MM got worse

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

MM got worse

Postby woshiro » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 pm

I would like to say a few words about the mirage minigame that allows players to earn some extra gran. For people like me who dont pay their money for the game this was the only way to get some gran a receive some cards once in a while... For quite a long time Ive been playing intermediate difficulty on PRO level earning myself 20 gran a day. There were three keys to sucess: first you must have good memory and dont make a single mistake, second you have to play very very fast, third you must a have a huge bit of luck. By the time I gave all cards some nicknames and memorized them making my play more smooth. I didnt make mistakes I was fast and it took my about half an hour to wait for the "luck" part to come and win.

But after the expansion whole MM got worse. Those tons of new cards made it impossible to win intermediate PRO level. ( I gave up after two hours ) Its because some new cards look very similar as some old ones ( take a look at [card=274]Enchanter[/card] and [card=84]Swan Cavalier[/card] or [card=270]Wizard Archer of Regus[/card] and [card=10]Rapidshot Magic Archer[/card] and many many more ). Also when there are two times more cards my mind get too confused with previous games settings and I make more mistakes.

I so wen one level down and tried four star intermediate difficulty thinking this would have to be piece of cake anyways, cos before the expansion it took about five minutes to win that level... After an hour and half I settled for 10 gran and left the game very very upset...

Is anyone expiriencing something similar? I think that much better than just adding the card pictures to MM ( imagine it after few expansions with few hundrer pictures - tons of them would look similar and we will be happy for winning those 10 gran ) would be to let players choose from which set they want they want pictures. I think that 100 possible images are more than enough to stick them to our head and remember... It was a tough work to come up with hundred different picture nicknames and now its all gone...

Maybe some player will tell me to stop complaining and buy some gran for money instead but also hope that there are some players who find MM harder as well and are unhappy with it that will agree with me.

PS: Sorry for mistakes if I made any, but english is not my native language and its hard to correct everything in long text such as this one
woshiro

Re: MM got worse

Postby slashzero » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Well, it's the same for me since I play the 4-star beginner level, which has more to do with luck than memorization. It's only the harder difficulties that really got harder.
slashzero

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Yes, this is exactly what I thought but I play inter on 4 star and right now it's a matter of remembering what the pictures look like. I'm sure over time, I will learn the actual cards names and be able to remember them more easily-but until then, just try remembering what they "sord of" look like.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Well first off I do agree with you that things got alot harder. I've never gotten 20, was a 15 gran person(occasionally even 10), so needless to say I was dreading this as some one with a less then photographic memory like myself. That said, after I've played the game more, it has gotten easier. After settling for 10 gran yesterady I got 15 gran today. Its definitely harder with double the cards, but the biggest thing is really just familiarizing yourself with the new cards. I recall when the game first came out I never won more then 10 gran, it wasn't until I really familiarized myself with the cards that I was able to win 15 a day. Thats whats happening again here. More cards means it will be a little harder even once you do give new names for all the new cards, but with time I think I will be able to get my 15 gran again more times then not.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:05 pm

I feel you Dan. I just recently started intermediate for 20. The problem is with so many cards, it takes so much time to load them. I end up having to spend like 30 min just to stop from being stalled for like 2-3 secs for card loading. Also, so many cards look similar, so its easy to confuse them, hence more frustration when you **** up b/c of it.
ANIMEniac

Postby teasel » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:59 pm

i was worried of the same but really nothing much has changed for me... i still take a while then either gets 20 or 15 gran
teasel

Postby arfort » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 pm

woshiro wrote:For quite a long time Ive been playing intermediate difficulty on PRO level earning myself 20 gran a day. [...] it took me about half an hour to wait for the "luck" part to come and win.

Seriously, you might as well just play beginning 4 star for 10 grans. Never takes more than a minute or two for me to get it. At 30 minutes it must start to feel like work and 10 cents per hour doesn't seem like a good wage to me.
arfort

Postby Ekin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:19 pm

arfort wrote:Seriously, you might as well just play beginning 4 star for 10 grans. Never takes more than a minute or two for me to get it. At 30 minutes it must start to feel like work and 10 cents per hour doesn't seem like a good wage to me.

QFT.

Is it really worth it to spend hours getting something that is worth like 30 cents?
Ekin

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:27 pm

It's only going to get harder with every expansion. :mrgreen:
EvilGenius

Postby jasta85 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:03 pm

i do the 4 star beginners level for 10 gran a day, it usually takes me anywhere from 3-8 minutes to do it. you can afford to make 2 mistakes and 30 seconds is a decent amount of time. dont make a huge amount of gran but i dont have a problem with it, even with the new expansion.
jasta85

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion