Primclone is still alive!

The forum for video captured battles

Re: Primclone is still alive!

Postby Khalida » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Pancakes wrote:What are you guys talking about? His rival iczer's strat is extremely powerful and he pulled it off very well. He managed to string together some of the most powerful tactics in the game into one file WITHOUT wasting time on grim SP generation. That is a good thing not a bad thing.

No, if you end up with 0 sp after playing primclone, you messed up your whole game. It's only worth playing primclone when you can set up your field after that and get an advantage this way. In the replay the primclone-player had lost because he did not gather enough sp. Bad mistake.
Khalida

Postby Pancakes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Khalida wrote:
Pancakes wrote:What are you guys talking about? His rival iczer's strat is extremely powerful and he pulled it off very well. He managed to string together some of the most powerful tactics in the game into one file WITHOUT wasting time on grim SP generation. That is a good thing not a bad thing.

No, if you end up with 0 sp after playing primclone, you messed up your whole game. It's only worth playing primclone when you can set up your field after that and get an advantage this way. In the replay the primclone-player had lost because he did not gather enough sp. Bad mistake.

MY point is that the rival iczer wasn't playing cookie cutter strategy. He didn't just copy a meta file he formulated his own strategy. No matter how cheesy, what he has done is innovative and at the same time risky. I don't have respect for Primclone, I have respect for people who come up with their own strategies. And even if he was "just" doing "Primclone" with bringer and snakes, the timing of his file was very tight and it was a timing that he has come up with on his own as far as I can tell. It was clever. Cheesy as hell. But clever. And since the level of cheese involved in this replay was about equal on both sides, they canceled each other out. with the cheese factor now gone, I'd say the rival iczer's strategy was better. But l33t fencer is what destroyed him along with those super buffed up whatever his name is...wiz dude with grimbane.

and since leet fencer is OP I can't really say that it was "good call" on the player's part to add that card to their file. It's just simply an OP unit. And that's all.

that's just how I see it
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby InigoMontoya » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Back to the Play to Win debate. Spikes care about file effectiveness (how to play it to win). Other types care about things like creativity and variety.
InigoMontoya

Postby Demongod » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Except, Pancakes...I didn't use grimbane once, and had my elite fencers returned.

Did you even watch the game and see that were my elite fencers were mostly absent from the action?

The biggest factor to my success was a mage knight that was attacking for 60 damage. Oh, I know! It's the pegasus that's imbalanced!
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Previous

Return to Extension's Video Library