He who spends, wins

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Xovian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Romdeau wrote:I can answer that question for you, he bought boxes. Boxes always have at least 1 5 star in them. If I'm wrong Xovian, I'm sorry for being presumptuous and please correct me.

You are correct Rom.
After getting three of any given card, they get recycled so i can get more boxes.
Sadly this is still a hit or miss way to get 5 stars.
I saw far more of that Gowen Dragon Emperor (i must have gotten like 14 or more of him alone) then any other card of the 4-5star variety, and even after what i spent, I'm still missing some other 5 stars.
When it comes to trying to get any single one card of the 4 and 5 stars, the odds are well against you. You can end up drawing the same card you have multiples of repeatedly. And , i did the same thing on set 1. I got sick of seeing Thunder show up.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby neonsun » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:15 am

money = power and subsequently power = money

i just invested in this game again after expansions came out, and i ha eneer played with falkow before.
After a bit of time in the shop i ended up having a lot of falkow cards from expansion, made a deck and went to training area.

I m sorry i dont remember the name of the falkow i faced, but from his game play i was amazed, he played amazingly but still lost (it was close ,v close even ).
This another example of how cards where better then skills.

Honestly i think for now the gap is still manageable in some way , but if you extrapolate to 2 - 3 month and another expansion comes out , i wouldn't be surprised by free players quitting the game. the money won in MM would not be too helpful. Either decrease the price of boxes/packs etc.. or increase the gran earned.

Players and free players more specifically need more buying power !!!
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby Porky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:10 am

Why would they want to give free players more buying power=/ Free players are not providing any source of revenue for the company but also taking up service times and such. Yes spending will help you in this game as it should, and all those that posted about skills, yes that also helps. BUT, a good player with better cards will beat a good player without them.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby JudeBlack » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:12 am

They really need to just allow you to spend FM to get cards. Perhaps double the amount it takes in gran?
JudeBlack

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:21 am

JudeBlack wrote:They really need to just allow you to spend FM to get cards. Perhaps double the amount it takes in gran?

Octuple
Grain

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 am

xovian1 wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I can answer that question for you, he bought boxes. Boxes always have at least 1 5 star in them. If I'm wrong Xovian, I'm sorry for being presumptuous and please correct me.

You are correct Rom.
After getting three of any given card, they get recycled so i can get more boxes.
Sadly this is still a hit or miss way to get 5 stars.
I saw far more of that Gowen Dragon Emperor (i must have gotten like 14 or more of him alone) then any other card of the 4-5star variety, and even after what i spent, I'm still missing some other 5 stars.
When it comes to trying to get any single one card of the 4 and 5 stars, the odds are well against you. You can end up drawing the same card you have multiples of repeatedly. And , i did the same thing on set 1. I got sick of seeing Thunder show up.

This is the same process I use. I am up to about $500-600 spent on the game and I am missing cards in both sets. I do have quite a few playsets and I too have gotten my fill of the Gowen Dragon Emp. Having 3 of him is very nice though. My gowen deck now consists of 3 of him and 3 of the Fire dragon. I am considering placing in 3 Sylphs to boost the fire dragon to 6agi so that his row clearing ability goes off quickly when I get him out. That is his main reason for being there but in order to do that, I have to sacrifice somewhere else.

The deck plays really well though. Most people don't think you have 3 of a 7 and 9 cast card so they throw everything they have at it just for it to get rezzed again. I do play the new salamander with the regenerators ability. He makes a very nice tank to hold off for me to get my big guns out.

The only thing that really ruins my day is the assassin in the number 3 or 4 slot.
Forsakensoul

Postby neonsun » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 am

-->to porky
increasing free players pruchasing power increase also the purchasing power of paying players !

i m just worried that several months down the road , new players start quitting and i end up having invested in the gae for nothing because i ll always be playing the same 20 or so poeplpe in folrart.
Keeping a big number of players -> more players to play against -> paying players can duel -> paying players happy -> players invest more !!!

So yes keeping free players happy keeps alteil people with money in their pockets lol
neonsun

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 am

Well, ultimately this is like paying for a top end pre-constructed deck, aka "net decks", as found in MTG. Good, bad, or ugly, this eventually happens anyhow, but i am uncertain if deliberately stalling the process is a good thing for the game.
Phades

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am

@Neonsun,

I can already tell your right now there has been a significant increase in the number of new Folart players in the past couple of weeks alone-last night I remember seeing about 29 players in there when crest had 27. Unless some drastically bad changes are made to this game, I believe this trend will continue-more players will be hitting Folart while the same stable number is in Crest.
Romdeau

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Romdeau wrote:@Neonsun,

I can already tell your right now there has been a significant increase in the number of new Folart players in the past couple of weeks alone-last night I remember seeing about 29 players in there when crest had 27. Unless some drastically bad changes are made to this game, I believe this trend will continue-more players will be hitting Folart while the same stable number is in Crest.

Romdeau

thats how it was the first week it came out too.. then it dwindled down to where it was taking 30 min for me to find a match. I hope it continues to rise but we have to think of non payers as well as payers. If non payers can not compete then they will stop playing. It's like another game i used to play. They went from non paying to paying and the population drastically went down. Then as time went more players came back because they gave the option of non paying but you didn't have all the options of a payer. Now the non payers have no chance against paying players so after a few weeks they just quit.
Forsakensoul

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion