Wise but Distracted Recruiting

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Wise but Distracted Recruiting

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm

One of English Alteil's premier guilds is recruiting. Since launch I've had numerous requests to join the guild but I've had to turn people down do to lack of room, however the guild has finally expanded allowing (at the time of this writing) 5 new recruits to join the ranks.

Now there isn't much of a point to guilds in Alteil so first lets start with why you should even consider becoming a Wise but Distracted member:

Prestige - Aside from being one of the first guilds we're also one of only a handful of level 2 official guilds. Whats more currently almost all of our members are over level 20 and the few that aren't have high win percentages and or high RP.

Self Improvement - The guild has a newsletter released to only our guild members aimed to help improve the success of our members through provided information regarding the current state of the meta, popular tactics, and various other tips.

The Future - Guilds may not have much purpose now, but we've been told they will be more meaningful in the future, being part of a good guild now could make things alot easier in the future when these new guild related rewards are added.

-----

Ok so if any of those above things interested you heres a little more about what our guild is about:

We are the Wise but Distracted. Our theme is that we are wise people who could accomplish great things if we focused our intellect, however we are too distracted by playing games like Alteil.

Our Goal: To be a competitive, friendly, and well respected guild for years to come. We are not obsessed with winning but we do expect our players to be intelligent and either already successful or willing to learn from us to help them achieve success. Our members respect and are friendly with their opponents and know that ultimately this is just a game and we're all here just to have fun.

Join Requirements

You must be either:
(see * below if you do not meet these)

Level 20+ and a Win percentage of 40% or higher
Level 15-19 and a Win percentage of 50% or higher
Level 10-14 and a Win percentage of 70% or higher
Level 5-9 and a Win percentage of 75% or higher
We do no accept anyone between level 1-4

You must send me:

A message (it can be a private message to my account on this forum, a mail to me in the game itself, or a post in this thread itself) asking to join the guild, explaining why you would like to join, and explaining how you feel you can help improve the guild if we let you join.

* If you do not meet the above requirements it doesn't mean we won't accept you, however you will be expected to write a more thorough message to me explaining why you should be allowed into the guild. To me a player's character (is he friendly, respectful, and fun to chat with) and willingness to learn are just as important as his win percentage. If you can convince me that you will be helpful in other ways then weekly points (such as helping write strategy newsletters and sharing insights into the top decks being played) I'll gladly over look a bad record or low level.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Wise but Distracted Recruiting

Postby Grain » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Post deleted by Grain.
Last edited by Grain on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby arfort » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:52 pm

I'll join this guild. Lvl41, 84% win rate.
arfort

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:54 am

What are the factors that determine guild rank anyhow. Grain-he didn't claim we're the future Harvard of Alteil. However, I was aware of this guild's existence before this thread's creation.
Romdeau

Postby Grain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:23 am

Proxy wrote:What are the factors that determine guild rank anyhow. Grain-he didn't claim we're the future Harvard of Alteil. However, I was aware of this guild's existence before this thread's creation.

I'm so out of the loop.

Congratulations on expanding.
Last edited by Grain on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby Wisp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 am

I'd be happy to join! Lvl 22 with 52%

I started playing the game as refress, but wasn't too successful after lvl 10. So I've temporary switched to gowen, I do hope to be able to play refress again once the second expansion is released. I have been playing around with a few different decks and am always eager for tips and happy to pass along anything I find. ^_^
Wisp

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 am

Let me see if I can give you a little more background on WBD.

We were originally a guild in another game called Urban Rivals under the name Wise Med Distracted. DantheTimid found out about this game through some means and posted on our forums there. It attracted a few people such as myself. Feeling the name was a little biased, changed the name to Wise but Distracted which works well for us here as well.

The guild was first brought about in the beta. We have a variety of people and friends and not only do we enjoy giving ideas, we also accept ideas and deck concepts. Some have more then enough cards *cough* me *cough cough* and I am always willing to try out a deck concept of a guildy to let them know how well it may or may not work. Sadly though the game will never allow any time of trading so if the guildy wants to test out their deck, they have to go about it by other means if they can not afford credits.

DantheTimid, is very outspoken and passionate about this game. I can only see great things coming from this guild.

BTW, Arfort is a great player and would be a great addition to the guild Dan ^_^ I have played him/her and got royally stomped. That was with my good deck. I did learn a few tricks though :P
Forsakensoul

Postby Xovian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:58 am

Forsakensoul wrote:BTW, Arfort is a great player and would be a great addition to the guild Dan ^_^ I have played him/her and got royally stomped. That was with my good deck. I did learn a few tricks though :P

Same here, I concur.

I test everything and then some. ;)
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 pm

At this time I have sent out invites to all potential new members (please check your Private Messages or in game mail), my apologies to anyone who contacted me and did not receive an invite but there are only so many slots available. I will give the current invitees until the end of this week to join the guild, if anyone hasn't joined by then I will change the join password and begin recruiting a new for those players spots.

In other news we may be expanding the guild's out of game options. The old guild newsletters were put up on a website of mine (since they wouldn't fit in guild mail) so I had planned to eventually create a main site with links to all old news letters for new members however beating me to the punch Awod has created a new site for the guild which I may be using instead to link to the newsletters and his site also includes a guild forum for guild specific conversing and strategy sharing.

Once we get everything worked out, expect a link from either myself or Awod to the guilds new online base of operations.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:08 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:At this time I have sent out invites to all potential new members (please check your Private Messages or in game mail), my apologies to anyone who contacted me and did not receive an invite but there are only so many slots available. I will give the current invitees until the end of this week to join the guild, if anyone hasn't joined by then I will change the join password and begin recruiting a new for those players spots.

In other news we may be expanding the guild's out of game options. The old guild newsletters were put up on a website of mine (since they wouldn't fit in guild mail) so I had planned to eventually create a main site with links to all old news letters for new members however beating me to the punch Awod has created a new site for the guild which I may be using instead to link to the newsletters and his site also includes a guild forum for guild specific conversing and strategy sharing.

Once we get everything worked out, expect a link from either myself or Awod to the guilds new online base of operations.

You're like professionals.

It reminds me of WoW.
Last edited by Grain on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion