Anyone having success with Refess?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:06 pm

I'm just curious if anyones having success with Refess after all the hype about them finally not sucking once set 2 came out. As a well known Refess player whose stuck it out through the bad times of set 1 I was very much looking forward to set 2s release and purchased 2 boxes of it in hope of finally forming a competitive refess deck.

Unfortantly I've spent the day losing. It got so bad that for the first time since the launch of the game... I made a non-refess deck! I made it out of my extras from my boxes so its definitely lacking... and yet the deck has actually done BETTER then my refess decks have!

Now I see that the set does finally give the pieces necessary to justify an endless morning deck, and who knows maybe said deck would be quite powerful and competitive, unfortantly the key card of such a deck is Solar Prince / Verlat, a 5 star from set one which I never managed to pull a single copy of, let alone 3. There is a new character who can create morning, but its an action rather then a start skill so unless your facing Eskatia its quite inferior. Whats more that character herself is also a 3 star rare which I managed to pull only a single copy of.

So long rant short... anyone winning more then their losing today with Refess? I've seen alot more of them around but with maybe one exception they all seemed to have RP's as bad or even worse then mine. If you are winning, do you have Verlats?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby Grain » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 pm

I've never understood how to play Refess correctly.
Grain

Postby Forsakensoul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 pm

i wont play until i get my 3rd copy of varlaat. and i need the 5star dragon
Forsakensoul

Postby Wisp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:57 pm

I haven't had a chance to try out my new refress cards yet, but I'll be sure to let you know how it plays! ^_^
Wisp

Postby Snikkerz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 am

Well I have played around with the Holy Dragon and the Coatl so far, and Coatl in my opinion is really good, and if you can manage to play the Holy Dragon as well, it just gets better. I don't know about making a successful refess deck, but Coatl will definitely be a part of my refess strategy.
Snikkerz

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 am

I'm holding out hope. ;a41 I'll give it 2 or 3 more expansions.
EvilGenius

Postby Porky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 am

Play endless morning with the Lycanthrope angel, and sp generators, the expan angel would do nicely. Then you can put out cassoway king or something and start buffing def/hp and the like=) They never die! Until your opponent soulskills that princess morning card and proceed to destroy your field=)
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Cheezy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 am

I haven't had much trouble against endless morning yet. And I only have 3 cards that are not included in the starter set

The SP steal is so dangerous against endless morning, and the basic lawtia units one-shot the angel.
Verlat isn't very hard to reach either and if they try to boost the angel's def, I'll just put out my Elder Druid.

ofcourse, my experience with endless morning is limited.
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
Cheezy

Postby Wisp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:39 am

I have had a bit of success. Once I get the lvl 7 dragon out and bless him, he's hard to kill and can wipe most mid levels. I don't have enough morning cards to try endless morning yet.
Wisp

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Whether or not the expansion makes Refess more deadly is up to you guys to decide; I just wanna chime in that I've seen a significant increase in Refess decks being played in Folart. Instead of one out of every 20 or so decks, it's much more normalized (1/4 or something). Psychologically at least, players think this sphere has been improved with this release.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion