Anyone good with Spanish?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Anyone good with Spanish?

Postby Logress » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 am

Calling all bilingual Iczers...
It's come to my attention that a lot of our level 1 players speak Spanish. My guess is that a lot of guys who know some English are thinking "Hey, I know some English, I can play this game!" and then they make an account and immediately find it's too complicated to play without a really good grasp of English. I think it would be really helpful if one of our bilingual Iczers could write a simple introduction to the game for Spanish speakers. Answer all the basic questions, how to make a character, where to go to practice, how to get Gran, and also explain the more unique rules of Alteil, RNG, Revival and Soul Cards. Maybe list good moves for turns 1-4 for each starter, that kind of thing.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Anyone good with Spanish?

Postby lupos » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:24 am

Would there possibly be a good way of making a Spanish version of the wiki? Not the entire thing but just have links to Eng/Spn for key items. Be a good way for those of you who can do it and do it in your free time to contribute and keep things cohesive.

As usual, any and all thoughts/recommendations are appreciated.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby teasel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:33 am

i could do it in italian if someone cares
teasel

Postby Logress » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:47 am

I don't know, most Italian gamers I know (and I used to/sometimes still work for an Italian company in Ancona) have really good english.
Logress

Postby lupos » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:52 am

If you care to put in the time we certainly wouldn't mind and would appreciate it. Spanish is much more prevalent but we do have players from all over so the more the merrier I suppose.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Candi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Ill look into tonight how to set up pages for multiple language support - of course we will need a someone to do the translation, but I can get the ground work laid out, I know the wiki supports it in one way or another.
Candi

Postby KratosAurion » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:55 pm

I speak spanish so i can help.
KratosAurion

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:36 pm

I don't know about having an alternate language for the whole Wiki, but if you could write a short intro to Alteil, how to get Gran, the basics of playing (a short answer to the most asked questions, RNG, Revival, Soul Cards) it would really help. I think a lot of players with Spanish as a first language and English as a second are getting overwhelmed and frustrated right out of the gate. Something in Spanish will at least make them feel a bit more welcome (then they don't have to feel overwhelmed and frustrated until level 10). I'd be happy to toss some Gran your way if you have the time.
Logress

Postby KratosAurion » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm

logress wrote:I don't know about having an alternate language for the whole Wiki, but if you could write a short intro to Alteil, how to get Gran, the basics of playing (a short answer to the most asked questions, RNG, Revival, Soul Cards) it would really help. I think a lot of players with Spanish as a first language and English as a second are getting overwhelmed and frustrated right out of the gate. Something in Spanish will at least make them feel a bit more welcome (then they don't have to feel overwhelmed and frustrated until level 10). I'd be happy to toss some Gran your way if you have the time.

Sure, I'd love to help. If you could send me the list of questions you'd like me to answer in Spanish, or a link to the Wiki or something I'd be great. I could do it this week.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've been checking the links in the main page and found the Wiki and the FAQ. Still I'd like some specifications about what to translate.
Last edited by KratosAurion on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KratosAurion

Postby lupos » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Alteil.com Wiki
You can also find it on the main menu on the front page under "Game Info".
If you feel up to editing the wiki directly and adding to it just email or pm me about setting up an account.

Thanks! :)
lupos
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion