SP Drain Beats 2000 RP Mirelia Meta

The forum for video captured battles

SP Drain Beats 2000 RP Mirelia Meta

Postby Grain » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:55 pm

https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... c04ca3011a

I wish that my old videos hadn't disappeared. Well, if I have to start anew, this is a good start.
Grain

Re: SP Drain Beats 2000 RP Mirelia Meta

Postby Noria » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:07 pm

awesome tactic and battle lol^^ i would not have iczered in the end though as you see that the last SS is a 2 LP one, and then it´s ALWAYS a revive... always^^

still gg, great way to beat lame mirelia and very well played against those returns in early turns ;th2
Noria

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Mad Priest + Raste is a brilliant combo (woot, he can rest for more than 10 HP per turn). And the MP by himself was great for locking things down at the end. Still, MP is not for everyone (especially not the beginner's version... of which there are only 33 in play on the entire server), but there are a lot of more general lessons from this combat (also MP's only real role until the end game was to draw out returns, which could be done with a different card). First, is that the SP drain Grims and Soul Cards had a huge impact on the mid game, and they would fit in a number of Lawtia Files. Second, was Game's refusal to kill his enemy's cards at all until he had a number of level 3's on the field. That let him keep his field control even in the face of repeated returns, and that field presence let him Iczer attack repeatedly the first real opportunity he had to knock down his enemy. Aggressive Iczer attacking (maybe too aggressive) also played a part, he didn't count on an enemy unit going to the cemetery... ever. An auto-reviving unit in the front row obviously helped for Merelia herself as well. Good stuff.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Awesome! ;th2
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Also note, that while field removal and returning can approximate SP drain, Game didn't use either. Also, Mirelia decks are forced to keep SP around in their SP pool.
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Nice deck grain, but his deck wasn't that great. His opening is quite bad (because it's very slow, you can notice that by just looking at it) and eventually that time+antilla combo should end up failing big time in the game since it only gains +1 SP in 2 rounds.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Nice deck grain, but his deck wasn't that great. His opening is quite bad (because it's very slow, you can notice that by just looking at it) and eventually that time+antilla combo should end up failing big time in the game since it only gains +1 SP in 2 rounds.

I think that the strategy would have been stronger if I hadn't constricted it; he/she only used half of his/her file. After all, it was a silver star player.
Grain

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:08 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad deck, I believe it has the highest Win % of any Mirellia deck in the game. Also, would you say the slowness of his start may have had something to do with Game not killing his sacrifice unit, drawing out early returns and also SP draining him?
Logress

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Sorry, that's not the highest, my bad. But a very respectable record nonetheless.
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

His slow start allowed grain's field to grow bigger ... his returns also had less effect. I seen other mirelia decks and they just reap apart the field with mirelia and returns.

Game's deck ain't bad, but still would prefer to see it against a mirelia deck with non-f(r)ail opening!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Extension's Video Library