Are "parnters" any good

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Are "parnters" any good

Postby Neon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm

I want to buy one but I don't want to was my FM so tell me what you can :]

;a30 It would also be good if a admins would talk to sence thay work on the game.
Neon

Re: Are "parnters" any good

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:14 pm

I've never had one but everyone who has had one told me they were really disappointing with them (which is why I never got one). From what I've heard from GMs and people who have them, what they do is they talk to you like before and during matches, and over the course of the match they'll say little obvious things like suggesting you revive your closed units or consoling you when you lose LP. Some people have compared partners to that annoying little paper clip in microsoft office that no one seems to like. They don't provide any actual tactical advantage, they basically just tell you what you already know and maybe amuse you with the things they say (though most people I talked to who had them were not amused, just annoyed). Which partner you get may effect things as well since most people I talked to bought the cheap ones.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby lupos » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm

We talk all the time in the forum, check my post count.

That said, partners are superfluous. They say things, some useful, some just for entertainment. I like Magic Doll, she calls me master. Though, if you are eye balling an avatar item, id put my fm there first.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby GunCastor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:48 pm

I never knew Magic Doll had such a sharp tongue until I played against someone with her as a partner. Good thing I only get to see what she said before the battle actually started. I beat his Magic Doll card with an extra dose of malice for it though.
GunCastor

Postby Logress » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 am

Some of them have some pretty amusing dialogue. It's a fun thing when the FM starts piling up and you have no immediate plans for it.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Alteil General Discussion