He who spends, wins

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm going to advocate that anyone that plans on spending a considerable amount of time into this game consider investing small amounts of money over a period of time. For instance, with the exception of Set 2 release (bought a box), I bought 1 pack every week (1.50) and did my 15 daily gran every day and got some decent new cards to work with.

I understand if the casual player does not want to fork the dough just because he/she doesn't put in a worthwhile time. If you only play a few games a week than don't invest the money-I agree, it's not worth it. Don't go by my standard though- it's just an idea I want committed, non-paying, players to consider.
User avatar
Romdeau
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

btw he spends does not win.. i just hit the browser back button on my mouse by accident causing me to lose when the guy was about to lose himself T_T

funny thing he was complaining about how the game needs no strategy just money to win... i was about to type and hit it T_T
Forsakensoul
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Forsakensoul wrote:funny thing he was complaining about how the game needs no strategy just money to win... i was about to type and hit it T_T

I'm tired of hearing this because it's not true. I feel like people are using this as an excuse because they are losing to a strategy they are not used to countering. Perhaps they develop their decks to be specific around common strategies (i.e. use row damagers as SC), but here's the wake up call I would say: there are unique strategies out there that use rare cards, most of them aren't OP-figure out how to beat them by learning from them.
User avatar
Romdeau
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby teasel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 pm

it's easy to say it's not true... now while i'm not that negative about the game,if you buy cards you have bigger chances because to "counter" stuff you need specific card... what if you can't rack those specific card? well good luck to ya!
User avatar
teasel
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Ekin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:45 pm

teasel wrote:it's easy to say it's not true... now while i'm not that negative about the game,if you buy cards you have bigger chances because to "counter" stuff you need specific card... what if you can't rack those specific card? well good luck to ya!


Welcome to every CCG ever created. That's just the way this sort of game works.

I don't understand why everyone is griping about how "hard" it is to win as a free player. In every other CCG on the planet, you need to spend some money to be competitive. Why should it be different for Alteil? Because it's advertised as a "free" game? They haven't gone back on their promise: the game is free to play, not free to win. In most other CCGs (I want to say all, but I haven't played every CCG out there) you have to spend some money up front in order to play. Here, you do not. You're already winning out.

All that being said, I agree with everyone that's said skill is a bigger factor. It's not the only factor, as the metagame, luck, matchups, and yes, card pool all contribute.
Ekin
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby neonsun » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:37 am

to forsaken soul --> i fully agree with your last 2 posts !!! lol lol

to ekin --> you are absolutely right about what you say, however might i remind you that most TCG or CCG put limiters , i.e : either limiting the use of a card, or more commonly the number of copies used!

I have ran into several decks (thank god they are still few) : falkow with 3(or 2) larut and 3 return cards. u could be an alteil god, this kind of deck will hurt you , especially if your playing lawtia.

A lot of players that win are skillful and good players but also a good number are the opposite.
i wonder as a whole how much our present version of alteil is balanced, thank god we got the expansion.

On another note, After receiving the 3rd expansion, i think color packs should be available in the shop, their is no excuses not too do so (the number of sphere cards would be important enough to allow randomness).
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
User avatar
neonsun
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:14 am

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Forsakensoul » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:57 am

neonsun wrote:
On another note, After receiving the 3rd expansion, i think color packs should be available in the shop, their is no excuses not too do so (the number of sphere cards would be important enough to allow randomness).



I dont think this is a bad idea. That way players that want to play 1 particular deck file have the opportunity to buy just from that one. If a player wants to play falkow they could buy just falkow packs and get just falkow cards allowing them to build their decks to be competative. It's an idea.
Forsakensoul
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby teasel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:06 am

Ekin wrote:
teasel wrote:it's easy to say it's not true... now while i'm not that negative about the game,if you buy cards you have bigger chances because to "counter" stuff you need specific card... what if you can't rack those specific card? well good luck to ya!


Welcome to every CCG ever created. That's just the way this sort of game works.

I don't understand why everyone is griping about how "hard" it is to win as a free player. In every other CCG on the planet, you need to spend some money to be competitive. Why should it be different for Alteil? Because it's advertised as a "free" game? They haven't gone back on their promise: the game is free to play, not free to win. In most other CCGs (I want to say all, but I haven't played every CCG out there) you have to spend some money up front in order to play. Here, you do not. You're already winning out.

All that being said, I agree with everyone that's said skill is a bigger factor. It's not the only factor, as the metagame, luck, matchups, and yes, card pool all contribute.


eh i don't care... just don't go tell me "IT'S ALL ABOUT STRATEGY! IT'S POSSIBLE TO WIN WITHOUT BUYING STUFF!" especialy when it reaches a level of dumbness similiar to "you either got dispel or lose to everyone who's packing lebeau"
User avatar
teasel
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby jasta85 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:18 pm

good soul cards are very frustrating, i just saw one today that is 1LP and does 30 damage to 3 random enemy units. it's the uber upgraded version of the magic doll or combat monk, instead of 30 damage in a column or row (in which you have to be very lucky to hit more than just 1 or 2 enemy units) you automatically hit 3 enemy units. i've seen quite a few soul card setups where they just pump out rediculous amounts of damage, and end up dealing more pain than the enemy units. however these are all rare set 1 and 2 cards so you have to invest quite a bit of money in order to get them.
jasta85
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: He who spends, wins

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 pm

jasta85 wrote:good soul cards are very frustrating, i just saw one today that is 1LP and does 30 damage to 3 random enemy units. it's the uber upgraded version of the magic doll or combat monk, instead of 30 damage in a column or row (in which you have to be very lucky to hit more than just 1 or 2 enemy units) you automatically hit 3 enemy units. i've seen quite a few soul card setups where they just pump out rediculous amounts of damage, and end up dealing more pain than the enemy units. however these are all rare set 1 and 2 cards so you have to invest quite a bit of money in order to get them.
2 places where ernst fails. 1) few units on the field with high HP or defense 2) iczer attacks where it can not strike any target due to them being engaged. But yeah, he is rather rediculas compared to some other options.
Phades
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron