To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby Taiki » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Just a moment ago, I fought a Gowen player that lost to me and said "Falkow is too broken anyways."

What are you saying? I won because I cheated? That if I wasn't playing Falkow you would have won?

Keep in mind that I didn't use any of the "broken" tactics that Falkow players usually use such as the Azure Dragon - East's +omg ATK buff nor did I spam returns on anything. I simply killed all of his cards with soul cards and my magic scythe soldier. That's it. I was quite surprised since I usually have a very difficult time against Gowen.

------------------------------------------------------

To all of those players who think Falkow is so awesome: I challenge you to be a successful Falkow player.
Why not?
They're so broken and powerful right? So why not take advantage of that?

=p Really though, if you're the kind of person who always looses to Falkow, please by all means stay the way you are. I need more wins. ;zagar
Last edited by Taiki on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taiki

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby GunCastor » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 pm

Seems like a lot of people will complain about something being too strong at one time or another. First it was just Le Beau SC (this is theo nly one I agree upon) and then Lawtia in general. Then there was an uproar over Gowen, specifically with Ranked Up Brave Soldier. Now it's Falkow turn. Refess is the only one left, doubt anyone will say anything serious about it though.
GunCastor

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:11 pm

I always cringe at the sight of a ranked up Brave Soldier, but there are a few ways to deal with it (at least in my deck) so I'm not too worried but it's always a headache. I can sympathize with those whom dread Vordore's strategies of death, but there are ways to prevent his presence from hitting the field at all/killing him.
Romdeau

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 am

GunCastor wrote:Seems like a lot of people will complain about something being too strong at one time or another. First it was just Le Beau SC (this is theo nly one I agree upon) and then Lawtia in general. Then there was an uproar over Gowen, specifically with Ranked Up Brave Soldier. Now it's Falkow turn. Refess is the only one left, doubt anyone will say anything serious about it though.

Brave Soldier + Panther Soul is way too powerful.

For only 1 SP, you can create an even better unit than raising your gowen level to 9 would.

Refess is doomed.
Grain

Postby Taiki » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:59 am

Brave Soldier + Panther Soul is way too powerful.

For only 1 SP, you can create an even better unit than raising your gowen level to 9 would.

You need to compare that to other units. Lets see... Brave Soldier is 2 SP and Panthar Soul is 1 SP... That means for 3 SP, can have a 60HP, 50ATK, 3AGI unit. What else has that kind of power... oh yeah, Bear Killing axeman has 60HP, 40ATK, and 2AGI for 3 SP. Blitz Soldier has 60HP, 30ATK, 2AGI for 2SP... I don't see any problems... they all seem pretty balanced.

=p I put brave soldier + panthar soul on par with LeBeau SS. If you can get rid of one, you can get rid of the other but they're both a pain to leave out.

As far as complaining about how awesome something is, I believe it's better to try it out first, THEN complain about winning too much. For example, I tried Lawtia out and decided that I lost way too often. For a while I thought I was doing good till I got owned 9 times in a row and decided that Falkow was still better. That's not because Falkow was awesome... when I played Falkow I always beat them but against another Lawtia or Gowen I lost. Perhaps it's because I knew how to play Falkow and was able to second guess them all the time.

Now I'm trying Gowen since there are some pretty nasty moves in there. So far my record for the Gowen deck is 4 wins, 3 losses. Which is pretty much the same ratios I have with my Falkow deck: 60 wins, 50 losses.

Which brings me to wonder about something. I've played Gowen and Lawtia players with 80~90% win percentage yet I haven't played a Falkow player with more than 50% win yet.

Question: Has anyone seen a Falkow player with more than 70% wins?
Taiki

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:55 am

Taiki wrote:
You need to compare that to other units. Lets see... Brave Soldier is 2 SP and Panthar Soul is 1 SP... That means for 3 SP, can have a 60HP, 50ATK, 3AGI unit. What else has that kind of power... oh yeah, Bear Killing axeman has 60HP, 40ATK, and 2AGI for 3 SP. Blitz Soldier has 60HP, 30ATK, 2AGI for 2SP... I don't see any problems... they all seem pretty balanced.

It's 4 AGI , 60 ATK, and 50 HP.

Bear Killing axeman has 1 AGI and can't be played on the 2nd turn of battle.

Would you care to inform me about the balanced Refess counter to that on the 2nd turn of battle? :lol:

Well, there's already a whole thread about the Brave Panther, let's not get too off topic

Question: Has anyone seen a Falkow player with more than 70% wins?

ChaosBlack
Grain

Postby Taiki » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 am

Would you care to inform me about the balanced Refess counter to that on the 2nd turn of battle? :lol:

A soul card. Plain and Simple. A few come to mind. For those of you who spent 400gran on the Refress EX pack, the Lion Baron's Soul ability reads "Subtract 60 directly from the HP of one enemy unit". That seems easy enough as the first or second soul card.
Taiki

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:19 am

Taiki wrote:

A soul card. Plain and Simple. A few come to mind. For those of you who spent 400gran on the Refress EX pack, the Lion Baron's Soul ability reads "Subtract 60 directly from the HP of one enemy unit". That seems easy enough as the first or second soul card.

So, what you're saying is...

Death is my only option? :lol: There's also the problem of multiple Panther Souls.

I wish we could continue this, but, the old thread hit 4 pages and I didn't get a solid answer. This is really off-topic anyway.
Grain

Postby Taiki » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:45 am

So, what you're saying is...

Death is my only option? :lol:

XD Well, that's actually how I play, my first few cards are put out with the purpose of dying so that I could collect on their sp and wipe the other field with their souls and therefor, giving me the edge I need.

I agree though, I would love to continue about this but I'm more interested on people who play Falkow or tried out Falkow and how well they do. Besides, I won't pretend to know how to play Refress nor do I believe Refress can come out on top from that.
Taiki

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:59 am

Taiki wrote:Question: Has anyone seen a Falkow player with more than 70% wins?
I currently have a 69% rate so I'll have to get back to you on that one later.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion