To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Falanx wrote:
After the opening though you're required to think for yourself, I can't help you any more than this...

lol yeah, its only the opening i have problems with, they dominate from after turn three and no matter what i do, can't seem to get out of it
evaunit01

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:01 pm

well. thanks for the idea's but i found the core of the problem. while the new strats did help, im always getting beaten out by people with soul cards that are bought or by people that sunk a good bit of cash into the game IE 3 copies of a card when they only should have one. im sitting here and realized that while falkow may be using their same starter deck, its backed up by massive soul cards that just tear my main deck apart, while my soul cards are terribly pathetic.

I just don't have the weapons, instead of killing my record anymore <51Wins/0Draws/85Losses RP:1329/1513 3340Place> im just going to wait till i can get ahold of those cards and actually have a chance this time.

thats the main diffrence between folrat and crest, crest there is very little change of running into someone with no paid cards, and that actually does play a bigger factor then people would like to admit, get to folrat and the chance of running into someone with rare cards that can destroy your deck skyrockets.

people say its the person that wins this game, but its cards first, then skill, that skill has to be backed up. when two guys are having a showdown, one armed with a knife with greater skill and one armed with a gun with crappy skill, dude with the knife may dodge one or two shots but in the end, he's done.
I'm just going to have to find a bigger gun
evaunit01

Postby Taiki » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 am

It's true that you have a bigger chance of fighting someone with some awesome rare cards... especially if they are not very high of a level. I'm just glad I got all of my soul cards from playing mirage master and getting some pretty lucky lottery draws.

I don't remember who was asking but they wanted to know of how they could win against Falkow with starter Gowen cards. Well, one guy I recently fought, brought out their monk, then their spores. All I can say is that those spores just sitting out there raped. I couldn't believe it. I lost that game because those spores kept reviving and hitting my field and they kept busting out soul cards that deal 30damage to a row. I just couldn't keep anything alive long enough to matter.
Taiki

Postby evaunit01 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 pm

i wish i had more then one spore, but all i got was one in the starter lol
evaunit01

Postby arfort » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Falkow can be the most frustrating to go against. Denial, even if it's not the most successful strategy, is always like that. When somebody ends the game thinking "oh jeez, glad I got to actually do anything... not" he's likely to think the opponent's card are op. Losing against a control file is like going against someone that won't only try to beat you but if they do beat you they'll keep kicking while you're down and won't let you get back up. That doesn't mean the Falkow player actually has more chances to win. Not right now anyway.
arfort

Postby ManiacalSoul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:52 am

Interesting way of putting it arfort... And that's really what Falkow control files have to do... if they dont kick u when ur down and utterly destroy you they lose control.
ManiacalSoul

Postby Wisp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:38 am

Best way to stop Falkow is to take away their control. There are several cards out there that can accomplish this, though with only set 1, it can be a bit difficult. Now, with set 2 out I'm seeing alot more diverse ways to turn the table on your opponent... This is going to be fun! :D
Wisp

Postby Porky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:37 am

Since the release of set 2, who still thinks Falkow is too strong :P Speak up!
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby slashzero » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:18 am

I'll get back to you on that once I get ahold of all the cards I want (i.e. never).

I can still go toe-to-toe with all the spheres except Gowen, however. Winning against Gowen relies on no (un)timely Rougeerst SC activations and winning the coin flip between Kurina and Spores... and then I still have trouble sometimes. Falkow's new agi units don't do you much good when Gowen can match it easily, and can also pick off the new powerful, but low hp units (Wizard Archer of Regus, Enchanter, etc).
slashzero

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion