Tagadagada....

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Tagadagada....

Postby neonsun » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:04 am

OK
So this is not a rant ,even thou it could easily turn in one.
With the arrival of the expansion set , many ideas emerge , to put these ideas into play , 1 needs space to try those strategies.
After waiting 1/2 hour in the training arena (not finding anyone to train against) i had to move to folrart. Now trying new strategies like that is painful (most people know what i m talking about) , also it causes u to gain less gran (if this 2xwin-loss = weekly gran thing still works).

Then how about this , since FM has limited use , mainly to make us look good, why not higher trainers: when setting up a training duel we could ask the developpers to add a way to give FM to the player who answers the duel. (like sparring partners in boxing basically)

PS: sometimes a skillfull opponent is not needed for sparring, especially when your just fixing the timing on ur deck
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: Tagadagada....

Postby Grain » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:59 am

I agree that the training arena is too empty.

Did you really wait 30 minutes? That sounds kind of silly.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 am

Consider what times of the day you guys are playing-if it's the same time you posted (6 a.m. EST), then DUH. Not very many people are going to be on at that time, and might I suggest that you try joining the chat rooms for once? I've been there almost every day for quite some time and I only see the regular 10 or so people that decide to join us for chat. If you want someone to help you test, there's bound to be someone in that room that would gladly help you out. Sometimes we're playing in Folart and you can't reach us in that arena.

P.S. Nice thread title.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:30 am

I agree with Rom, your best bet for getting training matches is the chat rooms, I tend to help people out who ask whenever I visit the chat room and I've had people help me test out some crazy refess decks as well. Members of my guild Wise but Distracted are extremely commonly found in the chat room and from what I've seen most of our members are very willing to help others out, especially if it gives them a chance to try out one of their own toy decks as well.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby jasta85 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:13 pm

i have the same problem, usually the training area is filled mostly with people below level 10, and they never want to play me, they dont seem to understand that they wont be losing any RP or even break their win streak by losing. whenever i ask people to help me try out a new deck i usually get "you're way too high level, i dont want to play you."

so i have been trying out my experimental decks in folrat, unfortunately today i seem to be matching up against all the top ranking players like ashfort, and i get stomped so quickly i cant tell if my deck is a good one or not. a person's RP doesnt seem to decide who they match against as i am currently in the low 1400s and ive been matched up against two people in the 1700s today.
jasta85

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Before, I would never had thought of going to training room to test b/c of the rarity of finding someone. But now, I just go to chat and if a find a room (usually the same group of guys) I join and we have good chats about cards and decks. And if i need to test, I just ask and we meet up in training. I'm sure most of them will be willing to help with decks and give advise.
ANIMEniac

Return to Alteil General Discussion