Lottery Odds

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Lottery Odds

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Well, thought I would post something here and give everyone an idea.

I just used about 350 (maybe more wasn't really tracking) lottery tries. I ended up with 1 level 5 and a few level 4's and a royal ton of 1's and 2's. Those not privy with math, thats over 10k in gran.

I find it strange though. The first week of release I bought 6k gran and only used like 50 in the lottery. I ended up with 3 or 4 level 5's and like 7 level 4's.

It makes me wonder if they lottery odds have changed. Spending $100 on mostly the lottery and getting 1 sun prince out of it and now spending over $300 on the game over all, I still am missing 2 cards from the collection. The level 5 Law guy and a level 4 from Gowen some sword master guy.

Ive spent $300 on a game before.. well on a set of cards and easily gotten the whole set. Kind of sucks that I could not get the whole set here doing the same.

Really wish we could either just buy singles or have a thing where hey every $50 you spend you get your choice of 1 card. Something nice like that would be great :D
Forsakensoul

Re: Lottery Odds

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 pm

When it comes to bulk like that much, Logress has stated previously if you're going for rarities it's better to buy the boxes or packs. They're programmed to make sure that they don't royally **** over whomever purchases them-unlike the lottery, which really doesn't care one way or the other. Next time you try something like this, go for larger packages if you're looking for higher rarity cards.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Well to be fair the lottery odds are supposed to be slightly worse then normal packs so if its 5 stars your after I'd strongly suggest going for packs (or better yet boxes if you can afford them since you get 15 packs for the price of 14). Lottery's only worth it if you can't afford packs/boxes and or your after the special prize cards.

Incidentally, did you get any special prize cards in your 10,000 gran worth of lotterying?

In the end, the fact that 5 star rarities are so hard to get and you need 3 copies of them in nearly every case to justify running them makes the fact they included eight different 5 stars in the first set pretty insane and rather mean to collectors. With rarity distribution like that even with trading/selling collecting a full set would be extremely expensive.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Like I said, I bought 50 lottery the first week and got like 2 or 3 5's

I know buying boxes is better but still... 1 level 5 out of 10k gran... not even a special card either.
Forsakensoul

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:17 pm

I've to date never gotten anything above 2 star in rarity from lottery, neither during the early days nor now a days, so its possible that you just got super lucky that first week (or that I've just been super unlucky though I probably haven't played the lottery more then 20 times total).

Regardless though I still agree to only get one 5 star out of 10,000 gran is absolutely ridiculous. The lottery is more random then packs/boxes so its a risk you run, just as you could pull many 5 stars out of a few lottery, you could pull almost none out of TONS of lottery. I'm definitely going to be sticking to the consistency of packs/boxes. I may never get a ton of 5 stars in a row, but atleast I should be guarenteeing I get atleast SOME of them.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Return to Alteil General Discussion