imortal12233 wrote:actually... having played mid red (not big red, but close enough), as well as having played peg kingdom against mid and big red (and winning on numerous occasions):
mage knight's grim bane is overrated in this matchup, and sp used to grimbane is sp not used to iczer. The only time mage knight's grim bane is worth it is if you expect primclone (and is definitly worth it if prim is already dropped).
Having looked at the game I can say this:
1) probably should have played owl sage turn 2 rather than Oseon. unless you were hoping for backlash
2) return the proxy! you won't have many more uses for return in this matchup and draining 3 sp from your opponent while you have owl sage out is very helpful.
3) Although khalida sometimes runs primclone, making grimbane viable, once you got rid of the first cyclone, you should have stopped and went to iczering.
4) his fire arrows on mage knight were not because he feared mage knight's grimbane (or at least that was probably not the main reason), but because he wanted as many units as possible to be sent to cem at once so he could dodge what he though was a normal return SS with certainty.
5) should have started iczering on turn 9, since allind drop following turn was somewhat predictable. turn 8 might have also been a valid turn to start iczering, but waiting for turn 10 was wrong.
I am not sure if following these would have helped you win, as khalida is a good player and this is without a doubt a bad matchup, but those, I believe, would have helped.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests