To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: To those who think Falkow is too strong...

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:17 am

Porky wrote:Okay fine, you want to be baby fed strategies?

who said anything about baby feeding. all you had to do was suggest something, instead i got a bunch of people telling me how falkow is not strong without suggesting anything

I've played both gowen and Falkow, Gowen not so extensively, now if you want help, be more specific in how you're losing. What strategy are they employing against you and maybe we'll feel kind enough to give you counter strategies

they use the same strat everytime

(doubtful since most people seem to hate you now)

three people and one guy that uses wikipedia as his bible, i think i can live with that :lol:
evaunit01

Postby Porky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 am

Not every falkow player opens the same way, I don't play the cookie cutter deck, so refresh my memory.
I'm guessing its 3 into falkow haste soldier? then what?
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:26 am

usually revive the haste soldier and then deep sea hunter
evaunit01

Postby Porky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:39 am

You can go, kurina to blitz soldier, and it really depends on your deck/play style.
kurina front row, blitz second, third turn summon brave soldier, 4th turn panther soul the brave soldier, and I set baby gowen angel as first SS for it to activate after Kurina falls. But yes that strategy fails hard if they cyclone (Most don't)

Or you could go Kurina to dryad/salamanda and get out a level 3 the same turn as their sea hunter. Plan your soul cards with assassins.
Build your front row and try to kill the sea hunter to force sp revival so they can't return, you have to watch their sp and predict.

This is all hypothetical/theoretical you need to adapt in the actual games. If you're really desperate pack a salamander/brokensoldier xxxx as a soul for late game. Most falkow support units have 20hp or less and just focus on unit killing to drop their LP. It is quite easy to run Falkow out of cards especially since most Falkow players don't revive undine/slyphs early game.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Awod » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:40 am

evaunit01 wrote:
Sasuraiger wrote:c) Complain on the internet. This is a popular choice, but whining will not win you any matches. It will, however, make a spectacle of you, as this thread has amply demonstrated. If the tactic is no-skill, if you know everything they're going to do, what does it say about you that you keep losing to it? Attacking the player for finding and exploiting a strong tactic is simply foolish, like getting mad at water for being wet.

and i have yet to hear anyone say anything that would be helpful at beating falkow. all i hear is people saying it isen't that strong, but have yet to provide a strategy or evidence that will prove that it isent that strong.

for the third time, prove to me that falkow is not that hard to beat WITHOUT paid cards. otherwise your not contributing much to this thread but being chalked up to another falkow player that knows their deck is broken but dosen't want to admit it

There is no sure-fire strategy to beat Falkow, but the same goes for any sphere. I can't say "do this" because there IS a way to beat this. ANYONE playing ANYTHING can lose. The misconception of Falkow being unstoppable is somewhat irritating but you know what? In all of my games no one has done this "falkow? *gives up*". I work just as hard as anyone else for my victories don't belittle my efforts, it's insulting.

I can't provide you with what you want, it'll only invoke arguments with no end because things can and will be countered. The only advice I can give you is to endure, eventually you may find ways to fend off common strategies but you can't win every time.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 am

In all of my games no one has done this "falkow? *gives up*". I work just as hard as anyone else for my victories don't belittle my efforts, it's insulting.

no thats just "lets not waste our time with what we already know is going to happen"
evaunit01

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 am

Porky wrote:You can go, kurina to blitz soldier, and it really depends on your deck/play style.
kurina front row, blitz second, third turn summon brave soldier, 4th turn panther soul the brave soldier, and I set baby gowen angel as first SS for it to activate after Kurina falls. But yes that strategy fails hard if they cyclone (Most don't)

Or you could go Kurina to dryad/salamanda and get out a level 3 the same turn as their sea hunter. Plan your soul cards with assassins.
Build your front row and try to kill the sea hunter to force sp revival so they can't return, you have to watch their sp and predict.

This is all hypothetical/theoretical you need to adapt in the actual games. If you're really desperate pack a salamander/brokensoldier xxxx as a soul for late game. Most falkow support units have 20hp or less and just focus on unit killing to drop their LP. It is quite easy to run Falkow out of cards especially since most Falkow players don't revive undine/slyphs early game.

i mentioned before that this is using a file with only 2 ex packs, the gowen ex packs...

no panthers
no 4-5 star cards

this is merely starter falkow decks against a start gowen deck with nothing but level up rewards and two ex packs
evaunit01

Postby Falanx » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 am

Well you've got 2 EX Packs so why not use Brave Soldier to kill the Hunter? It might not be as easy as with Panther Souls but between Brave and Blitz you should be able to handle anything on the field in my opinion...

Try this Blitz>Brave>Rougeerst if someone opens with the cookie cutter Falkow start that you're describing. It will generally demolish everything they have on the field by 3rd turn.

My only other reccommendation would be to dump your other Rougeerst into your first SC and use a spore to activate it ASAP as it will rank your Brave again, which will likely have died around that time, as well as make blitch a much bigger threat. Also makes it so they can't return either of them too due to the Level Up feature.

After the opening though you're required to think for yourself, I can't help you any more than this...
Falanx

Postby Sasuraiger » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:24 pm

evaunit01 wrote:care to provide anything useful to the conversation sasu or you just going to keep throwing out insults?

I've seen enough of these types of discussions to know that you're just going to ignore anything that doesn't agree with you. I have no intention of changing your mind. I only came in to make a point, and insulted you when I was insulted.
Sasuraiger

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:07 pm

I still can't understand why most people still think Return is a 1 turn advantage. Fire Arrow is 1 turn advantage. You kill 1 unit, have the field lead and kill my other units fairly easy w/o damage. Next turn I revive my guy that died (unless I've used up all the cards, but by then I'm playing another unit).

For Return, I lose the unit on the field. Then proceed to have all other units trampled and barely do any damage. Now I have to worry about having enough SP to send a new unit to replace while trying to revive what I can on the field. IF by some miracle i have both, it will take another turn before the unit comes in. And if it is a level 3, guess what, those 2 turn of barely hurting them gave them enough SP for another Return. The only way to make this a mere 1 turn advantage is if I happen to be playing a unit the turn the Return comes.

Now to Eva:
Dealing with Falkow, my main strategy is to try to use Assassins and Druids on them. Of course I play Lawtia. My Gowen deck is mainly a starter, but it still is a bit lacking to be played well. I use Assassin as the first soul. If I had a 3rd Karina, it would probably work much better. But I'm usually able to handle the big guy coming out turn 3-4. Dryads, Sals, and Spores are good ways to start damaging the back units.
ANIMEniac

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion