Just a consensus...

The forum for video captured battles

Re: Just a consensus...

Postby Multi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 am

Xovian wrote:
And mutil, you've been trolling from the start.
You're not even worth an answer.

That was extremely rude. I wasn't trolling at all. I was just stating my opinions. I don't believe I insulted you or attacked you personally, or said anything to defame your character. I only spoke how I felt and pointed out where you contradicted yourself, using direct quotes. All these accusations you made towards myself because you feel offended or disagree with are quite frankly a little bit offensive to me since I've tried to be as civil as possible. I'm not even really sure what you're problem is since I agreed with your "clarified" question on the topic of draws, that the way they are calculated should be reconsidered.

Xovian wrote:However, the rewards from such a game should not be condoned or encouraged.

Xovian wrote:I'll clarify the question I'm asking here:

Is knowingly forcing a draw because it benefits a player RP, XP, FM wise, considered a valid play tactic, and one that should be encouraged and/or condoned.

Speak with me honestly, is making a quote like this to support a point really inflamatory? Is it trolling to point this out to support an argument? It's not like I made baseless statements about what you said, you could just admit you were wrong instead of making accusations.

I enjoy writing up my thoughts and I enjoy making rebuttals, I don't see how any of my posts could be so offensive as to warrant this kind of reaction, especially not compared to your own replies, with even your first or second basically telling me to get out.

It's too bad, I used to respect you as a good player and a level headed forum member, I'm sorry that you felt you had to respond this way. We all have our bad days, I don't really mind making amends, but I don't feel like you'd be willing to forgive me for a long long time.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:59 am

Xovian wrote:replay

Nothing wrong at all, and perfectly viable for getting free XP/RP

For me, I found it to be exploitative and aggravating to be forced to go from such an early game to draw so quickly with no hope of even playing, just because the opponent would get XP and RP.

That's how starter files feel against big red too! Except the draw is a loss.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:00 am

Multi wrote:All you had to do was play a unit instead of rapid growth, or play lvl 2's, but since that doesn't fit in your file, that's mostly your fault. You could've even played tidal wave. It's like a bad matchup, except instead of losing, it's brought to a draw.

Basically this!

Most people in bad matchups get losses. You are lucky you got a draw instead
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Phenoca » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 am

You keep your consecutive wins after getting a Draw.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Romdeau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 am

I'll leave it to DWild to handle this tomorrow. Frankly, I have not the energy to moderate this at the moment.

Locked for now.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 pm

The official word is that, while the match was of course legal, if this technique becomes epidemic and is too hard for big files to dodge (meaning there is no way to modify a file to deal with it efficiently), then the cards that made it possible would be considered for errata like any other combo.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Previous

Return to Extension's Video Library