what happened to vordore?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

what happened to vordore?

Postby teasel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 pm

more now than ever we need high AT boost so i'm surprised this guy seems to have vanished from earth face... seriously what happened to him?
teasel

Re: what happened to vordore?

Postby Xovian » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:44 pm

*Hears a Dragon Emperor burp*

No idea, honest.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby slashzero » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Can't keep units alive long enough to bring him out anymore. That and Falkow has more 4+ agi units that usually go before Vordore.

Burning Sun, Fairy Dance, Spores, Rankup, Fenrir, Fire Dragon, Earth Dragon, Coatl, Dalos, Fire Emperor, Water Emperor, the list goes on.
slashzero

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:18 pm

It's true, I've taken Vordore out even though I agree that I badly need his attack boost sometimes-the problem is that the rest of the team is dead or dying by the time I get him out. It doesn't help if I boost one unit by 30 atk (60 atk now) to hit that Dragon once then proceed to be owned. The only counter I've discovered is having my little army of lvl 3's almost always go before the other side-with win sorc and the other AGI 3 units, this is highly possible. Of course this is nowhere near foolproof and it oftens get wrecked anyhow because it requires 4 units out that deal potentially 120 damage to a single unit (2 of them non-targeting), and the sea hunter usually goes last (AGI 2 with boost).

The days of Falkow's domination with Vordore appear to be waning in the twilight. It is now the era of getting big guns, fast. As falkow, with these kinds of decks its a race as to who can set up the fastest. Usually I lose because I require multiple lvl 3 units and I don't skip turns/use SP boosting grims off the bat.
Romdeau

Postby friedtofu » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey. I still use the guy granted its because I don't have many options not to.

I run Witch and Undine in my deck so the boost they gain from Vordore is guarenteed and they will attack sometimes with 60 Attack.. (which is quite funny). I was in a fight against Gowen today and Undine is awesome. They had a lvl 7 Earth Dragon out, I pull out Undine, make its AGI to -1 so all my units outspeed it. I then proceeded to kill the Earth Dragon via Vordore's attack boost. Then I killed it without Vordore's attack boost simply because I had enough units to do a Total damage of 100 - Haste (20) Vordore (20) Sylph (10) Undine (10) Witch (10) Sea Hunter (30).

These higher Lvl monsters are really annoying and I don't know if I could have won without the aid of Vordore's Attack Boosting ability. (Though counterattacks would really **** me over but my deck lacks against Lawtia anyhow.)
friedtofu

Return to Alteil General Discussion