (have a unit survive an extra attack) and it can also improve cards based on max hp (like exploding spores) it's more like all refess unit already have enough hp to survive just barely which is why it looks so terrible in a refess deck
but ehy the japanese one is basicaly a free "skip the turn,gets a free unit and free refess rank!" if you are playing any other color and it let player plays level 4 creature on turn 2... in every game i saw in the japanese alteil everybody was playing refess (while it's kinda the reverse here :roll: )
what would you do to improve the card anyway?
teasel

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 am

teasel wrote:i don't think will o the wisp is a terrible card as most of the time it does the same job of the dryad (have a unit survive an extra attack) and it can also improve cards based on max hp (like exploding spores) it's more like all refess unit already have enough hp to survive just barely which is why it looks so terrible in a refess deck
but ehy the japanese one is basicaly a free "skip the turn,gets a free unit and free refess rank!" if you are playing any other color and it let player plays level 4 creature on turn 2... in every game i saw in the japanese alteil everybody was playing refess (while it's kinda the reverse here :roll: )
what would you do to improve the card anyway?

How many cards are based on max HP?

I certainly didn't see everyone playing Refess, I saw everyone using Will-o'the-Wisp, just like how everyone in English Alteil wants to use Salamanders.
Grain

Postby EvilGenius » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:22 am

Will o the Wisp is a good counter to Salamander. :roll:

And so far I've won a couple 3 stars, 2 stars, and a bunch of 1 star. Only Great Spirit I won was Undine. :roll:
EvilGenius

Postby Phades » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:39 pm

EvilGenius wrote:Will o the Wisp is a good counter to Salamander. :roll:

And so far I've won a couple 3 stars, 2 stars, and a bunch of 1 star. Only Great Spirit I won was Undine. :roll:
If you are in range of dying from salamander, cure is more effective since you would die from any normal attack that round anyhow.
Phades

Postby arfort » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:46 pm

+1 sp plus it's current effect would make it good enough. More +sp than it's cost makes it broken. At +2sp it's the first turn play of every player for all time (which is how it is in Japan from what I heard). +1sp and +10 max hp/+10 hp makes it a good mid battle trick that doesn't slow you down.
arfort

Postby Wisp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 pm

*drools* I would love it if it did that Arfort!! I could soo make some interesting strategies with refress that way!! I've been playing Gowen lately, but more and more I'm rethinking how to make my old Refress deck work... so ya never know when I'll be trying something new! ;D
Wisp

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 pm

if it was +1SP you would be generating an SP out of nothing... it would be like when lawtia plays shade and then follows up with two level 3... refess would be able to follow with three level 3 if the card was like that so i'm not so sure that would gimp the card enough
teasel

Postby Wisp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 pm

It could be a close skill or even a action skill to limit it's effectiveness - like alot of other sp generators.
Wisp

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:11 pm

Well its interesting to note that its the only great spirit with out range 3 (it has range 1), so for one thing it would be nice if they gave it some range (even range 2 would suffice but for consistency sake 3 makes the most sense). Its lack of range was justified when its effect was the most powerful of all the great spirits, but now that its effect is the weakest, having such terrible range as well is pretty odd.

Also since its now more comparable to salamander then it is to Shade, and salamander is powered not just by his effect but his 30 attack, giving will-o-wisp 20 attack instead of 10 might not be a bad idea. Not strong enough to 1 shot most things like salamander but atleast able to ding the armor of 10 defense units, and maybe if your lucky take out a haste soldier every now and again.

I also wouldn't mind having it JUST give +1sp and have those stat boosts. +1 sp isn't as potentially good as shades -2 sp, and 2 agi is still slower then shades 3 agi, but the +1 is more consistent than shades -2 which might fizzle and he's be a slightly more viable offensive threat if he lives long enough to get his attack off.

Artforts suggestion would work great too, though that would make him even more odd-ball in comparison to the other great spirits, atleast it would make him useful again. The terrible range, attack, and +10 hp boost still isn't comparable to the range, open skills, and attack of the other great spirits, but the +1sp would compensate so that at least he's the "cheapest" of all the great spirits since he effectively costs you nothing to play.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Wisp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 pm

I had thought that he would be more useful with a range, but you're right about that atack as well. As he stands, it's simply sp fodder - only useful on the front line and again, his speed makes it so he rarely even gets off that attack!
Wisp

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion