How to Beat Augments

The forum for video captured battles

How to Beat Augments

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:37 pm

The thing is overdose augments is really predicable and stupid and only good vs some files. If you pack some counters, they won't do anything.
Example:
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 20ed60c71e
Icyman2

Re: How to Beat Augments

Postby gadu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Icyman2 wrote: only good vs some files.

This is the operative phrase. Obviously Mid Refess has nothing to fear. Still, nice playing, but even if you didn't counter all his moves, his file can't hurt you. Need to go bigs to beat Mid Refess and even then @_@.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:16 am

gadu wrote:

This is the operative phrase. Obviously Mid Refess has nothing to fear. Still, nice playing, but even if you didn't counter all his moves, his file can't hurt you. Need to go bigs to beat Mid Refess and even then @_@.

Uhh... imagine if I went judie guardian miffy and opponent has out axe girl and meathead and doll. If overdose hits guardian and miffy and close hits guardian, and then axe girl uses double attack skill, meathead attacks for a wipe. I'm now down 3 sp and 3 copies and lawtia player is down 2 copies and 1 sp. Repeat 3 times, I'm sp locked and I lose.
Icyman2

Postby crystalwind12 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 am

Icyman2 wrote:
gadu wrote:

Uhh... imagine if I went judie guardian miffy and opponent has out axe girl and meathead and doll. If overdose hits guardian and miffy and close hits guardian, and then axe girl uses double attack skill, meathead attacks for a wipe. I'm now down 3 sp and 3 copies and lawtia player is down 2 copies and 1 sp. Repeat 3 times, I'm sp locked and I lose.

I think that nobody would play mid-refess like you said. Who would play Judie first without Guardian on the field? And, your SS line-up definitely

shows that your build is always Miffy->Guardian->Judie.
crystalwind12

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

I've actually seen a fair number of people play Judie without guardian, the open is quite nice and it will help you progress into a level 4 faster than setting Guardian first. Plus, a guardian without support isn't terribly scary except for 30hp rush files without any kind of attack steroid (do any of these exist?)
Romdeau

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Why does my ss say anything about my open?
I meant those units on the field. Plus I field Judie before Guardian when I need the 1 extra sp next turn to field Guardian, and my field can stand the assault next turn.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Romdeau wrote:I've actually seen a fair number of people play Judie without guardian, the open is quite nice and it will help you progress into a level 4 faster than setting Guardian first. Plus, a guardian without support isn't terribly scary except for 30hp rush files without any kind of attack steroid (do any of these exist?)

They do. Although they show up once in a blue moon these days.
Callonia

Return to Extension's Video Library