Can the expiration for Ex pack be more West Coast friendly?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Can the expiration for Ex pack be more West Coast friendly?

Postby CronosDawn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 am

So, with recent passing of the EX packs, something accrued to me...it is still 9pm here on the West Coast O.o I was hoping to get to buy some more packs before midnight because there were some cards I had not gotten. I thought the cards were going to expire on the 8TH, and as I can tell, it was still very much the 7th were I live. So, when trying to think about it, I came up with the following logic in my mind (no matter how odd it may be):

Sure, Alteil's team is based in NYC, and it is already midnight there. So removing the cards seems like the logical thing to do. But why can't they extend it to expire at 3am so it give all people a change to buy until the 7th is completely gone? Sure, it gives the East Coast people 3 extra hours to buy the cards, but so what! This way not only gives the people on the West Coast a chance to buy cards until the day is over, but it would increase the amount sold, and Altiel would do that much better.

So, now that I have done my little bit of ranting...what do you guys, think? Should Alteil extend this the next time something is about to expire?
CronosDawn

Re: Can the expiration for Ex pack be more West Coast friendly?

Postby Romdeau » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:59 am

No, the internet connects people to this site around the globe-we have Iczers from Europe and Australia playing; should we adjust to their time zones too? It doesn't make sense. Set one time and be aware of what time that is for you.
Romdeau

Postby CronosDawn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:33 am

Romdeau wrote:No, the internet connects people to this site around the globe-we have Iczers from Europe and Australia playing; should we adjust to their time zones too? It doesn't make sense. Set one time and be aware of what time that is for you.

Well if they were behind us, then yes, I would say adjust it. From what I can tell, Hawaii is the last place in the day. So, we should adjust for their time.
CronosDawn

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:58 am

Why is this an issue? Most people get paid on Fridays, and the Ex cards have been for sale for 2 months... :?
EvilGenius

Postby Porky » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:36 am

The question is... why would you leave it to the last few hours to buy the expansion? The expansion's been out for like a month or 2...
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby lupos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 am

Ideally we would have a system that adjusts to the time it is where the person is, however, then it becomes reliant on the end users pc to provide a date time and thats to easily manipulated. Not to mention we are only licensed for the US technically, so support non-United States time zones would probably not be appreciated.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Then you have hawaii which is even further behind you calafornians... so do we adjust the time for them as well? Games are like that. Wherever the game originates at is when things are over for that game. I play WoW too... I hate that the best guilds are all west coast and their raid times are 6-10pm so... do I tell them that they have to adjust their time for my benefit? No, If i want to continue playing with them I have to adjust to their times even if it is from 9pm until 1am. When I was in iceland I had to wake up at 3am to raid.. it was my choice.

I agree with others though, the packs have been out for several months. If you wait for some things then you have the chance on losing out.
Forsakensoul

Postby TokoTamer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:36 pm

I agree with others though, the packs have been out for several months. If you wait for some things then you have the chance on losing out.

Yes, but there are plenty of people out there who probably had to wait until the last minute for one reason or another because they could not afford it financially at any point before.

I'm kind of in that boat, I live in California and got home later around 9 PM last night and had planned to buy 6 or 7 EX packs for myself but was unable to. I had other obligations preventing me from purchasing them any earlier.

I think for the future, it'd be ideal if any expirations on limited time items come to be when all of the United States leaves the current day, so midnight in Hawaii (since the Alteil is licensed for the US in particular). This would also bring more sales as CronosDawn originally suggested, because the procrastinators and those with other situations have plenty of time on the last day to make their purchases.
TokoTamer

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Perhaps it would but in the same sense the players that made sure they had their packs before the deadline would feel quite well.. jipped. I made sure I had 3 of each pack so I would have 3 of each card in case I needed for future use. Seriously $10 a week for 2 months and you would have more then enough to buy all of them. Im not rich or anything but I was able to put aside the minor amount that was needed for the cards.

You and others will just have to wait and will most likely have a more difficult time getting all of them.
Forsakensoul

Return to Alteil General Discussion