Random fun...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Random fun...

Postby Xovian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Me and ANIMEniac were doing some testing and we found something entertaining.

This gives a whole new meaning to "Over 9000!"

:lol:

Yet they put a limit on my poor little Catherina's ability to add DEF. :cry:
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Re: Random fun...

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Lol thats hilarious and incredibly awesome. I don't really see a problem with it though, if a player wants to spend several turns buffing him to God-like attack/range they deserve to be able to do stupid damage like that. Don't really understand why they limited Catherine, I mean I understand that defense can be more of an unbeatable auto-win stat then attack when it starts getting really high, but yet we have killing machine and now alphonse clearly showing their not opposed to ridiculously unfair defense totals that are alot faster and easier to achieve.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:26 pm

We are amused. :ugeek:
EvilGenius

Postby Xovian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:I mean I understand that defense can be more of an unbeatable auto-win stat then attack when it starts getting really high, but yet we have killing machine and now alphonse clearly showing their not opposed to ridiculously unfair defense totals that are a lot faster and easier to achieve.

In some ways i agree, in some way i dont.
Reason being, that there are a number of counters to both high AT and high Def now.
Both EX and the expansion have their share of stat altering cards.
Some are field units, some are SS and even some open abilities.
So i think limiting one, but not limiting the other on cards is a bit one sided.
Just my 2 gran though.

As to Catherina specifically, I find it very odd out of all the cards available, she is the only one who can not effect herself.
All others whom can not effect themselves specifically state "other then this card" on them. She is the only one who does not.
And considering the limit of DEF:20, it makes me also wonder why she can't effect herself. After all she can buff all of her other attributes (well those she is capable of buffing).

Granted I do admit bias, as she is my favorite card, even after the expansion.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Return to Alteil General Discussion