MM got worse

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: MM got worse

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Ekin wrote:
arfort wrote:Seriously, you might as well just play beginning 4 star for 10 grans. Never takes more than a minute or two for me to get it. At 30 minutes it must start to feel like work and 10 cents per hour doesn't seem like a good wage to me.

QFT.

Is it really worth it to spend hours getting something that is worth like 30 cents?
That depends on if you win enough to rank in the top 30 or not since time spent playing would equate out to more gran earned per day. It can be compared since every win is 2 gran and a game can be played in less than 15 minutes, so the difference per day would be roughly 1 gran less or potentially more depending on sucess in the same timeframe.

I can't reall go along with the concept of equating it directly to wages, since there is no trading within the game and the only people that are being "paid" to play it would be the GMs.
Phades

Postby slashzero » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 pm

The thing is you could be spending the couple hours or whatever a week you spend on MM doing something else, perhaps chores for parents or some other menial job that would, nonetheless, pay more than MM, which you could then use to buy gran. And save time/make more money. So yeah, MM is a job doesn't work too well, but you can relate working a job to playing MM.
slashzero

Postby angelatheist » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:16 pm

In every free game I have ever played, for about an hours time worth of game money you could spend about $1 of real money for the same amount of game money. Its never going to be better than an actual job.
angelatheist

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:42 pm

slashzero wrote:The thing is you could be spending the couple hours or whatever a week you spend on MM doing something else, perhaps chores for parents or some other menial job that would, nonetheless, pay more than MM, which you could then use to buy gran. And save time/make more money. So yeah, MM is a job doesn't work too well, but you can relate working a job to playing MM.

Your argument is tantemount to not logging in. If you have time to waste on this game, you will waste it on this game regardless. Days between doing so however are more limited. Personally, i have 4 different games i can be playing when i have time to do so. MM is easily multi-tasked between other actions in some games, so the investment is minimal comparitively speaking.

Of course your alternative would suggest that i get a 2nd job and work the evening or night shift and stop playing altogether. It really doesn't make much sense when you actually apply it elsewhere and only assume that the invidivuals in need of gran are teenagers or younger.
Phades

Postby Awod » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:04 am

Grain wrote:
Awod wrote:I call her the Lord of Nightmares[just say nightmare to save time], a carrot goes to whomever can guess why. *hint*anime-related*hint*

Slayers!

/me gives grain a carrot. Yep. that's it. Quite a resemblance though, no?
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

Unless you're running on some really crappy browser and connection, I really don't see how playing MM for 15 gran could take up more than an hour of your time per week. If you want to conserve time, use a strategy to determine how far you'll go in a round before hitting the reset button. I have a pretty good idea whether or not I've gone past my limit time/turn wise and that's when I hit reset.
Romdeau

Postby Tomazas » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:05 am

Can anyone tell how much you should win on each level to get gran?
Tomazas

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:09 am

woshiro wrote:But after the expansion whole MM got worse. Those tons of new cards made it impossible to win intermediate PRO level. ( I gave up after two hours ) Its because some new cards look very similar as some old ones ( take a look at [card=274]Enchanter[/card] and [card=84]Swan Cavalier[/card] or [card=270]Wizard Archer of Regus[/card] and [card=10]Rapidshot Magic Archer[/card] and many many more ). Also when there are two times more cards my mind get too confused with previous games settings and I make more mistakes.

That only means they should change some pictures and make cards look more personalized and unique in their own way. :/
I have mostly problems with falkow cards. -.-
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby kitsunekit » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Just be fortunate the "EX" cards (the ones with the same art but different effects) aren't in there along with the base set cards...
kitsunekit

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 pm

kitsunekit wrote:Just be fortunate the "EX" cards (the ones with the same art but different effects) aren't in there along with the base set cards...

Come on-saying the angels all have the same art is ridiculous. They're distinguishable, and I believe they are included in MM now.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion