Gowen rush vs Urgrant Fire Arrow>Return O YA!!!

The forum for video captured battles

Gowen rush vs Urgrant Fire Arrow>Return O YA!!!

Postby Urizen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:23 pm

Image No, actually I didn't bring a spare......
Urizen

Re: Gowen rush vs Urgrant Fire Arrow>Return O YA!!!

Postby DarkRising » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Im just a noob so I dont know if these were mistakes or not...

why did he summon faytis on the turn 7? Did he forget that tiger was lvl 4?

Also why didnt he rest when you used dragon breath? I guess (s)he didnt realize what you were going to do. With Belus, Kurina would be engaged and couldnt attack him anyway so it would have been safer to rest esp. when facing gowen

Just my 2cents
DarkRising

Postby azurewrath » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Faytis was meant to hit the Kurina that didn't revive.
azurewrath

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:42 pm

And resting doesn't save him from double fire arrow, so his only win condition was if Urizen only had 1. In that case, it's probably better to attack.
crimsonshade

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

You really owned his first two SS!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Urizen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 pm

@ dark rising

I was suspicious he was going to play faytis so as insurance I did not rev kurina, Faytis has to be cut off at all costs to win that match, she just makes the sp curve a auto win condition, period! I'd also like to add that I did have bringer in the file infact I had 3 of him, but running bringer is a no go against urgrant, he has a giant please merc death me sign on his slaying forhead. Fire arrow is often a better end game than bringer. With gowen rush or any other rush file rushing through at least the first few lp really quickly against these files to really even up the match, marduk and urg as well as mirelia pre errata often have/had afemina/durendall/volderam ss early on that you wanna go ahead and iczar through them at your convenience not theirs, the playes look odd at points especially my rampant iczaring but my intent was to end the game as quickly as possible before he gets zug on the field.

If you know the ss ahead of time against urg files your a big steap ahead-some cary afemina, some just dmg, I personaly preffered 2 rasam ss which a few use now-knowing someone starts cath or owl sage makes a huge difference as well (owl sage= tidal wave if you hadn;t guessed), I know it comes against those that use it and skip-dbreath and get a sp padding to deal with returns. Also my new favorite unit-Light Heirrat fighter did wonders against a dion version :lol: (I think this unit my have been designed with her in mind) I replaced beltia with her and have been glad-try her out sometime!
Image No, actually I didn't bring a spare......
Urizen

Return to Extension's Video Library