My old set 2 scylla deck

The forum for video captured battles

My old set 2 scylla deck

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 am

Not the best, but sucky like your decks.
uploaded the video to megaupload for now : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y1T1QHC0 (dont worry it should be clean LOL)

Soul Skills of the deck in the vid are
1. Song Sorcerer
2. Invisible Druid
3. Zugateroza
4. Assassin
5. Zugateroza

Units and grims :
3 shade (hey we had shades back then in set 2)
3 succubus
3 lilith
2 scylla
3 moonlight warriors
3 crest regenerator knight
1 animated death
1 salamander

1 flesh recycle
1 magic weapon
1 soul bind
1 live conversion
1 counterattack
1 pure terror

I used to modify my deck a lot, so probably this isnt the best version i had, but its the best version i remember. Anyways this is a deck that took down emp decks and big unit decks. Only weaknesses were gowens (sigh too many gowen out there) and sometimes the water emp decks / renally decks, but it still won sometimes.
I am sure you will like the deck but you will give it up because of gowens mainly ... they have too much firepower and kill too fast your knights, besides a fire arrow that is randomly played can mess you up way too easy. I'm saying this because a gowen starter could win by luck vs this deck. Guess you cant counter too many decks with few cards. But why do gowen starters had/have to be soooo strong ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: My old set 2 scylla deck

Postby Arakis » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 am

It's been my observation that out of the box, Gowen starters are indeed very strong decks and can usually brute force their way through the other starters, and many non-starter decks as well. The tradeoff to this, though, is that Gowen seems to fall short when you match up two decks that use a lot of non-starter cards. With the exception of my Allind deck (which has its weaknesses), I'm still having trouble coming up with a really good Gowen deck for Folrart. I want to make a Warriors deck work, but preferably without relying too heavily on Falkow or Lawtia. When I need something that's very effective at winning, I tend to fall back on either Solar Kingdom, Wizard Kingdom, or Allind, but Allind's usually the least reliable of the three. It's kind of sad, considering I'm a Gowen GM, but then again I enjoy using all the spheres.

I guess it seems like Gowen had its day back in Set 1 for the most part, and that Sets 2 and 3 have mainly been about the other spheres. I'm not really complaining though. Refess is my second favorite sphere, and wow, is it doing a lot better than it used to. So it's all good.
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:38 pm

This aint a gowen rant thread, really. Point was to mention the strengths and weaknesses. You can take emps down with it and who knows what other cool deck, but gowens will beat you!
;zagar
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:00 pm

This time you went too far ... get out! This is a sacred thread and the likes of you may not enter.
Why dont you make a thread in the general offtopic and if anyone cares about what you say then he might take a look. If you spam like that you are just scum for this forum.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby Gota » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Calm down pera XD

Its a bot.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:This time you went too far ... get out! This is a sacred thread and the likes of you may not enter.

Since when did threads become sacred?
Romdeau

Return to Extension's Video Library