To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:30 am

let me just say this.....

with my gowen deck im 40-67

with the falkow deck i just made.....20-2, and thats just the starter cards.
my hate of falkow still stands
evaunit01
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby Porky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:10 am

Please show us the awesome powers of the Falkow starter against people that are more experienced at the game.
Go get 20-2 in Folrat please=)
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
User avatar
Porky
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:45 am

This thread makes me laugh.

Refess4Life ;a41 Falkow doesn't stand a chance against the superior might of Refess.
Image
User avatar
EvilGenius
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Porky wrote:Please show us the awesome powers of the Falkow starter against people that are more experienced at the game.
Go get 20-2 in Folrat please=)


funny thing is, most of the people that i fought, i asked if this was they where playing alt accounts, they claimed yes
evaunit01
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby GunCastor » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:42 pm

evaunit01 wrote:my hate of falkow still stands


Your hatred will change nothing. You can complain and hate all you want, it won't stop people from playing Falkow. So find a way to beat it, for nothing is unbeatable.
Image
User avatar
GunCastor
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:36 am
Location: Texas

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:02 am

GunCastor wrote:
evaunit01 wrote:my hate of falkow still stands


Your hatred will change nothing. You can complain and hate all you want, it won't stop people from playing Falkow. So find a way to beat it, for nothing is unbeatable.


oh im already looking, but no one has come up with an answer yet or prove that falkow is ezmode, unless you make a stupid mistake its a win
i refer you to my thread
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic
evaunit01
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby Porky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 am

evaunit01 wrote:
Porky wrote:Please show us the awesome powers of the Falkow starter against people that are more experienced at the game.
Go get 20-2 in Folrat please=)


funny thing is, most of the people that i fought, i asked if this was they where playing alt accounts, they claimed yes


Alt account indicates it is most likely a new sphere they are playing, which is not their usual sphere/deck of choice. Since Falkow is so brokenly strong, what's stopping you from getting 20-2 in Folrat anyway? 2 of the 3 top ranked players at the moment don't play Falkow, not sure if Maniacalsoul is playing Falkow=/ Every sphere/deck has weaknesses, be more adaptive instead of hating on Falkow.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
User avatar
Porky
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Australia

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:17 am


Alt account indicates it is most likely a new sphere they are playing, which is not their usual sphere/deck of choice. Since Falkow is so brokenly strong, what's stopping you from getting 20-2 in Folrat anyway? .


because i don't like using cards that require no skill, now your argument that their not playing their "usual sphere" would be valid, but falkow isen't my usual sphere either. why i stopped, because i find it disgusting how easy the falkow sphere is. a "thinking man" sphere? thats a joke right? i whenever i made a mistep, all i had to do was, plop return, uh oh...they are moving too fast! slyph/undine!

again, about the hating, i refer you to my thread, because obviously i havent figured out how to deal with them with any other card sphere but there own and instead of "hating" which, after the damage my record has gone through, i think i have every right to hate falkow, im asking for help to fix this bloody problem and find out how to shut them down

edit: this is from a battle i just fought

Image

50w/17L not one paid card, all starter deck. again, by all means, if you have away to beat these people with gowen cards with 2 ex packs and thats it, by all means tell me. otherwise every method i have attempted has not worked and is starting to make me hate this game,
evaunit01
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby Sasuraiger » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:37 am

This is my first CCG, but I've done a lot of competitive gaming in general. It's completely natural that strong tactics, cards, or what have you arise in any game. Example from videogames: Street Fighter 4 just came out (in the arcades) and they're already dealing with a nasty infinite combo. It's a pretty stupid and pretty strong move. People are already either swearing off the game or figuring out what to do against it. Now I haven't seen anything on this level in Alteil, but what do you do in the face of an overpowering tactic, or more specifically, a tactic that's overpowering you?

a) Stop playing. I can't even count the amount of games I've stopped playing because of something I thought was poor design. It's your call. If I see a "win button" in this game I'll get out and never come back.
b) Improve. The tactic is usually here to stay, and if you're going to keep playing, you can either learn to beat it or continue to lose to it. Find the counter, work on your own game, and earn your wins. LeBeau SS borders on "too good", so lately I have cards set aside in my deck to deal with it specifically.
c) Complain on the internet. This is a popular choice, but whining will not win you any matches. It will, however, make a spectacle of you, as this thread has amply demonstrated. If the tactic is no-skill, if you know everything they're going to do, what does it say about you that you keep losing to it? Attacking the player for finding and exploiting a strong tactic is simply foolish, like getting mad at water for being wet.

full disclosure: I am a pretty weak Falkow player. Crest was fairly easy, Folrart has been really tough. The small community means that the player skill gap is huge. Plenty of very strong players put down my unstoppable-broken-blah-blah-blah Falkow deck like it's nothing. The player is the most important part. PEBKAC.
User avatar
Sasuraiger
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:56 am

Sasuraiger wrote:c) Complain on the internet. This is a popular choice, but whining will not win you any matches. It will, however, make a spectacle of you, as this thread has amply demonstrated. If the tactic is no-skill, if you know everything they're going to do, what does it say about you that you keep losing to it? Attacking the player for finding and exploiting a strong tactic is simply foolish, like getting mad at water for being wet.



and i have yet to hear anyone say anything that would be helpful at beating falkow. all i hear is people saying it isen't that strong, but have yet to provide a strategy or evidence that will prove that it isent that strong.

for the third time, prove to me that falkow is not that hard to beat WITHOUT paid cards. otherwise your not contributing much to this thread but being chalked up to another falkow player that knows their deck is broken but dosen't want to admit it
evaunit01
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron