MM got worse

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: MM got worse

Postby slashzero » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:31 pm

I think "EX" there refers to cards that have "EX:" in their names, not the EX rarity cards.
slashzero

Postby kitsunekit » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:50 am

I did mean the EX:NAME cards...
kitsunekit

Postby Dracula » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 am

Mirage Master is lame. It's impossible. I don't know how your supposed to get past Jr. Pro in beginner let alone the other levels of difficulty. 4 star is hard enough, your basically allowed 1 guess and 1 mistake. The Jr Pro is dumb, you have to get it all right or you fail. And you have to do it in 25 seconds. And I don't know if it's lag but the first few cards I flip take like 5 seconds to show me what they are. So my 25 seconds is 20 seconds.

It's basically torture, they want you to play it so you get so frustrated that you break down and buy gran. I don't care if they give 10 gran max. I just don't want to see a 64 card grid with 1 min 20 seconds and 32 tries to get 15 gran, that's just mean. It's like telling someone to run the mile in 35 seconds.

I don't think I need to go on about how lame Mirage Master is. But I do want to go on about how hard i'm trying not to swear.
Dracula

Postby angelatheist » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:49 am

If you can remember 3-4 cards at a time you have about a 13.5% chance of winning the 4 star beginner. This means it takes about 7.5 tries on average and if you start over when you know you've lost it will only take 2 or 3 minutes to win. Jr. Pro is of course ridiculous and a waste of time with .000096% chance of winning since it take 10395 games on average to win. 3 star has about 70% odds so you'll usually win on your first try but you may need to remember a few more cards. If you're patient and have a good memory (6-7 cards at a time) you can move up to intermediate 4 star or pro. I've found about a third of the games on 4 star are winnable and maybe a tenth of that on pro. So I can usually get 15 gran in a few minutes. Sometimes though the cards do load too slowly for me to win and sometimes clearing browser history and playing a few games makes it go faster and sometimes it doesn't.
angelatheist

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:57 pm

I think MM needs to be changed a bit. :/
Sometimes you are forced to reflip (sometimes too often) and you lose a turn only because of the stupid order.
i.e. i flip some cards and they are in order:
1) Archer
2) Magic Weapon
3) Spell Card
4) Magic Weapon

So here i need to reflip one more time the 2 magic weapons.

The problem is when i almost finish it, i lack 1 turn! DAMN! 1 stupid turn i lack because of the stupid reflip.
So i need to spend a lot more time (that i could spend for anything else, it also substracts from the time i am able to play in the arena) to get a lucky layout.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby lupos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 pm

The trick is to know how many "errors" you get at each difficulty. If it a perfect game = 10 flips and you get 12, then you know immediately after 2 missed flips to just start over. This saves you a lot of time from finishing games only to be 1 turn short. I know it can be frustrating but this is memory, not really a lot of potential to retool the games mechanics.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby teasel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:49 pm

mmm couldn't you just make it so that it counts error you can make instead of number of pair you can flip? having to remember them as fast as possible already takes quite a bit of concentration so don't you think it's dumb that you also have to count how many mistakes you do when the game could do that instead?
teasel

Postby lupos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:24 pm

It would be nice, but I always thought it was part of the challenge, and kind of an advanced strategy. :P Besides, if you play the same difficulty all the time it's easy to know. Most of the ones that give you any decent payout are only like 2-3 mistakes anyway which is pretty easy to keep track of I think. Admittedly if I had it to do over, I'd probably do it that way, but I can't say as that seems like a worth while expenditure of our time. I'd much sooner fix the "pre-loading" of images issue for people with slow connections.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Galandros » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 pm

The biggest challenge with MM lately isn't going through several tries just to get an ideal set-up to complete a pro level game. I can't even get through two rows of cards because of the severe lag for a card to flip. There have been several days this past week where the game was simply unplayable.
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion