Revival of the Dragon Emperors

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Revival of the Dragon Emperors

Postby Xovian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Porky wrote:where are you getting the stats for these cards from?

From here: http://sase.web.fc2.com/aleng.html
As i said before it does not account for any changes that we might see in the US release.

I do however believe we'll see a lot more [card=78]"Black Cat Crossing"[/card] effects used as SS in the very near future as many of the larger creatures (namely the various Dragons) that kill most lvl4 or below cards. All spheres seem to be gaining access to this ability as well.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Porky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm not very impressed with what Falkow will be getting, unless one does a complete revamp. Set 2 seems to be mainly greater attack power and less about control.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Porky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm

I can already sense the extreme gowen strategies emerging, roguerest to rank up all those higher level cards X_x
Porky

Postby Xovian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Not sure I agree with you Porky, after all cards like:
Swan Saber / Alna:
(Action Skill : SP1)
Choose one unit from your opponent.
Deal [Damage : (5 * X)] to that unit.
Where [X] is a number of your SP.

seem very much like control cards to me, the difference is they have more variables then current control.

Personally my favorite, for Falkow, if she is left as is:
WindSorcerer / Femiel (Sorceror):
(Action Skill : SP3)
Deal [HP - 20] to all opponent units.

A lvl4 back row(3) unit that can repeatedly deal damage to all opponents.
Most current cards deal such damage to everyone save for the more expensive [card=02]Wasseir[/card] which of course is Refess.

Given the multitude of SP cards being introduced, I think we'll see more dual sphere players like myself as well.
Given the line up of cards, I'll probably remake my Refess/Falkow file, though I expect this one will be very competitive unlike its previous incarnation.

On another note, given that the SP boost will arrive, we also may see more Lawtia being splashed for [card=47]Shade[/card].
This is of course until a good number of people have gained a number of cards from the new set.
Last edited by Xovian on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xovian

Postby Porky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:13 pm

xovian1 wrote:Not sure I agree with you Porky, after all cards like:
Swan Saber / Alna:
(Action Skill : SP1)
Choose one unit from your opponent.
Deal [Damage : (5 * X)] to that unit.
Where [X] is a number of your SP.

seem very much like control cards to me, the difference is they have more variables then current control.

Personally my favorite, for Falkow, if she is left as is:
WindSorcerer / Femiel (Sorceror):
(Action Skill : SP3)
Deal [HP - 20] to all opponent units.

A lvl4 back row(3) unit that can repeatedly deal damage to all opponents.
Most current cards deal such damage to everyone save for the more expensive [card=02]Wasseir[/card] which of course is Refess.

Given the multitude of SP cards being introduced, I think we'll see more dual sphere players like myself as well.

unless i'm reading it wrong, 5*X of your sp, how often are you going to be leaving SP around unused? If you leave 4sp unused thats a pitiful 20dmg you're dealing at the cost of 1sp no less.
Windsorcerer has the Djinn ability and it costs SP3 X_x, compare with the new Destroyd / XXX
LV:04 LP:01 HP:60 AT:40 DF:00 AGI:03 RNG:01
(Action Skill : SP0)
Choose one unit from your opponent randomly.
Deal [Damage : AT] to the [Cross Line] that unit exist. Thats 40dmg to a random line every turn at no cost of sp, and he doesn't even need to be in the front line to do this.

And er.. Failure hehe, hehehe, you're paying 1sp for a grimmoire that could give you 0-3 sp, look at the probabilities. You're wasting a turn on a card that has 50% chance of either doing nothing (if +1sp) or even costing yourself 1 sp (if +0sp). But it could help in desperate situations maybe. Anyways this is all too hypothetical for now, lets wait a few weeks to see how it all plays out, but Falkow's new cards doesn't seem very impressive to be honest, and what's all the new +SP cards people have been talking about?
Last edited by Porky on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Porky

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Let's not count our eggs yet-the Japanese made significant changes to the starter decks-who's to say they haven't played around with the Dragon expansion?
Romdeau

Postby Xovian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Porky wrote:unless i'm reading it wrong, 5*X of your sp, how often are you going to be leaving SP around unused?

