Solid Cake Replay Pack

The forum for video captured battles

Solid Cake Replay Pack

Postby Pancakes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:08 pm

All Female Quest Entry vs Eternal Morning
https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... 8d851e2654

I entered the Arakis Quest for All Female cards and no grims. So I decided to make a test run in Folrart. My very first game I get a good player for an opponent. The important thing to note is that I avoid setting off the early Soul Skills until I was ready for them. I did not win the Arakis Quest.

Paladins vs Gowen Undead
http://vimeo.com/12329896

Here I am testing a file for the first time ever, my Paladins file. It's multisphere and I encounter Gowen Undead. What observers may take away from this game is how it is important to watch your other player's cemetary when fighting Beltia. At a crucial point I choose not to attack in order to avoid adding any more Undead cards to my opponent's cemetary. GMs should note how high my grim activation count becomes despite the fact that I never spamed returns. Even though I could have, I didn't. And my grim activation count was fine.

Renally vs Fierte Falkow
https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... 6154be44b4

GMs need to study this game. See for yourself what happens when one player brings 6 return grims and other does not. But this game isn't about me winning or losing. All I could think about when I was playing this game is what are the players who don't have Light Chaser supposed to do against this? I could counter it by adding returns to my Renally file (Light Chaser would give me advantage), but I'd rather not just out of my own style preference. But what can others do?

Mermaids vs Phimiliar
https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... deb15b1084

An unlikely matchup indeed. I respect my opponent for doing something unusual. Anyway, this is another, first time test file. I thought I wanted to use some cards that I never use. And of course the mermaids made an appearence. This is a WIP file. My unit choice will need some work. I've done mermaids in the past, but this time... no returns. I may add a couple as it matures but I'm avoiding massing them. There is a certain EX card that I made sure to bring 3 copies of from now on instead of 2. GMs in order to make Emana better, she needs an open skill. Right now mermaids are too slow. If she has a cool open skill Emana would be much better. Also a certain male level 2 3 star on the field could use an auto skill that costs 1 sp and functions as the teleport grim does.

Extreme Rarity Slugfest
https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... be594fc4f9

I enjoyed this game. Both players bring their A game. This time I wasn't fooling around. In any serious non Falkow file, you must bring a couple level 4 or highers that are strong enough to kill others on their own. Otherwise you will be returned like crazy and your field will never achieve optimal synergy. That is the principle that I brought to making this file. That is why I brought Bulrigid SS to help preserve late game synergy. And yes I played this game before the Falkow Fierte one so having the same SS in the same slot is a coincidence. Sp Generation was the key to the outcome.

Sorry I didn't post more loses, because I only have so many replay slot, and why would I keep a bunch of loses in there?

Well anyway I have a lot more games but I'm too tired to manually type out anymore URLs as my browser doesn't allow me to cut and paste. There are a lot of balance issues in this game. Mostly returns too strong. And several cards such as Knight of Luminance Ernst and Mermaids have almost no niche to do anything. When errata comes around I'm looking forward to some fixes on this situation.

Enjoy the matches.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Solid Cake Replay Pack

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Nice Matches! Boy you said it too many balance issue going on here but either way it's all up to GMs to fix. Hopefully your vid gets to them.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Nice matches!
Haha, it looks like Alteil uses the Black Lotus approach to card balance sometimes :lol:
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:44 am

When errata comes around I'm looking forward to some fixes on this situation.

if first errata dosn't fix things, there should be another errata two weeks after ... and another 2 weeks later and ... etc. Until balance finally gets straight.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby worthing » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:54 am

its so obvious that its me when you record my games :D

But yeah sorry for the uber cheese that game, and nice games ;th2
worthing

Postby Lateralus923 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:11 am

I really enjoyed these matches! It's awesome to see some of these under-used cards used effectively to counter the meta!

Lol @ worthing
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Noria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:42 pm

last one was especially awesome imo... thanks for sharing, love to watch matches^^
Noria

Postby Pancakes » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

well glad u got some enjoyment out of it - Light Chaser is the only reason I can beat Undead Gowen right now. I just got matched against undead gowen again and I tried to win without returns (other than the necessary single cyclone) and also without Light Chaser. But it's a NO GO. 2 early Mizalios helps though.

Also to the NUMEROUS people I "rage quitted" today... My flash plugin crash 4 times in a row.

I was playing Vonderdam, Mirelia today and I just felt too guilty to go ahead with it.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Phenoca » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 am

These archives are great! And... I can now see why people dislike DEFS so much.
The rarity slugfest was great!!
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Return to Extension's Video Library