UO Tournament: The Battle for Avalon

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: UO Tournament: The Battle for Avalon

Postby LegendsEnd » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 am

Oh I had assumed the tournament format was gonna be along the lines of setting up a match with someone on the forum and then playing it in the training arena. So the initial plan was for people to randomly encounter each other in folrart?
LegendsEnd

Postby kitsunekit » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:08 am

EDIT:
The battle has started! Go to the week 1 page for more information and do not reply to this thread please; I won't be checking it ^_~

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

*Nods* You can play in Crest, Folrat or the training arena. Or set things up in the event thread or even chat when other participants are logged in. You just tell your opponent in chat prior to the first move that this is a tournament match. There is a chance people will just go "no I'm not in", "I quit the tournament, trust me" or even "I don't want this to count as a tournament match" just to be mean (you don't lose ANYTHING from losing, so this shouldn't be an issue). But really, the first week or two (while counting) are sort of "test weeks" to ensure this experimental format works. ^_~

The best part is the fact the tournament can then be advertised semi-"Viral". If you meet someone and ask them if they are in the tournament and they go "huh?", you can direct them to that week's event thread and ask them to sign up before you play and THEN fight them (or get a new ally if they are of a different sphere).

BTW, if anyone was holding back, there are also an equal number of players in each sphere as of this post...So feel free to join anyone ^_^

;a38
Guncaster
Romdeau
FriedTofu

;a39
Candi
ANIMEniac
Kyokaze
Xovian (Training Room Only)

;a40
LegendsEnd (Name: Median)
Porky\
JudeBlack

;a41
Justice
Dearest Night
Maniac Soul (Training Room Only)
kitsunekit

Postby chiyeung » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm

IF i want to sign up now. Is it possible?
chiyeung

Postby kitsunekit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:33 am

Can a mod please lock this thread? This thread serves no purpose aside from archiving. Please note that you can still sign up so long as there are enough Iczers in each sphere (right now we need more falkow). But please go to the current event thread, located here:

kitsunekit

Postby DWildstar » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 am

kitsunekit wrote:Can a mod please lock this thread? This thread serves no purpose aside from archiving. Please note that you can still sign up so long as there are enough Iczers in each sphere (right now we need more falkow). But please go to the current event thread, located here:

DWildstar

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion