What new Alteil features would you be most interested in?

The Home Of All Official Alteil Related Polls

What new Alteil features would you be most interested in?

Total votes : 0

Re: What new Alteil features would you be most interested in?

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:58 pm

My vote was for avatar layers which I'm happy to see has finally moved into second place, but not cause I was super excited by more avatar layers (more unique avatars would be cool but its not a big deal to me) but because I wasn't a big fan of the other choices. More chat options is fine, but again not a big priority to me, the current chat room works good enough and the majority of my chatting will still be on dedicated instant messenger programs. I don't really care for cell phones or their games, if I want a portable game I bring my DS. Remote Strangulation, I already commented on why I'm against that.

Unfortunately though the choice I was most against is winning, Duel Spectating. Don't get me wrong, I'd enjoy spectating other players duels, but unless I'm getting something in return I really would rather not have my games spectated. The problem is the nature of this game, since decks aren't shuffled its very easy to disect or even steal a players card file and play style through having a fight with it as it is, but atleast your limited to only seeing how they react to facing YOUR specific deck and style. If you can spectate top players, you can easily figure out not only their entire card files, but how they are using their decks against all the other top card files. Aside from hurting unique styles that rely on elements of surprise, this will also result in a TON of copy caters who copy the top players card files and openings. Sure some players are limited by the cards they themselves own, but not all of them are, and not all the top decks require the rarest cards.

Long story short, if I was allowed I'd rather convert my vote to an un-vote for Duel Spectating. I just think it would be bad for this type of game. If it is implemented I really would prefer if a player had to manually check "allow duel spectating" and only if both players had that checked would their game be made available for viewing (with exceptions made for top tournament matches which would be spectable by default since in that case you ARE getting something in return for making your card file and style public knowldge, big tournament prizes).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Romdeau » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm

What you're saying about the duel spectating is what I naturally assumed it would be like, and only available in the training room. Anything besides that and I will have to revoke my vote.
Romdeau

Postby Cheezy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm

I don't mind if we're just able to spectate in the training room.
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
Cheezy

Postby Chronomaster » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:28 pm

I call shenanigans on the current poll count. :V

That said, I voted remote strangulation, but I'd love to be able to play this on my cellphone.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Zargar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 pm

The feature which is blantantly missing for me is the ability to trade cards. I understand that other things around the game would have to change in order to avoid exploits, but for me, trading cards is such an important part of this type of hobby and community that it's a must if I'm to continue playing.

Not only does it strengthen chat and community, it also gives you a reason to log in when you arent in the mood to play, makes you feel less *****ed when the rare cards you draw aren't in the faction you prefer to play and thereby raises the overall enjoyment of the game.
Zargar

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:46 pm

As stated a zillion times previously, don't count on being able to trade your cards anytime soon (if ever). If it's really that devastating to you, save yourself some time and quit now.
Romdeau

Postby Zargar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm new to the game and the community so i havent seen the zillion statements. But even if I had I think this is important part of getting this game to take off. I do not think the playerbase has a healthy size, despite commercials in many relevant and visible places. I think the ability to trade cards would keep more players with the game, and as I care about it, I express that.
Zargar

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:12 pm

I think a GM needs to make a statement about the player base in this community; I've talked with a couple and they believe it is increasing (I agree). Any single person is unable to see it because the numbers aren't shown at any single point time during the day-if you say that the cap of players at any one time isn't increasing, than I agree.
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:23 pm

I think that they'd have to put in an option to where the players can request games without spectators. Like after searching is done, then a screen would show up and ask if you allow this game to be spectated, if either 1 of the 2 players pick no, then the game would be listed as private, and will not be open to spectators.

^something like that?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby arfort » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

If they don't allow trading they need to give us some other way to acquire sets of five stars other than spending 300-400$ per set and getting lucky. A game I used to play had a system where every pack had a "koku" and starters had like five and you'd turn in 30 of them for a rare of your choice. You sent in everything by mail and you received the cards back by mail for free so long as they still had some available. If they didn't have any left they'd send you random rares instead but that was a pain. They updated the list of available cards every couple of months, first in their magazine so that subscribers would get first picks and a few weeks later on their website. It usually contained in demand rares from the previous expansions but never the last released expansions.
arfort

PreviousNext

Return to Kurina's Poll Room