Your forgetting the aspect of spheres having SP boosts, some of them can be rather large (lawtia's version is as much SP as whats in their cemetery).

The odds of files being able to boost SP levels well in to twice or even three times whats normally seen (even now my Refess files often hit upwards of 12 sp) 2 or even 4 sp isnt really that high of a cost. Aslo keep in mind, that ability is obviously a cross over skill grabbed from Refess, so it should be expected that it wont be quite the same level.

Also "Destroyd / XXX" looks to me like it is [card=104]XXXX Machine[/card], which is already released with the Angel EX.
So I suspect that card is already released, or it will be changed given what we already have.
Last edited by Xovian on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Xovian

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Heres my thoughts on the refess cards xovian1 pointed out:

Recovery Powder
Well atleast its a more useful level 1 grimoire then defensive maneuvers. That said, I'm not sure if recovering 10 hp and gaining no additional field presence is worth a precious grimoire slot. Then again I often find myself ignoring grimoires all together with refess since their first set grimoires were so terrible.

Energy Bolt
This is a card I supremely hope gets buffed for the english release cause based on that sites version of it, its almost completely useless. The most it'll ever do is 25 damage to a single unit, and thats typically only going to happen if you use it on one of the first turns, if you don't find a chance to use it early its power only further decreases. It needs to be buffed so that it deals ATLEAST 30 damage in the early game if its going to be worth considering for a deck in my opinion.

Lycanthrope [Angel]
You know its sad but from what I've found via research, the only actual "angels" in the entire japanese game to date are the same 4 ex angels we already have. The lycanthrope angels (Angel and Seraph) don't count as angels. They do however build the back bone of an endless morning deck... now if only solar prince wasn't a 5 star so that more then like 5 people in the english game had a playset of them and could try the deck out. Guess I'll just have to wait till the next "access to all cards" tournament to try the theme out like I did with endless night and eskatia.

And just a little extra non-refess note
Dropout Hero
Heres the thing about this guy, if he stays as he is, he's level 4 and thus not a legal target for panther soul as it requires level 3 or less. The gowen angel can still make this guy work, but as a level 4 instead of level 2 he's not going to drop until the opponents had some time to set up unlike brave soldier whose perhaps greatest strength is his ability to come out early before the opponent has had a chance to set up. He also lacks Slash, another key proponent of Brave Soldier. Is he interesting and potentially quite potent. Indeed his is. Still Brave Soldier still scares me more.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Xovian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:41 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Dropout Hero
Heres the thing about this guy, if he stays as he is, he's level 4 and thus not a legal target for panther soul as it requires level 3 or less. The gowen angel can still make this guy work, but as a level 4 instead of level 2 he's not going to drop until the opponents had some time to set up unlike brave soldier whose perhaps greatest strength is his ability to come out early before the opponent has had a chance to set up. He also lacks Slash, another key proponent of Brave Soldier. Is he interesting and potentially quite potent. Indeed his is. Still Brave Soldier still scares me more.

A note on this one.
I wasn't saying it would be replacing Brave Soldier, but I bet you can count on seeing both.
Both also share the Rank up of Gowen lvl9. I'm sure this is no coincidence.
I did forget about panther souls limited ability (lvl 3 and below only), however once an iczer gets this one out, other large creatures may not be far behind. Most of the dragons destroy all level 2's, and some have a habit of eating all below lvl 4. Couple this with the fact that return and several other level restricted cards can't touch the Dropout, it will make a worthy mid/late game replacement for Brave Soldier. As we all know, most players make it a priority to get rid of him because if left alone, Brave Soldier can decimate a field. I think these two together will show more of the same.
Xovian

Postby Grain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm not seeing much of that SP generation I was promised.
Grain

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion