Luck Potion Reward Luck: Your Results

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Luck Potion Reward Luck: Your Results

Postby Mirth » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:46 pm

If you received (and used) a Luck Potion (+20% treasure card chance for 10 battles) for the "Alchemy in the Arena" special event,

What were the treasure card results of your 10 battles?

Anything good showup (whether you won it or not)? ;a17

Over my 10 "luck-enhanced" battles there appeared: One 2-star card and Two 1-star cards.

As a side note, has anyone found potions to be worth the price?

Thanks!

Sincerely, Mirth ;loading
Mirth

Re: Luck Potion Reward Luck: Your Results

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:37 pm

Don't remember what the exact card was but I believe I had a single treasure battle, either 1 star or 2 star in rarity in my 10 games (won it). Was kind of disapointed cause I went 9-1 over the course of those 10 games and faced a couple people with 6+ winning streaks yet didn't get treasure battles for those matches, matches that tend to already have a high treasure battle chance even with out a luck potion.

Overall my experience was definitely that the potions are not worth it and that short of an around 75% off sale I can't see myself ever purchasing them. That said though, I do think they make good prizes to give away in a manner like this (heck making this "play atleast 10 games, get a luck potion" thing permanent would probably be a decent incentive to get the once per week players to play a little bit more).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby DWildstar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 am

I actually managed to get at least three treasure battles, a couple of which I won. The cards weren't very rare but I was rather surprised myself that I got so many. One could've been attributed to the other person's winning streak but I'm not sure.
DWildstar

Postby Candi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 am

On both of my accounts I got 3-4 treasure battles against others with no streaks.

All of the cards I won were 1-2 rarity (I won I think 3 of my 6ish total treasure battles). I got a Fairy Dance, Moonlight Warrior and Priestess of the Holy Weapon.
Candi

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 am

Well i didn't use my potions yet. Not with those decks. :P
They should have given free XP pots instead. Those also seem more worthy for their price and would make players play more because of the extra XP!
SadistOkita

Postby Romdeau » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 pm

SadistOkita wrote:Well i didn't use my potions yet. Not with those decks. :P
They should have given free XP pots instead. Those also seem more worthy for their price and would make players play more because of the extra XP!

I really don't see the purpose of these potions. Past level twenty, it's probably the most worthless potion of them all-yay it helps you get to your one free card faster at level 30!
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm not sure when they added experience potions in Japan. I do know that after a certain point you get guaranteed rarity 5's for your level ups, so it might be worth it then. Of course, there are Japanese guys at like 200 or 300.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Romdeau wrote:I really don't see the purpose of these potions. Past level twenty, it's probably the most worthless potion of them all-yay it helps you get to your one free card faster at level 30!

still better than the luck potion
the luck potion gets you treasure battles, which means that if you are unlucky you help your oponents and you gain nothing
so that must be the worst potion ever ...
at least the FM potion helps you get a more fancy avatar
SadistOkita

Postby GunCastor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:36 pm

I actually got a lot of treasure battles right before the first set of Luck Potions were passed out, I got like 6 or so cards including my first Salamander. <3 I used up first Luck Potion, netting like 3 Treasure Battles but I don't remember winning them or not. I do remember that I didn't particularly like any of the cards that came up though.
GunCastor

Return to Alteil General Discussion