Anyone having success with Refess?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby AnnaTheRed » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Dan,
First of all, your first paragraph in the previous post is about revealing someone's RP without permission from cervelo.
Whether you didn't mean to insult him or not, it's not acceptable in the forum. Also, just because cervelo's RP is lower than 1500 that doesn't mean Refess wasn't improved at all, he is only one player after all. The expansion only came out yesterday so it may take a while for people to come up with good winning strategies, especially since there are so few Refess players, learning new strategies takes longer.

Even if you lose a lot or your RP is low, if you feel you're doing a lot better with Refess than before, that's what it counts, isn't it? At least I thought that's what this topic was about. Sharing good combos, strategies that work, etc etc...

Oh, and to make things clear, cervelo is our boss. The big boss. CEO of Media Blasters.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
Image
User avatar
AnnaTheRed
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:38 am
Location: New York

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby Xovian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:26 pm

AnnaTheRed wrote:Oh, and to make things clear, cervelo is our boss. The big boss. CEO of Media Blasters.

AnnaTheRed
;a40


Cool, shmoozing with the big wigs. :)
Glad it was brought over, i think a lot of people are having fun with it.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Image
User avatar
Xovian
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:30 pm

To shift back on topic, I'm still falling into the same Refess pit: not enough AT to keep up, not enough HP to survive. Yes, Refess's units have the best HP, but not by much. I just don't see how the stall strategy can be successful.
Image
User avatar
EvilGenius
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Anna, I offer my most sincere apologies for doing something that was unacceptable on the forum, would it have been ok if I had been more general rather then giving specific numbers?

The reason I did it derived from the fact I've been waiting for some one to say they'd found a strategy that worked for refess (since none of mine are, I'm actually doing much WORSE since set 2 came out instead of better), so when a player came along claiming they had such a strategy I had gotten very excited. This prompted me to check his RP hoping to see a large number to confirm his honesty, and dismayed me when I found instead a really low number. Obviously his number makes alot more sense now that I know he's the CEO of Media Blasters, but at the time it sounded like a player claiming refess he had a successful strategy but that it was his secret just to mess with refess players heads, sort of kick them when their down. After all if he truly had such a great refess strategy, he'd have a good RP, why would he claim he had a great strategy that he was keeping secret if he was losing? Regardless it just seemed like something was fishy so I felt it was worth pointing out.

In any case, it was clearly a big misunderstanding on my part which I again applogize for.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
User avatar
DanTheTimid
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby teasel » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:25 pm

you know i can picture this "cervelo" (cervello means brain in italian) petting a cat... he raises his hands and the evil moderator dastardly go and do his evil deed like making a powerfull new version of lebeau!
(this is a joke i know it's not you guys that decide on this stuff :P)
User avatar
teasel
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Ah, so thats who Cervelo is. I had the honor of playing him when set two came out ^^. Now i understand what that last card he played on me was for XD. That was an interesting combo Cervelo.

I have a few Refress cards I can use, but lack a few key ones for a good deck. I see good possibilities with some of the cards. I had high hopes for the Shield throwing knight, until i read his effect was a random 1 time-lose DF hit. Really put me down. He could have been a really strong contender with some nice DF cards and repeatable skill. The Priestess of the Holy Weapon is pretty nice, heal 15 HP and decent attack.

Refress can take a bit of pounding, but the other decks have many ways to boost attack. And Falkow's Returns will just break the defense of Refress. I'm still playing around a bit. I'm a Lawt player so I prefer tricks and timing. Refress is much more slow paced, so the play style and Souls are something that have to really reflect that and compensate each other...

One major gripe I have is the lack of good cannon fodder for Refress. Wisp just doesn't help that much. The new Armed Citizen is sad b/c the buff is just 1 turn. Then it sits there doing nothing. 5 or 10 attack would do something. I mean, why give it 5 AGI to sit there? The only thing I see is following it up with another Armed and possibly have a 10-20 AT, 5 AGI hitter for a turn.
User avatar
ANIMEniac
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby Grain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:03 pm

EvilGenius wrote:To shift back on topic, I'm still falling into the same Refess pit: not enough AT to keep up, not enough HP to survive. Yes, Refess's units have the best HP, but not by much. I just don't see how the stall strategy can be successful.


The fact that DanTheTimid was successful means that we aren't trying hard enough.

Up the ante or switch to Gowen.

It's R-e-f-e-s-s

Re = remote

Fess ryhmes with best

I have nothing to contribute to this thread...
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby AidanHawke3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Hey I'm pretty new, but my noob opinion on Refess is this. I got 4 accounts so I can try every starter and learn the game and sucked with everything except Refess. Now after playing a ton, I'm getting super owned by like everyone that's mid level or higher. Being stubborn, I've kept playing the deck even buying some new cards and trying to formulate what a good strategy would be and what I've found I think is this. The HP and Longevity that is supposed to be the hallmark of the sphere just isn't good enough. I mean if you're supposed to be high HP fine, the Lvl 2 Priest with 45 HP is fantastic, the Folrart Paladin with 65 is good, but that's really about it. Cure and that other grimore that brings back closed characters for 5 is extremely limited. I mean how many of your last copies of a card die at once to get the full benefit anyway? It's a very specific instance that doesn't really help very much. And you know having high HP as a trait for your cards really is kind of lame, I'd take more Damage any day. I mean two cards in your starter do more then 25 dmg, the Lion King and your Spearwoman only if you use her 1 SP ability. What's the use when other guys can boost up one or two characters to like 50 to 60 def? or raise everyone's Attack by 40 or 50? I mean I can hear my front line crying when someone uses a Killing Machine's Soul Skill for like +50 Def, like what do I pull out in that instance? The only thing that has penetration is the spearwoman and god help if i don't have meat in front of her to take hits so she can get off her Penetrating Light. And I mean when Vordore comes out, I might as well just hit Give Up.

I don't know, it just seems Falkow is where it's at in terms of strategy for people around my level. Though the new set has some nice stuff, Dawn Lycanthropy seems cool particularly so, we'll see. Anyone have any good Refess strategies let me know though, I could use at least a 50% win ratio =/
AidanHawke3
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby Grain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:30 pm

AidanHawke3 wrote:Hey I'm pretty new, but my noob opinion on Refess is this. I got 4 accounts so I can try every starter and learn the game and sucked with everything except Refess. Now after playing a ton, I'm getting super owned by like everyone that's mid level or higher. Being stubborn, I've kept playing the deck even buying some new cards and trying to formulate what a good strategy would be and what I've found I think is this. The HP and Longevity that is supposed to be the hallmark of the sphere just isn't good enough. I mean if you're supposed to be high HP fine, the Lvl 2 Priest with 45 HP is fantastic, the Folrart Paladin with 65 is good, but that's really about it. Cure and that other grimore that brings back closed characters for 5 is extremely limited. I mean how many of your last copies of a card die at once to get the full benefit anyway? It's a very specific instance that doesn't really help very much. And you know having high HP as a trait for your cards really is kind of lame, I'd take more Damage any day. I mean two cards in your starter do more then 25 dmg, the Lion King and your Spearwoman only if you use her 1 SP ability. What's the use when other guys can boost up one or two characters to like 50 to 60 def? or raise everyone's Attack by 40 or 50? I mean I can hear my front line crying when someone uses a Killing Machine's Soul Skill for like +50 Def, like what do I pull out in that instance? The only thing that has penetration is the spearwoman and god help if i don't have meat in front of her to take hits so she can get off her Penetrating Light. And I mean when Vordore comes out, I might as well just hit Give Up.

I don't know, it just seems Falkow is where it's at in terms of strategy for people around my level. Though the new set has some nice stuff, Dawn Lycanthropy seems cool particularly so, we'll see. Anyone have any good Refess strategies let me know though, I could use at least a 50% win ratio =/


Your best bet is to read the forums every day and stalk DanTheTimid like a hawk.

In one post, he said he doesn't have any cards higher than level 3.

Then again, he's also said that he's constantly changing his file.
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Anyone having success with Refess?

Postby AidanHawke3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:41 pm

lol thanks...that's good advice? =) You know I didn't even see at the bottom of this page there were two more pages of posts, ugh I'm not a very good forum person, I'm just waiting for the server to go back up lol
AidanHawke3
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests