Need Info on three of the 5 star Cards.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Need Info on three of the 5 star Cards.

Postby angelatheist » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:05 pm

The one disadvantage to the fire dragon soul skill is that if your opponent kills everything on your board and then iczer attacks you, then you'll lose your entire field. But I would imagine most situations like that would be lost anyway. The only spot to ever play the card would have to be last soul skill of course.
angelatheist

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:15 pm

If your opponent manages to clear your board and activate your last SC, I'd say your dead anyhow. This acts as a nice safety for those close calls-it may even net you a win, who knows?
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Whats the attack of the level 9 gowen dragon?

and thanks for posting this :D
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby jasta85 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:02 pm

i got two lawatia dragons when i bought boxes, would there be any reason to take two in a deck? i'm considering recycling one so i can buy 2 more boosters but wanted to see if there might be a reason to keep both.
jasta85

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:12 pm

If I were you, I'd recycle one and keep one for future consideration as a SC (Engage all enemy units-1 turn for a pound fest if timed properly!).
Romdeau

Postby jasta85 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:18 pm

i was thinking the same thing, i planned to keep at least 1, partly for the soul power and partly just in case i found a use for it later, guess i'll recycle the other one, although i've had bad luck with my last few booster packs, just getting a bunch of 1 and 2 stars
jasta85

Set 2: 5 Star Rares

Postby KitsuneOni » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Okay, since we can't view the 5 star rares for set 2, I've decided to put all the ones I know about in a thread so people can know what to expect when they see them. There's a few I don't know about, so if anyone wants to contribute their knowledge about 5 star rares I don't have listed here, I can post them on the front page for all to view. Hopefully this will help inspire new ideas for files. Be warned, if you don't want to see them, then don't scroll down. Also, the reviews are according to my opinion and the meta as of now. Please feel free to put your own reviews as you see fit.

;a41
Holy Emperor/Retear Lv 5
65 HP, 35 AT, 0 DF, 3 AGI, 3 RNG, 2 LP
Open Skill 0 SP - Holy Battle Cry: Revive one closed friendly unit
Action Skill 2 SP - Holy Roar: All unit cards from the rival Izcer's cemetery are removed from the game.

Review: Honestly I don't see him being too playable as of now. He's a smaller Holy Light but in the form of a unit with decent attack and sniping capabilities. Although I think he may be better as a shield, just depends on the situation though. His Holy Roar won't be terribly useful except as a counter to Lebeau, but I haven't seen much Lebeau going around since the EX series came out as a massive counter to it.

Knight of Luminance/Ernst Lv 4
50 HP, 30 AT, 10 DF, 3 AGI, 1 RNG, 1 LP
Counter Skill 0 SP - Might of Luminance: This unit gets AT +10 and AGI +1
Soul Skill - Illuminating White Light: Do 30 damage to 3 random disengaged units

Review: Seems to be playable as a unit, but even more so as a soul skill. His Counter Skill stacks and could make him nasty fast, unfortunately he only has 50 HP but 10 DF to make up for that. A Blessing on him seems to be especially good, or anything that can prolong his life. Blessing brings him up to 70 HP and 15 DF and as a level 4 he can't be targeted by Pure Terror and other level specific cards like Return. His Soul Skill only works well when you trigger it by letting a unit die rather than taking it from an Izcer attack so it seems best used in slot 1 if you're playing a file that keeps good control over early game, such as Gowen.

;a39
I don't know the other 5 star rare for Lawtia, but I do know the Dragon Emperor from playing against one so I'll put what I know to the best of my abilities.

Lawtia Dragon Emperor Lv 9
90 HP, 100 AT, 0 DF, AGI 1, RNG 5?, 1 LP?
Soul Skill: Engage all enemy units
Close Skill: Deal 50% of max HP to all units. Damage?
Other Skill: ????

Review: I don't remember his last skill, but as a soul card he seems absolutely amazing. You can stall your opponent a turn while attacking their guys. Can be used in situations to stall for night if you have lycanthropes or a Moonlight Warrior that could die without DF and combo files and files that require a lot of SP, but do their own generating of it. As a level 9 unit, he's VERY pricey. Especially with only 90 HP, but he obviously has an excess amount of AT that will kill anything other than a very late game Lebeau unit or a Gowen Dragon Emperor. His biggest downside is only having 1 AGI. There's very little chance in late game for him to get to his turn, but his close skill will make up for it most of the time. Just a little too costly for a board wipe or Wrath of God (for those who play Magic) in my opinion.

;a40
Flame Emperor/Allind Lv 9
120 HP, 80 AT, 0 DF 3 AGI, 4 RNG, 3 LP
Open Skill 0 SP - Birth of Scorching Flame: Subtract 50 directly from the HP of all units.
Action Skill 3 SP - Tyrant of Scorching Flame: Subtract 50 HP directly from the HP of target enemy unit
Soul Skill - Intense Roar: Remove all friendly closed units from the game

Review: Another costly level 9 as a unit but his skill board wipes when you play him rather than having to time it like the Lawtia emperor. His action skill doesn't seem at all worth it for 3 SP unless you're up against Lebeau'd units. As a soul card he gives 3 LP but there's better 3 LP cards than this that you can use most the time, such as Sphinx or Witch Queen and the Falkow Dragon Emperor.

The Crusher/Extension Lv 3
40 HP, 30 AT, 0 DF, 3 AGI, 2 RNG, 1 LP
Auto Skill 1 SP - Insatiable Spirit of Inquiry: Do [damage: AT] to two random enemy units
Soul Skill - The Great Absorber: Do [damage: 40] to two random enemy units

Review: A ranged unit that can use his auto skill NOT affected by range? Pretty good, especially if you can get him behind a Blitz Soldier or another form of wall. With Magic Weapon on him his ability can take out a lot of level 3 units or lower (except for Blitz Soldier of course who is practically a staple for surviving early to mid-game attacks). As a soul card he's the exact same as the first set's Gowen 5 star rares and as good as it use to be.

;a38
Don't know the Dragon Emperor 100% again, but have seen it. So guidance is appreciated.
Guard Leader/Renally Lv 4
60 HP, 10 AT, 10 DF, 4 AGI, 1 RNG, 2 LP
Auto Skill 0 SP - Winged Shield: Friendly units in area 1-2-3 get +10 DF for this turn.
Action Skill 1 SP - Shield Blade: Subtract DFx2 from the HP of one enemy unit in range
Soul Skill - Magic Seal: Revive all friendly Characters

Review: Her soul skill is very limited even though she gives 2 LP. Playing a bunch of characters is the only way it could be effective, but even then it's a matter of timing and sacrificing one of your closed units to revive the others. As a unit though, she's a beefier sorcerer guard with the ability to do some damage while providing the DF rather quickly at 4 AGI. She has higher HP for a Falkow unit, and if you put her in the front row she'll be up to 20 DF along with ability to do penetrate for 40 damage from a target of your choice in range. Combining her with a Sorcerer Guard fighting in the back along with a Sea Hunter alongside of Renally could make a very formidable wall of swords. While at the same time protecting units such as the Wizard Archer of Regus that only has 10 HP but 40 attack and pinpoint. If you form an SP conserving setup with powerful level 3's this might be a very good mid game setup.

That concludes all I know about the level 5 rares, but I'll be more than glad to edit the front page and add them once I find out. Feel free to post your own thoughts and strategies on what you think of them. Thanks for reading!
Where there is light there must be darkness, for without evil there is none that is good.
KitsuneOni

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:31 pm

Gota wrote:Whats the attack of the level 9 gowen dragon?

and thanks for posting this :D

ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Essence » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:11 pm

I've seen pheonix win a game for someone. Lawtia angel out, and they returned it. Since I was hitting it around a Lebeaud unit(I think I threw off its timing). They ended up winning.
Essence

Postby DWildstar » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:28 am

Merged KitsuneOni's post about 5 star rares into this thread.
DWildstar

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion