Er...Alteil Down?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Er...Alteil Down?

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:47 pm

lupos wrote:escatia wears mens armor to help her comand the respect of her subjects i believe. she intentionaly looks manly.

A serious response that holds legitimacy. :o
Romdeau

Postby Marquez » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:29 pm

i don't know about anyone else but the game was slow for me all day. We were getting the remains of hurricane gustav though. Danthetimid you getting hit by hannah? (i refuse to give hurricane names capital letters)
Marquez

Postby Grain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Marquez wrote:i don't know about anyone else but the game was slow for me all day. We were getting the remains of hurricane gustav though. Danthetimid you getting hit by hannah? (i refuse to respect modern English)

Fixed :lol:
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Marquez wrote:i don't know about anyone else but the game was slow for me all day. We were getting the remains of hurricane gustav though. Danthetimid you getting hit by hannah? (i refuse to give hurricane names capital letters)

Was the Phoenix or Arizona area supposed to be getting hit by hannah? I haven't seen any signs of storm. Its actually been really nice outside, infact if my girlfriend didn't have so much work to get done today I probably would have taken her on another hike since she's been wanting to go on another for a while but it had been too hot lately (the downside of living in a desert). Just a week or so ago we did get hit by a serious storm that might have been the after effects of a hurricane I guess, the winds were so fierce they uprooted most of the trees in the city (including the one in our back yard which I spent most of last Saturday trying to put back into the ground, dang that thing was heavy). The rain was also so loud against the walls and windows I had trouble sleeping that night and usually I find storms soothing.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:47 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:(the downside of living in a desert).

There's an upside?
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 am

Grain wrote:
DanTheTimid wrote:(the downside of living in a desert).

There's an upside?

Theres rarely clouds or rain and almost NEVER snow, pretty much 95% of the year is clear skys. Winters are wonderful. Even when its hot its a dry heat so it actually feels about the same as it does in areas that are 20 degrees lower but more humid. Because it is so hot pretty much every house comes with a pool standard and because its warm all year round any time of the year is good weather for swimming (though once your body adjusts to the hotter temperatures you most likely won't want to go swimming during those freezing 60 degree months of winter).

We also rank among all areas that suffer the least number of major natural disasters (are biggest thing is just dust storms) and because people thought for years living in the desert was stupid, there's still lots of open land to be out in nature (A whole pack of wild rabbits can be constantly seen hopping around the yards of my neighbor hood and we had a pack of coyotes that lived behind our back wall at my old house) as well as most of the buildings and roads that are here are relatively new and fancy having been made so recently.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:04 am

DanTheTimid wrote:Theres rarely clouds or rain and almost NEVER snow, pretty much 95% of the year is clear skys. Winters are wonderful. Even when its hot its a dry heat so it actually feels about the same as it does in areas that are 20 degrees lower but more humid. Because it is so hot pretty much every house comes with a pool standard and because its warm all year round any time of the year is good weather for swimming (though once your body adjusts to the hotter temperatures you most likely won't want to go swimming during those freezing 60 degree months of winter).

We also rank among all areas that suffer the least number of major natural disasters (are biggest thing is just dust storms) and because people thought for years living in the desert was stupid, there's still lots of open land to be out in nature (A whole pack of wild rabbits can be constantly seen hopping around the yards of my neighbor hood and we had a pack of coyotes that lived behind our back wall at my old house) as well as most of the buildings and roads that are here are relatively new and fancy having been made so recently.

Sounds pretty subjective.

Oh well, we don't have too many tornadoes up here in PA.

Coyotes & rabbits are cute, huh? What about snow, do you get much snow?

Is the plantlife pretty too?

Ah, I love subjectivism.
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:13 am

Other then the low number of natural disasters which is pretty hard to argue with as an upside, I'll grant you the rest are subjective, but thats what they told me when they told me we were moving here when I was a little kid. I grew up in Cleveland Ohio where fall was when you bundled up, not turned the AC up another notch, and winter involved shoveling the snow out of your parents drive way every morning then making an igloo fort to relax in in the back yard or going to the biggest hill within walking distance to go sledding. I think every area has its upsides and downsides and its a big matter of preference which areas upsides are truly upsides, and which upsides are worth an areas downsides. I don't mind living in the desert but I wouldn't mind moving back north to some where cooler again either, both areas are full of upsides to me.
DanTheTimid

Postby Marquez » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:42 am

Dont be an **** Grain.

Dan i envy you for your ability to live in out there. I was in Vegas this summer and it was a wall of heat every time you opened the door.
Marquez

Postby Brazex » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:05 am

The card list is also down, if that helps anyone. :geek:
Brazex

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion