What happened to Folrat?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

What happened to Folrat?

Postby Porky » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Since the end of the Dragon Squire tournament there seems to be very few people in Folrat?
Anyone know the cause of this? More importantly if this will continue?
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Re: What happened to Folrat?

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 pm

I noticed it too, don't know why, hopefully the treasure battle event will encourage people to return.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:08 am

Not sure, this has happened a few times before and both times we focused on bringing people from Crest to Folrart. All that did was get a bunch of guys getting to Folrart too early. Now, we're concentrating on new tools and 1 on 1 teaching of level 1's, getting them into Crest after they know what they're doing, and hopefully Crest will take care of itself and soon Folrart will be full again.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby neonsun » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:21 am

solution is easy --> STOP doing stupid tourneys !!!!!
now that i was able to screamand "express myself" ,lets talk seriously:

Last time we had a star tournament folrart got empty ! and alteil had to use every resource they had to get players back
yet no one learned from the 1st mistake.
I know its nice to be able to experiment with all the cards and all getting drunk with power and all. People seem to forget the hang over the next day when u go back t your normal deck.
Except for the 4 or 5 people who have all the cards , the rest of players get depressed from their decks.

--> last time set 2 came in to re-encourage people to play , what is going to be the answer this time ?
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby neonsun » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 am

i have a great idea for u LOL :
make a half price gran day !!!
okay maybe 25% off sale on gran ? :P plz plz ??
neonsun

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Actually, the first free-card tournament resulted in pretty good numbers afterwords. Folrart was empty for a few days, but anyone could just play in the tournament for free. People who hadn't played in a while came back to try the 5-star rares, and then stuck around. It was the two pay tournaments that killed us. Emptied Folrart both times, which frustrated people who didn't want to pay for a tournament, numbers were bad afterwords. No more pay tournaments until we have a LOT more people on consistently.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby neonsun » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 pm

mmm i dont have the same recollection .....
i remember after the free tournament i took me forever to get a duel in folrart.
i dont remember the payed tournaments affecting my game numbers since most people i faced found it too expensive.Yet u must have more numbers than me :P

-->but i still say a 25% gran day or week will get back a lot of players trust me :P
neonsun

Postby Porky » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:45 pm

I can see the paid tourny destroying numbers while it was on but after the tourny things were back to normal or so i recall. If another sealed tournament is scheduled please give us more cards than 150.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Mirth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 am

Logress wrote:It was the two pay tournaments that killed us. Emptied Folrart both times, which frustrated people who didn't want to pay for a tournament, numbers were bad afterwords.

I had a different experience during the 2nd pay tournament.

I had a difficult time finding tournament opponents (for reasons stated in the WW tournament thread http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic ) but could always leap into Folrart for a quick battle or two.

Sincerely, Mirth ;loading
Mirth

Postby slashzero » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Midterms. Essays.
slashzero

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion