To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby GunCastor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:59 am

evaunit01 wrote:oh im already looking, but no one has come up with an answer yet or prove that falkow is ezmode, unless you make a stupid mistake its a win
i refer you to my thread
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

How about this? There are many strong Falkow players. However, there are a lot of Falkow players that aren't doing very well at all. I play Falkow and I'm somewhere in the mid-ranges, with wins around the 50% area. I have the most difficulty against Lawtia decks but I'm not going to hate upon that faction for it's pointless to do so. Besides you winning more with a Falkow deck and you getting beat by them when you use your other deck, what other proof do you have? Maybe the way you play is more suited for Falkow, who knows?
GunCastor

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:04 am

GunCastor wrote: what other proof do you have? Maybe the way you play is more suited for Falkow, who knows?

please read back in the thread before you reply again....
evaunit01

Postby Romdeau » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 am

Eva are you limiting your "evidence" to your experiences in Crest? I can tell you right now Crest is nothing like Folart. If you're not, I'm quite impressed; I encounter spheres that manage to put me down and I'm left stumped-but I can usually tell what went wrong for me. Whether it was a mistimed return, or a devastating SS I just couldn't predict; I'm tired of hearing this whining.

There are plenty of ways to counter this "broken" Falkow you speak of and you need to figure it out for yourself because right now you're making it sound like the entire sphere is invincible. Sure return is useful-so is Fire Arrow. Both will give the Iczer whom casted it a field advantage for THAT turn but at the expensive of SP and losing a turn of setting a unit. Need a higher Gowen lvl to blow that unit up? You guys invest in your sphere anyhow for the rank ups. What a ridiculous lvl 3 tank! Oh wait Combat Monk is lvl 2 and do massive amounts of damage and goes first. Weakness? 30 hp. My level 2 Haste Soldier looks like a complete wimp compared to that guy. Dealing craploads of damage is what Gowen is best at. Falkows strength is to manipulate the field each turn so that it turns to their favor. You think my level 3 units stand a chance against your massive damage dealing units? No, so I rely on support units and Sylphs/Undines/Returns to make it so I have the upper hand. There is a limit as to what the support can do though, and that's when the cracks begin to show themselves in Falkow. Without the support, our guys are pretty mediocre compared to other spheres LVL 3s.

My point is, each sphere has their strengths and weaknesses and if you can't find out what weakness Falkow has-that's a you problem.
Romdeau

Postby GunCastor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:18 am

evaunit01 wrote:
GunCastor wrote: what other proof do you have? Maybe the way you play is more suited for Falkow, who knows?

please read back in the thread before you reply again....

I have and I don't think you have enough evidence to demand any evidence from others. If all this is really from just the Crest Arena, it doesn't really apply to the Folrart Arena since things there are very different. Just from the mere mention of Brave Soldier + Panther Soul sent the topic off-track. My point? Falkow is not the only sphere with strong combos and cards.
GunCastor

Postby Sasuraiger » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:24 am

evaunit01 wrote:and i have yet to hear anyone say anything that would be helpful at beating falkow. all i hear is people saying it isen't that strong, but have yet to provide a strategy or evidence that will prove that it isent that strong.

for the third time, prove to me that falkow is not that hard to beat WITHOUT paid cards. otherwise your not contributing much to this thread but being chalked up to another falkow player that knows their deck is broken but dosen't want to admit it

Shinji, I'd like to introduce you to the burden of proof. Why should I sit here making a case when you haven't made one of your own? The only point you've made here is that you're good at emulating your namesake.
Sasuraiger

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 am

Proxy wrote:Eva are you limiting your "evidence" to your experiences in Crest? I can tell you right now Crest is nothing like Folart. If you're not, I'm quite impressed; I encounter spheres that manage to put me down and I'm left stumped-but I can usually tell what went wrong for me. Whether it was a mistimed return, or a devastating SS I just couldn't predict; I'm tired of hearing this whining.

hmm, that last screenshot was from the folrat arena, if you tired of hearing it, dont read it

There are plenty of ways to counter this "broken" Falkow you speak of and you need to figure it out for yourself because right now you're making it sound like the entire sphere is invincible. Sure return is useful-so is Fire Arrow. Both will give the Iczer whom casted it a field advantage for THAT turn but at the expensive of SP and losing a turn of setting a unit.

but who needs fire arrow when you have magic scythe soldier that rips apart your support units with no usage of SP

Need a higher Gowen lvl to blow that unit up? You guys invest in your sphere anyhow for the rank ups. What a ridiculous lvl 3 tank! Oh wait Combat Monk is lvl 2 and do massive amounts of damage and goes first. Weakness? 30 hp. My level 2 Haste Soldier looks like a complete wimp compared to that guy. Dealing craploads of damage is what Gowen is best at.

last time i checked, if units match in AGI, it turns into a game of lucky flips. since haste solider and combat monk have the same agi when CM is ranked up, this applies. then to also make matters worse, combat monk takes SP to revive, haste soldier dosent

Falkows strength is to manipulate the field each turn so that it turns to their favor. You think my level 3 units stand a chance against your massive damage dealing units?

deep sea hunter makes an awesome tank, hey he's only three SP, guess where i got that sp from, all those haste soldiers that didnt take any SP to revive! WOW, now i got a tank WITH defense coupled with slpyh/undine backed up by song sorceress with magic scythe warrior sitting here picking off my support units. so lets say lets fire arrow the tank, oops wait, he has two more!

so do we understand where im coming from yet?
Last edited by evaunit01 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
evaunit01

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:27 am

Sasuraiger wrote:
evaunit01 wrote:and i have yet to hear anyone say anything that would be helpful at beating falkow. all i hear is people saying it isen't that strong, but have yet to provide a strategy or evidence that will prove that it isent that strong.

for the third time, prove to me that falkow is not that hard to beat WITHOUT paid cards. otherwise your not contributing much to this thread but being chalked up to another falkow player that knows their deck is broken but dosen't want to admit it

Shinji, I'd like to introduce you to the burden of proof. Why should I sit here making a case when you haven't made one of your own? The only point you've made here is that you're good at emulating your namesake.

care to provide anything useful to the conversation sasu or you just going to keep throwing out insults?
evaunit01

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 am

GunCastor wrote: Just from the mere mention of Brave Soldier + Panther Soul sent the topic off-track. My point? Falkow is not the only sphere with strong combos and cards.

panther soul and brave soldier is easily negated by undine. your 50 health turns to zilch very quickly when your agi drops to 0
evaunit01

Postby Porky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:57 am

Okay fine, you want to be baby fed strategies? This is what you do, pack assassins as soul cards, and time them well, salamander/dryad to grave yard for a sea hunter which opens up their support units for your front line. Another popular choice is using bear charging axeman, and drop a dryad on him or dual wield magic sword dude. Further more, use explosive spores, time them well and all the undine/slyph/songstress goes right to the trash.

I've played both gowen and Falkow, Gowen not so extensively, now if you want help, be more specific in how you're losing. What strategy are they employing against you and maybe we'll feel kind enough to give you counter strategies(doubtful since most people seem to hate you now).

And about returns, 2-3 returns are all they pack, and it is almost predictable when a Falkow player will return, this comes from experience and if you can anticipate it you can plan around it.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby GunCastor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:04 am

- Kurina revives for free, she can let everyone do more damage.
- Gowen is not meant to tank, they're meant to do damage and lots of it fast. Bear-killing Axeman and Blitz Soldier have a lot of hp though. If you want to, that plant great spirit can boost anyone's defense by 10 just by being set.
- Salamander can finish anyone left with 10 hp or left. Fire Arrow can do direct damage, so can Fire Tornado. Fire Wyvern does 30 to someone when set. You can do damage in so many ways before the fighting even begins!
- Not to mention spores, taking a hit meant for someone else and then doing 10 across the opponent's board.

My point, Gowen is plenty strong a sphere as well! I bet those Refess players can attest to that.

But I wouldn't depend on panther soul against a falkow player. Prepare and adapt, you will win. I am not a Gowen player so I can't give you tips directly. But I can see the many strong points the sphere offers.
GunCastor

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion