MM got worse

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: MM got worse

Postby angelatheist » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:10 pm

I've been able to do the 15 gran per day and i could occasionally do the 20 gran even though it took a lot of time. One other thing I noticed is that it seems like it takes longer to load the cards when more people are in the room. Can anyone else confirm this?
angelatheist

Postby arfort » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:51 pm

The trick with 4 star beginner is to just flip the first two cards, if they don't match you redo that way you only waste 5 seconds or so per game that has fairly low chances of being won. 1/8th of games will start with a good flip so takes you about 40 seconds to get a good game and you have roughly 50% chances of winning from that point on if you don't make mistakes so in average per day it takes a minute or two to win.
arfort

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm

arfort wrote:The trick with 4 star beginner is to just flip the first two cards, if they don't match you redo that way you only waste 5 seconds or so per game that has fairly low chances of being won. 1/8th of games will start with a good flip so takes you about 40 seconds to get a good game and you have roughly 50% chances of winning from that point on if you don't make mistakes so in average per day it takes a minute or two to win.

I concur. This is how I play my 10 daily gran.
EvilGenius

Postby jasta85 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:56 pm

actually, with 4 star beginner i simply keep going each time till i get 3 wrong picks. i have beaten the game when my first 2 picks were wrong but then i found cards which matched the ones i had picked before, and i have lost games in which i got 2 picks in a row perfectly from the start. it just takes a bit of time either way, very easy to do and doesnt require a lot of memorization skills.
jasta85

Postby friedtofu » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 am

I agree. My internet isn't fast enough for Intermediate and there simply isn't enough time. Granted, clicking on the cards would be so much easier if I had a Tablet PC or the like but all those cards loading and the game penalizing you for those loading times suck.

Beginner Level 4 fits about right with me. More than 2 wrongs and its redo time. But I'll try Intermediate some day... actually couldn't pass lvl 3 Intermediate, so how could I pass lvl 4...? >.>
friedtofu

Postby LegendsEnd » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Yeah I'd like to see an option in MM to choose a set(s) to play with. It took awhile but memorizing them can be done. I'm not sure If I can take 1-2 more expansions though lol. Gonna be running out of nicknames for the cards.
LegendsEnd

Postby Illyasviel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Yeah, I was afraid of this happening. New pictures need new nicknames, and sometimes I end up accidentally using the same name twice. For a while, I did Inter-PRO, but after that started getting harder I dropped down to inter-4, and I've been there since. Sometimes I get it my first try, other times I'm sitting there for half an hour. The new pics don't throw me off too badly, as long as I find some way to tell the difference in the really close ones. (I keep getting the new Swan lady mixed up with Dryad Soldier, for instance.

As for nicknames, some of my new ones are:

Bardia- Pope
Mayleen- Key
Folrart Spear Knight- Trio
Millia- Milly
Phimiliar- Fam
Pure Terror- Eyes
Lycan Fenrir- Chocobo (Hey, when the cards that small, his hat looks like a bird's beak!)
Bander- Gilgamesh (Fate/stay night fans know why.)
Dragonscale Sword- Sam
Gladiator- Buff
Wizard Soldier of Regus- Glass
Thunderheads- Gel

And so on. Sometimes, the odder a nickname is, the easier it is to remember.
Illyasviel

Postby GunCastor » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Wizard Archer of Regus is a glass cannon...
That's about all the nicknames I really use except maybe short some of the names.
GunCastor

Postby Awod » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 am

I call her the Lord of Nightmares[just say nightmare to save time], a carrot goes to whomever can guess why. *hint*anime-related*hint*

Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Awod wrote:I call her the Lord of Nightmares[just say nightmare to save time], a carrot goes to whomever can guess why. *hint*anime-related*hint*

Slayers!
Grain

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion