If avatars affected gameplay...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

If avatars affected gameplay...

Postby Azul » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Came to mind 'cause of a conversation in the chat. So this is not in seriousness at all, since balancing cards would be weird enough without avatar-based gameplay quirks, but I was interested in what it'd be like if avatar parts had in-game effects.

Like so.

Background/ Dawn in Folrart : First turn: Sets battle time to night. (ie. second turn would become morning)
Background/ Wastelands: Both players start with 1 less SP.
Background/ Castle Aldoric: Both Players start with 1 in Refess and Lawtia Sphere Levels.
Equipment/ Acolyte Light Armor: Start with 2 LP
Equipment/ Pirate Gear (M/F): Return 1 card from your Graveyard to your Card File whenever you lose LP.
Equipment/ Magic Sword: Your units get +10 attack if your Falkow Sphere Level is at least 5.

Oh god I have no life
Azul

Re: If avatars affected gameplay...

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Would be unbelievably cool and would make avatar stuff (and FM in general) FAR more desirable and worth working toward. Unfortunately it would also be an unbelievably HUGE pain in the neck to balance and put beginner players at an even larger disadvantage (maybe every avatar item comes with a negative effect to balance out the positive effect to help curb said beginner disadvantage?). There would have to be a special room just for play with "avatar effects active" so those who wanted could still play classic alteil.

So yeah, your right, not very realistic a request to make, but I do believe it would be very cool and would add yet another layer of depth to an already very deep game.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 am

It'd be fun to have a fun room devoted to it.

So, Dan's opinion.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Forsakensoul » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:57 am

There was actually something like this in magic. You got an oversized card and you could opt to play it during your games (not tourney). It would do all kinds of things like Give you a larger starting hand or more life but like Dan said, it always had a negative effect as well. So you might start with a max hand size of 10 but you would start the game with 7 less life.

Everything from the handbag and teddybear to the scenes could have one. Only things I really would stray away from would be anything that kept it night all the time or day all the time. Simply because it would make certain decks almost unbeatable. Small things though like:

You have 5 more LP -- Every turn a card from your graveyard is removed from the game
Your deck can have 3 extra cards -- You start with 1 Less LP
You gain 1 SP extra a turn -- Every odd turn you lose a random card in your deck to the Graveyard

Things like that.
Forsakensoul

Postby ManiacalSoul » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:18 am

Lelouch - Take full control of your opponent's actions for 1 Turn, including use of the give up button. :twisted:
ManiacalSoul

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:09 am

ManiacalSoul wrote:Lelouch - Take full control of your opponent's actions for 1 Turn, including use of the give up button. :twisted:

Thing is, Emergency Obsfucation makes it so that if you give up under that situation, it's you that loses, not your opponent. :>

Oh wait, that's Spoils. Oh well, it'd work the same here.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby ManiacalSoul » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:12 am

Fine then: 'Your opponent must do exactly as you order for 1 turn, including use the give up button. They must also respond to your orders with 'Yes, my Lord!'' 8-)
ManiacalSoul

Postby jasta85 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:31 pm

ManiacalSoul wrote:Fine then: 'Your opponent must do exactly as you order for 1 turn, including use the give up button. They must also respond to your orders with 'Yes, my Lord!'' 8-)

im fine with that so long as i get to stop my opponent's conception of time, in other words the opponent gets no turns until i let them.

cost: must stop your heart while this ability is in effect
jasta85

Postby Ginjiro » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:11 am

Chronomaster wrote:It'd be fun to have a fun room devoted to it.

So, Dan's opinion.

Im all for it why not?
"So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating?"
Ginjiro

Postby Ginjiro » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 am

jasta85 wrote:
ManiacalSoul wrote:Fine then: 'Your opponent must do exactly as you order for 1 turn, including use the give up button. They must also respond to your orders with 'Yes, my Lord!'' 8-)

im fine with that so long as i get to stop my opponent's conception of time, in other words the opponent gets no turns until i let them.

cost: must stop your heart while this ability is in effect

u guys are so wrong =P

;a40
"So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating?"
Ginjiro

Return to Alteil General Discussion