really wacky events in matches

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

really wacky events in matches

Postby jasta85 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:14 am

ok, so i've been working on my lawatia deck and after stalking the training arena i finally found a combination i liked. but during my practice games, as well as some games in folrat i have come across some really funny situations. i'll keep people's names out so as to not give away their strategies

situation 1: the refuss coatl (http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=192) has a counterattack move that does its AT (35) to a random enemy in range and gives them -1 AGI and +10 def, this goes off whenver it is hit. in my lawatia deck i always start with a lycanthrope leonardo and pretty much expect it to die in the 2nd or 3rd turn so i can get my sp back and knock out a soul power. however, in this particular game my leonardo somehow survived all the way until the very last turn on which i lost, not only that but he got hit by the coatl's ability at least 4 times, however he always got hit at night time so he would never die, so after being hit 4 times he had -1 AGI and 40 def, it was hilarious, after that the coatl's hits on him only helped him as he was already going last and the coatl's 35 AT couldnt get past his 40 def, so i had a super slow, super defensive leonardo that managed to survive all they way till i died. very funny how game mechanics work.

situation 2: i'll keep it short and simple, burning sun (http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=193) and spore cloud are the most evil combination in the world. i just faced a deck that was based around this tactic and even though i just BARELY manged to pull off a win against it i lost probably 2/3 of my creature cards within 3 turns of this repeated combo. probably the most unique deck i have ever faced and a very fun match, wouldnt have been mad even if i had lost.

i've got a couple more funny situations but i'll save them for later, if anyone has any funny stories about their matches feel free to post them here.
jasta85

Re: really wacky events in matches

Postby Forsakensoul » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 pm

In a training match the other day I was playing coatl against a coatl. Basically we found out that When a coatl attacks and hits a coatl it will counter attack that coatl which will counterattack again.

I then became curious and want to see what happens... if 2 coatl with 35+ def fight eachaother. Would it start an endless loop? or does the coatl actually have to recieve dmg?

I haven't really read to card to find out... just thought about it.
Forsakensoul

Postby lupos » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Just tested. With coatl because its DF goes up every round they eventually become to well defended to take damage form each other and then it wont counter attack if it isn't hurt. If it didn't have the DF boost each turn it would eventually run out of HP. Either way no infinite loops, just a potentially long one :P
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Phades » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:26 pm

If both cotl were buffed to 85 hp, the potential for a infinite loop would exist, as would if they both had existing defense of 10. Fortunately, according to lupos counter effects only occur on actual damage recieved.
Phades

Postby kitsunekit » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Tooting my own horn here a bit. High Priest / Abel + 2 x Pasaran Kasaran + Shield Knight (20 Def) (Only Row 1 Creature) + Verlaat + Refess Angel (this was pre-set 2). Infinate "Shield of the Heavens" and positive SP generation. About Turn 15 I got around 30 SP. Eventually I played Phoenix (in such a way that even if my other creatures died, my LP would still be at 1 with the phoenix). Then phoenix got hit by Le Beau.

End result? Around 20 SP, a phoenix with 50 ATK, 80 DEF.

Then my opponent played Zombie Master.

It ended up in a draw.
kitsunekit

Postby Grain » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm

I person used two [card=234]Steel Bladesman / Bazgar[/card] soul skills to give Elite Crest Knight 130 HP.
Last edited by Grain on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby friedtofu » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:01 am

Ok. Maybe my math can be messed up at times but the previous statement seems off.

Two Steel Bladesman / Bazgar soul skills +40 x 2 to give Elite Crest Knight (50 HP) would not not be 180 HP, but 130 HP ...
friedtofu

Return to Alteil General Discussion