Revival of the Dragon Emperors

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Revival of the Dragon Emperors

Postby DearestNight » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Two of my favorite japanese cards coming out, and I just paid my bills. Someone hit me with a deep squid. *cry*
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby jasta85 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:35 pm

i agree that i'm not too impressed with the new falkow cards. the heroes for the most part seem to either hurt both you and your opponent or help you and your opponent almost equally, not to mention some of them are rediculously high sphere cards and will probably almost never be brought out unless you just got your entire army wiped by a counter attack or something. only a few cards really appeal to me

magic freshman:
LV:02 LP:01 HP:40 AT:10 DF:00 AGI:03 RNG:02
(Auto Skill : SP0)
Left and right units will become [AT + 10] until the end of this turn.
(Soul Skill : SP0)
Choose one opponent unit.
The unit you chose will become [DF = 0].

this is actually probably the best card i saw. it's lvl 2 so easy to bring out, it is 40 hp so it has decent survivability and is AGI3 which is ok.
it's autoskill is perfect for boosting your undines and slyphs in the back row, making them 30AT artillery pieces. it can also boost your magic sickle soldier in the 2nd row and be able to attack as well (although it's attack is rather lacking). MUCH better than the slow swan soldier which is hard to get, lvl3 and dies almost all the time.
and it's soul skill finally gives us the killing machine counter when gowen boosts a soldier to like level 4 or more and we cant return it.

Undine Soldier
LV:03 LP:02 HP:50 AT:30 DF:00 AGI:03 RNG:01
(Action Skill : SP1)
Choose one unit.
The unit you chose will become [RNG - 2] until the end of this turn.
(Soul Skill : SP0)
Choose one unit.
The unit you chose will become [AGI = 0].

This is actually decent, it's comparable to the eagle soldier and magical sickle soldier as far as it's basic stats and cost. it's ability to give an enemy unit -2 range is perfect for shutting down those really nasty close range heavy hitters in gowen.

aside from those two cards there are only maybe 2 other cards which i would actually consider putting in my deck.

other than that most other falkow cards are rather lackluster or have limitations. the enchanter has a nice ability but it only works on cards from the magic kingdom.currently there are only 2, yes 2 falkow cards that are classified as magic kingdom making this extremly limited in use. the only SP generation we get is failure which FAILS 50% of the time. it's a one time shot that, will hurt you 25% of the time, not do anything 25% of the time, and help you 50% of the time. definitly not worth taking up a card slot or a turn to use it.

and why do all falkow spell cards (with the exception of return) have to hurt us just as much as the enemy. the new ones we get are no different.

i'm hoping some of these cards get revised, while those cards i mentioned are very nice i'm still unsure as to whether i want to buy packs in hopes of getting them or just continue buying Set1 packs and try and get the many good cards that i still dont have from that set.
jasta85

Postby Grain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:41 pm

The cards which appeal to you will probably be changed.

Will o' the Wisp is an excellent example of this.
Grain

Postby Awod » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 pm

DearestNight wrote:Two of my favorite japanese cards coming out, and I just paid my bills. Someone hit me with a deep squid. *cry*

Bills are important too. :P

out of curiosity which two are you looking forward to?
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby radishlaw » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:05 pm

First of all, excellent animation, really well done. I love it.:)
I think the balanse of set 2 depends on what kind of change is done on the cards.

As far as I know, what you see in that website is the original version of the cards,
and later on the Japanese made some changes to some of the cards at around set 8
(I need to dig around for that page)

and of course, due to the change to will 'o wisp, there would be some other changes as well,
so we are not certain until tomorrow.

Anyway, after some discussion with players of the Japanese version, it seems that the balance
is like this:
Refess becomes more and more hardy, by having counter skill that increase DF, and chaning some units'
+DF skill from auto skill to start skill.

Lawtia becomes.... Lawtia, I guess. More Lycanthropes, more cards that set unit stats, more cards that
do damages to either side...

Gowen is still the power sphere, with some cards that gives you unrivaled AT(ignition). Also, pixies...

Falkow becomes harder to use than all other spheres, not because a lack of power, but because some
of their best combos requires rare cards. As far as I know at least 2 new mechanics will be exclusive to
Falkow cards in later expansions.
radishlaw

Postby DearestNight » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Awod wrote:
DearestNight wrote:Two of my favorite japanese cards coming out, and I just paid my bills. Someone hit me with a deep squid. *cry*

Bills are important too. :P

out of curiosity which two are you looking forward to?

Soul Keeper / Phimilliar primarily, and Succubus looks nifty. :-)
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion