Replay: Crest vs Wiz

The forum for video captured battles

Replay: Crest vs Wiz

Postby Pancakes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 am

This was from when set 7 first came out. Any analysis?

https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... 741c92cdc4
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Replay: Crest vs Wiz

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 am

Pancakes, stop making threads about videos outside of the video forums thread.
Romdeau

Postby imortal12233 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 am

you got lucky turn 8 with sergis just not hitting gale fencer.
you were also playing vs WK with neither EX wiz nor owl sage nor elite fencer.
considering both of these, the game doesn't prove anything (unless you were trying to prove how bad crest is that it nearly lost to bad WK).
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:33 am

Deck seems way way too fragile. You're selling Eskatia s-h-o-r-t by only really using her EN ability to buff gale fencer, and you're also limiting Afeemina by having gale fencer as the only non character. You're totally failing to maximize their abilities! Take out gale fencer and the whole file falls apart... Which really is pretty easy, hello damage SS, hello salamander, hello dragon breath, even a magic bolt or flesh recycle would be worth it. Heck even a fire arrow might be worth it in some cases.

Also turn 7, major blunder, why did you use eyes of terror? You had dio SS on deck. Target captain with that, and move units to back. Song Sorceress acts first, so that makes rapier fencer basically useless since he is out of range. So he has to move. You're not in trouble there at all, and then you could have brought out crest halbred for more stability on the field, and further take advantage of Afeemina.

Turn 8 eyes of terrer wasnt very good either. They likely have something there to kill gale fencer, which means your other 2 units are more or less useless. So if you're very very likely to get wiped anyway, why not bring out another unit, especially you were on last copy of annarose.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:21 am

It looks like you chucked a bunch of high rarity cards together and called it a deck. There is no deck synergy at all. A particularly glaring example is Afeemina, who has practically nothing to buff. Eskatia's start skill is also largely wasted so she is like a bad revival unit.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby worthing » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 am

I stopped watching at turn 5 because the guy wasnt smart enough or didnt have fencer, if he could have played it or did play it you woulda lost I am not really impressed plus you kinda tossed out eskatia which seems random bad
worthing

Postby Pancakes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 am

Well actually guys, this WAS the very beginning of set 7 and I DID just throw a bunch of cards together. I didn't even realize gale fencer had a night time ability. I posted this replay to get suggestions on what went right and what went wrong. It's definately not a show boat replay.

I saved it for studying purposes not prize figher purposes. Which is why I posted it in the strategy section at first because I wanted strategy advise but Rom said to move it to video section.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 am

you have a very strong low level opening and dodges shade open. I think problem comes when you end up going up against a big file, cuz u have no sp to iczer, but 5 agi and revive cost is kinda cool. Do you have trouble when playing against other lawtia players? cuz annarose helps both sides out

I guess if elite fencer was there there'd be a little trouble - cyclone is a biggie...

locked down this guy's file pretty good, but I was wondering why u keep letting ur units die to trigger ss so quickly, like that turn when rival field was empty and u activated 2 SS's

and for creeping hands - i tried that idea with limitless cemetary retrieval with another level 2 rush, but i found sometimes it was better to let them go and just summon a better unit with their sp later

saw you went to level 3 to play pure terror anyways, why not mix in a few level 3's so opp will hesitate to play cyclone?
ErnnLaties

Postby Pancakes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 am

Well thanks for the thoughtful analysis Ern, I would have taken a picture of my file but I deleted it because of how old it is - like I said this was a quick experieent with afeema deck right after set 7 came out and I recorded it just to study what works and didn't and then decided to ask on here for strategic advise

as for big units being a problem, what you don't see is that I have Merciless and Deathbringer to handle late game whatevers, the free revives from annarose and eskatia are also a way of slowly gathering SP for the late game, and I have one level 5 unit to hold the field whilst grim'ing only this game didn't get to that point

oh well i am still testing this file out and ultimately I ended up dropping the entire crest theme including afeemina - Lately I focus more and more on gathering SP in anticipating of big yellow for instance:

Here is a pic of the file as well as a replay. The purpose of showing this replay is to ask for anylasis of the decisions I make in the file. Like when I allowed units to close and when I revived. When I used a grimoire and when I didn't. That is the type of analysis I am looking for. This is not a showoff replay I only show the replay to look for analysis: In other words if you have a problem with a particular choice I made a certain turn just say so. I'm trying to tighten my decision making in game so just curious about that.

Here is the replay of the latest file that is different from the first. Less duchy of crest, more SP generation and assasination skills I just played this one today:

Proposition vs Bringer
https://login.alteil.com/auditorium/ind ... 7a0a335d82

Pancakes

Postby Godric » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:11 am

before I watched the match I was worried you might have a few too many insta kill moves, but now I see how effective what you've got is :shock:
Looks like a solid build, but the thing I thought of was to change your first SS to give yourself more LP. Your main game comes when you've returned your file, and decimated your opponent's. If you can prolong the early game with a 2 LP or even a 3 LP anchor the later SS combo could be that much more devistating with both more cards in the opponents cemetary, and your own.
looks like a lot of fun though, I'd just hate to come against it :D
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Next

Return to Extension's Video Library