MUCH better

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

MUCH better

Postby jasta85 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:47 am

new cards are out and i was honestly very skeptical of the falkow cards when i saw the original versions however almost all of them have gotten quite a nice boost, definitly worth picking up the second set now. in fact, where there were only maybe 3 or 4 cards i would have considered putting in my deck at all, there are now only maybe 3 or 4 cards i probably wont use. havnt checked the other spheres yet but i'm very pleased with the new expansion, even willing to shell out some more cash for these cards, something i only do rarely.
jasta85

Re: MUCH better

Postby Porky » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:04 am

If you get them that is, 4 boxes down and still haven't got the sets of cards i want-_-
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby radishlaw » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:12 am

the power level of the cards I see so far is great...maybe too great.
And we haven't even seen the dragon emperors yet.

Refess now is definitely on par with other spheres, provided that you are able to get the cards from Set 2.
radishlaw

Postby jasta85 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:02 am

well, 2 boxes so far, i'm considering getting a gowen or lawtia starter as i've gotten some very nice 4 stars from each, not to mentiona ton of other cards. a little dissapointing overall with falkow cards as i didnt get a single 4 or 5 star from that set but i did get 3 of the wind sorceress which can be considered better than the 4 star falkow cards. pity though, i did want to see what the 5 stars were.
jasta85

Postby Forsakensoul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:03 am

24k gran down the hole :P I got 5 of the fire dragon but overall didnt do too bad. I still have to recycle cards which should get me another box or 2. Then I have to decide on whether or not I want to buy more to finish the set. I still have not finished set 1. The cards are nice and each sphere has a add 3 to your [type] sphere as a soul card. this is nice for getting your spheres up so you can cast those lvl 6+ monsters.

Time will tell if it is worthwhile though. Most players went with rush or control. Is rush going to be the thing to go for? kill them before they can get out the big baddies??
Forsakensoul

Postby AArvdog23 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 am

Yea Definite Power Creep for the most part. Looking at the spoiler it seemed like buying set 2 wasn't going to be worthed.

A lot of the cards got a buff good buffs at that, but a few got nerfs esp some of the higher level cards. I haven't seen everything yet so maybe its justified.

I just saw the soul skill on Lycanthrope Seraph.
Raise Refess level by 9000!!!!! Lp trigger of 1 so very easy to time. If all the colors have this sort of sphere/ sp generation then yikes.
AArvdog23

Postby Xovian » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:15 am

Forsakensoul wrote:I got 5 of the fire dragon but overall didnt do too bad

Looks like I'm not the only one who saw more of that dragon then others.
Guess thats a good thing for all those Gowen players out there.

I think the changes some of the Lawtia cards has made Lawtia a lot more scary then it use to be.
I'd have to say, I think we will all start seeing more of that sphere, and yes i have compared them to all the cards, I have at least 1 of all of them. It's going to get interesting these next few weeks I'm sure.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Falanx » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:19 am

The succubus alone, in its English form, is a huge boon to Lawtia files. I'm dying to get off work today now, so I can start deckbuilding with some of these :D
Falanx

Postby ManiacalSoul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 am

Anybody gotten one of the 'secret' cards?
And from what Jasta85 said it seems that a 5 star card isnt guaranteed in a set 2 box. Is this the case?

ALso, regarding teh card 'inquisition raid leader' is it a typo is is it really a 2lp combat monk/magic doll? i thot 2 lp cards were supposed to have weaker effects like the random row berserker and moonlight warrior, but this looks like a direct upgrade over combat monk and magic doll and makes moonlight and berserker obsolete if its not a typo.
Last edited by ManiacalSoul on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManiacalSoul

Postby Wisp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:24 am

I can't wait to get home and play some more as well!

Definatly need to get more cards to fully play set2 to it's potential, but it will come in time. With what I was able to pick up, I'm definatly looking forward to building some very different and diverse decks! Can't wait to see what new strategies everyone comes up with! :D

EDIT: I think I might have gotten one or two of the secret cards, but I can't log in here at work :P
Wisp

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion