Definitely the most epic duel I've ever had

The forum for video captured battles

Re: Definitely the most epic duel I've ever had

Postby Artist » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Spears wrote:nicely done.
how come you chose to run her in gowen rush instead of monsters?
2nd game.. need moar boulder drop

I would love to try out monsters.

My master list of monster type cards:

1 x Giant Gorilla.

..lol

@ Pancakes

I do agree with most of what you said, however I think you're looking at this too cynically. Returns have a lot of advantages, but there's a lot of disadvantages to return as well. Returns are useless if you don't have a strong field which can be used to kill enemy units. I'm sure you've had games where returns simply wasn't enough to stop a huge rush mixed with level 3s, like combat monk, alraune, dual axe and samurai girl, that'd be tough to return AND keep a strong field on, especially when they're still playing units to replace current units like boomerang fighter, highland born, kurina, etc. Against a deck like that, RFA is simply just another return at the cost of 1 miracle fruit and 1 ss spot, and there's much more efficient ways to deal with it than to waste a whole turn on grim, and 1/5 of your ss slots. Thus, against a small rush deck like that, I have the same units they do, but I also have the ability to return their units to maintain field advantage.

Another thing about my deck is that it takes out big units. Say the enemy plays stardragon and true retear, I'm essentially boned if I'm a gowen rush. Gowen rush does a lot of damage but it's usually only medium level damage to other medium units. Against a guardian or a stardragon, gowen rushes die. With the help of Addition, I can simply 1 hit their large units, counters never go off, etc, easily breaking that huge wall. Addition gives the large amount of damage per shot that gowen rushes usually need. People who play gowen probably knows that sometimes you have that feeling of increasing sphere to 12 just so you can fire arrow that stardragon, but you can't. Well, this is the solution to that.

One thing I do die to is countless small rush, Lycans to be specific. Lycans always had the power to out rush gowen rushes, especially if fierte is involved. Multisphere sometimes take a very long time to setup so you lose the early game, which could be controlled by some returns, but due to the nature of my deck, I cannot use cyclone, and I don't have the power to keep up with returning an infinite amount of lycans, thus I usually get mauled by lycan rushes.

Sometimes the case for return is to have a lot of copies of them and eventually you can win by removing their field, sometimes the case for returns like RFA is to get rid of large things that you can't kill. Ultimately, none of those two are really the point of my deck. My deck is essentially more a gowen rush with a big damage support, as well as returns to balance out field placement in early game so my slow starting can be setup. Damage is definitely still the most important factor of the deck, not removal, and that in itself is really confusing to my opponents.

Sometimes they do large DF buffs to save their units from my massive damage, but I'd just return. Sometimes they play a lot of units out to counter my returns, but I just kill them without returning. It's that versatility that gives this deck that boost in strength.

EDIT: Last thing that I wanted to add, when I made this deck, I planned to confuse the opponent a lot, especially the gowen starting. Gowen rushes are so common, everyone knows exactly what's in it, and what to expect. I usually transition into Falkow only during mid game, so early game is all gowen rush. I want to give time to the opponent to build up their field of gowen rush counters, then bring out the falkow support as the element of surprise to counter them, and that essentially is the major point of the file, and that is actually the central theme to most of my files.
Artist

Postby Pancakes » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 pm

That's fair. But I'm cynical through experience. And even the strongest tactics feel flimsy when you're the one playing it, even when their not - relatively speaking. Look at my sig. It acknowledges the small bit of angst that goes into playing a file that relies on RFA. You could miss. And you could lose because you missed. It feels flimsy to play just like playing Bringer feels flimsy sometimes. I'm sure Pluu and worthing see visions of defeat all the time while they are on their 20 game streaks.

But that's besides the point. It seems you have to solve the problem of not using Addition to the max of her ability in non star dragon situations.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby hat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 am

@Artist
GGGGG nice paintbrush menz ;th2
Fable represent!
@Pancakes Throw two RFA in my a**.
Total number of Miracle Fruits gained through 2 mains and 13 alts: 1
Total number of Miracle Fruits recycled: 1
Very regretful decision. Throw 2 RFA AND 2 Miracle Fruits in. THEN you can turn a bad file into a good one.
AquasFire : im not cool im weird

rsvlito : im wierd so thats cool

worthing : u scarred half the azn population away hat.....i now give u the title godzilla
hat

Postby Artist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Ended up going to have to edit this file to cope with the small level 2/3 gowen rushes.

Final record before edit was 12 win : 3 loss, all 3 losses against low level gowen rushes.
Artist

Postby Pancakes » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:18 pm

hat wrote:@Artist
GGGGG nice paintbrush menz ;th2
Fable represent!
@Pancakes Throw two RFA in my a**.
Total number of Miracle Fruits gained through 2 mains and 13 alts: 1
Total number of Miracle Fruits recycled: 1
Very regretful decision. Throw 2 RFA AND 2 Miracle Fruits in. THEN you can turn a bad file into a good one.

lol who are you again, ur what makes this forum fun, thanks for the effort
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Artist » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:27 am

Immediately after file edit, I face a random mid lawt deck which wiped the floor with me.

AND IT WAS A TREASURE FOR GORRIRA! *cry cry cry*
Artist

Postby hat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Noes! Gorrira! 2 aint much, better than 1, w/e
I love playing Mid Lawt. It's pretty sick. Hard to beat if done well fo sho.

Cake, I know right, I'm what makes this forum fun. Wasn't much effort though. GL with a file with 2 rfa ss and 0 miracle fruit.
AquasFire : im not cool im weird

rsvlito : im wierd so thats cool

worthing : u scarred half the azn population away hat.....i now give u the title godzilla
hat

Previous

Return to Extension's Video Library