Err... Why quit?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Err... Why quit?

Postby Linnear » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:33 am

Ok, probably besides an imminent defeat, why do people quit? I had a Refess player flaming me for half the match (I play as Gowen) and complaining to me that Gowen was overrated and overpowered. I told him I have a second account on Refess and he starts blasting me on having multiple accounts. I didn't get what his problem was but I noticed he was tossing his cards at me in an almost blatant attempt to overrun me. I killed them and started killing his LP. A little bit later, whadda you know? He had a LeBeau as a SS (third one). Goodbye, no unit buffs for you. Then he reveals Guardian Sphinx. I guess his random chucking at me did something - increasing his graveyard. So he brings it out... but I have Berserker out and action skill him. Well, G.Sphinx is gone. I hit his LP again. Another Lebeau but he's got no units. Uhm... then he quit.
Even if your strat is obliterated, I say stick it out, fight fight fight! I've lost all my matches without quitting. Probably half of my wins are quits though. I don't mind quits because I win... duh. But I hate people who quit just because you take the lead. Anyone else agree?

;a40 ;a41
Linnear

Re: Err... Why quit?

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:39 am

If its clear the game has been decided I don't see any problem with people quitting, but I do usually ask my opponent if they are ok with me quitting should I feel the need to quit myself. In general I prefer to play it out, but every now and again when luck has been really brutal to me or I'm just having a bad day there comes a point where I just don't feel like enduring another losing battle to its finish and thus I'll ask if the opponent is ok with me quitting. Usually their ok with it but I have had few people who wanted to play to completion and I honored their request.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Linnear » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:44 am

I can understand asking someone, but for those who just... leave. I mean, its a victory and I win exp, but it doesn't truly feel like a good thing.
Linnear

Postby Cheezy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:10 am

I don't care if they quit, but they should at least type "gg". How hard is that? :|
Too often are there people who don't type gg at the end of a match, that usually just happens with low levels though.
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
Cheezy

Postby lunchboxx10 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:52 am

yea i usually dont quit either. but i think its bad when people do. it lets you get on with another game faster
lunchboxx10

Postby Xovian » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:49 am

Call me weird, but im not one for wasting my time or other peoples time either.

It's one thing if there is still a marginal chance to win, it's another when you look at your own file and know that it is impossible to overcome the odds you are facing. And typing GG is a useless gesture in my opinion, in fact I know a number of people who type it solely to be sarcastic.
So no, i dont type "gg" after a win or a loss.

To each their own.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:40 am

I quit the game when real life calls me for some reason.

I may be gone for several minutes, and I don't like waiting, so, I wouldn't make my opponent wait.
Grain

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 am

xovian1 wrote:Call me weird, but im not one for wasting my time or other peoples time either.

It's one thing if there is still a marginal chance to win, it's another when you look at your own file and know that it is impossible to overcome the odds you are facing. And typing GG is a useless gesture in my opinion, in fact I know a number of people who type it solely to be sarcastic.
So no, i dont type "gg" after a win or a loss.

To each their own.

Agreed except I try to always type GG. Just to show that win or loss ^_^ it was well played. I will always point out a mistake on either part though and will normally type out the pivotal point in the game when I lost. Like an assassin :P
Forsakensoul

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 am

I'm rude. I'll quit when I want to. Thank you. ;a41

Just accept the win and move on.

I swear... nothing pleases some people...

:lol: :mrgreen: :roll: And lol at the Gowen player with the Refess Alt. Gee, I wonder which you play more. :roll:
EvilGenius

Postby Wisp » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 am

I find that games where my opponent just quits feel a bit like an empty victory. Sure it's a win, but most of the time I haven't even begun to play yet, so I don't necessarily feel like it is deservied. Now, if we've been playing for awhile and it's obvious I'm winning, I understand someone giving up. But most of the time it happens I feel like my opponent wasn't even trying...

And I'm a Refress who plays Gowen more! D:

Well, I'm not giving up on Refress, just haven't found my happy deck in that sphere yet. > >
Wisp

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion