TW alteil vid

The forum for video captured battles

Re: TW alteil vid

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 am

Maybe this should show that monocolor is not the only way to go?

Well in case you missed it, Falkow-Refess is a highly competitive deck even in our version.

oh god! that pegasus is definetly overpowered, no damn doubt about it. Seems our GMs are better at card balance.

also the GM didnt have really good card choices, imo, even if you consider that the spirit spam + assa is too much he still could have added some better cards to his deck
______

second game, bah, Ellena SS would have been great as first
the witch SS was most likely for an early guardian and ya he played arius too early
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Peaches » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 am

In the first match, the GM clearly had no idea what they were doing, they saw their opponent lay down the owl sage, moused over their own meaning of failure... and played it anyways. Backlash. Then they did it again. Their use of Femiel, which in my opinion is the one of the best characters in the game at this point, was horrid. Every turn during that fight I sat there begging them to play the spell lancer, and they never did. Unless there's some difference between their spell lancer and ours, it should have been played the second that seraph SS was tripped, it was obvious that Pegasus was on it's way out, and column damage was the way to go. The GM also seemed to have zero math skills, buffing Renally with the dryads even though it was easy to tell that Renally was going down that turn anyways. Just plain silly. The only good play in that entire game was shear winds when the cudgel SS was going.

Second match, the guardian should have been played as soon as the rush Gowen rush cards came out, rather than going for the EM build. Silly!
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Postby MyPixelGirl » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 pm

i've made an imitation of the red/blue deck except with more focus on return and it works ok, probably at the 1500RP range in falrart.
will try an imitation of the monsters deck if i get more monster cards.

do they not have the same version of ball of flame in taiwan?

also that's the worst em i've ever seen, but props for the effort.

keep us updated on any more of those videos
MyPixelGirl

Postby Gota » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:23 pm

So the people on TW Alteil forum was saying "Oh he made a deck to purposely counter the GM's deck, thats why!"

In his defense, the player posted this pic.

Now I am just wondering how the heck he get over 200+ draws.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Harterial » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 pm

235 draws?!? With low hp units as well? Huh?

Even so, that's sort of sad. Just imagine sitting out 200 full games... that person has no life...
Harterial

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:52 am

Harterial wrote:235 draws?!? With low hp units as well? Huh?

Even so, that's sort of sad. Just imagine sitting out 200 full games... that person has no life...

You have no idea how old the deck is.
How much he plays and when he plays is his problem. Why do you worry?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harterial » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 am

Just sorta scary. ^^; Two-hundred+ draws... The only draw I've ever managed to pull was with stalling for a long time with a solid Refess field and having Phoenix out with a massive SP amount behind that. 30 turns is a lot.
Harterial

Postby Azul » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Heh, he does the staircase thing too. By which I mean the diagonal looking result of setting up your deck to account for the 4-cards per row in games.

That really is strange that he has so many draws. It just seems totally unreasonable.
Azul

Previous

Return to Extension's Video Library