what to do past lvl 20

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

what to do past lvl 20

Postby neonsun » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 am

Is it just me or the game is very slow past lvl 20 ???
i need to wait 10 lvls for my next card and its 200 xp a level. In most if not all online games things are "nicer" at high level, 'drops' should be better and exp too. So how come this is the only game i ve seen where rewards are even moe scarce past level 20 ?

It is said that the rarity of the cards get better the more you level up ..... at level 15 i was made to choose between four different 2 star cards ...and guess what ,it was the same for level 20. Has anyone really gotten lucky with this "card award " system, i have heard so many storie like mine??
i hope this broken part of the game gets fixed soon.

Quick reminder to people, the number of Ixzers in folrart has fallen again , not exactly the best indicator that this game is perfomring well. There is a beautiful thread with many great ideas on the general forum, its about time someone high up starts reading it :(
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: what to do past lvl 20

Postby EvilGenius » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:05 am

I'm sorry you feel that way neosun. In other games, the higher your level, the more it takes to advance, so it's the same here as well. And the GMs do read the forums, so they are looking at our ideas. But they have bosses too, so maybe they can't use all our ideas.
EvilGenius

Postby neonsun » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 am

the higher you get the harder it get to advance <--very very true but you also have the drops to accompagny the difficulty.
Dont misunderstand me , i love this game , that is why i dont want it to die out. As a player i can only object and give my opinion.

At the end of the day , the popularity of the game is based on the number of players playing it. With the current format of things i am unable to see the "bright light " at the end of the tunnel. i also might lack vision.

I understand that the gms are trying their best and i commend them for that. i hope that the people higher up will listen to their gms and player base before its too late.

Also for infromation sake , what is the graduation percentage from crest ?? (i.e: out of a 100 new players, how many continue past crest) and how many reach lvl 15
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 am

Well everyone who is persistent can get level 20, even with a starter deck.
I mean i got with one account at level 20 and even defeated a level 45 and a level 46 with a mere starter deck while they had dalos and crap like that. I just gave up when the game gave me only gowens to play against.
When i try to play again on that account (that's usualy when i have time to play) i just can't find oponents in florart. And i don't mean strong or weak ones, i mean there is nobody to play against. :(
SadistOkita

Postby Logress » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:11 am

Actually we are researching this right now, harvesting as much data as we can. (The Japanese don't let you do anything without piles of evidence to back it up). We actually were in the middle of this a month ago when we were worried about the abundance of people in Crest and lack of people in Folrart, when the problem kind of fixed itself and evened out. Overall our number of users per day has been strong until the last few weeks, when a lot of big games came out and school started all at once, combined with the fact we didn't have time to set up new advertising before our old advertising ran out. We're now starting a new round of advertising and hope that helps make up for it a bit.

For those who are interested, most people who quit, do so before level 5. These are probably those who never really "got" the game, or who picked a starter that didn't suit their play style, or something. Indicates we probably need more for new players. As you might guess, there is also a bump of quitters at level 10, although not as high as I was expecting, and very few people quit "between free cards" at high levels. Also, in general almost no one quits past level 13 or so.
We can see that the bump to Folrart frustrates some people, although that's not exactly news. What's interesting is that starting off frustrates a ton more people then level 10, it's just that they don't complain about it because they're not yet part of the forum community.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:55 am

Logress wrote:We can see that the bump to Folrart frustrates some people, although that's not exactly news. What's interesting is that starting off frustrates a ton more people then level 10, it's just that they don't complain about it because they're not yet part of the forum community.
In other communities they dub this as the "silent majority", while the "vocal minority" attempt to help "fix" the game in the manner they see best. Squeaky wheels get the greas usually as it were, but that is not always the case in online gaming, since the parent companies of the developers tend to try and pay more attention to the habits of those who say nothing or follow the status quo. I can list off 2 companies and instances where the vocal minority actually got the changes they were asking for, but by the time they came it was roughly a year too late and many of them had already quit. The delay i would equate out to "finishing the original vision" for the game involved and addressing initial "issues" was put last in the things to do list. Obviously you can't please everyone all the time, but it is impossible to please someone who stops caring about it as well.
Phades

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 pm

theres also the fact of the very big gap between card levels between the two arenas, it was fine fighting people my skill level in the lower arena, now in folrat, im going against people with 400/33 w/l records and i do not have the cards to fight them. maybe i get lucky once in awhile when they **** up, but thats not very often and im just destroyed by their soul cards. how i havent gotten my hands on these cards, i dunno, everyone else seems to have them except me
evaunit01

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:47 pm

evaunit01 wrote:theres also the fact of the very big gap between card levels between the two arenas, it was fine fighting people my skill level in the lower arena, now in folrat, im going against people with 400/33 w/l records and i do not have the cards to fight them. maybe i get lucky once in awhile when they **** up, but thats not very often and im just destroyed by their soul cards. how i havent gotten my hands on these cards, i dunno, everyone else seems to have them except me

You have to try to use each one of your cards at its maximum potential. Try to belive in the hearth of the cards, i won't promise you that you'll be as good as they are with their cards, but atleast you will be pissed when you lose with 1 LP and not with 5 or more. :D
SadistOkita

Postby LegendsEnd » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:52 am

I don't know if losing with 1LP left is any better than winning with 5-6 LP left. I'm sure some people build strategies around sacrificing a card to trigger their soul cards in a certain order at a certain time. I usually found that getting that last one LP was the hardest part because it seems most people don't really start caring until they only have one left and just let you smash open the soul cards.
LegendsEnd

Return to Alteil General Discussion