So you want to join The Order of Black Knights

So you want to join The Order of Black Knights

Postby worthing » Tue May 19, 2009 1:18 am

Order of the Black Knights F.A.Q.

If you have been in the Folart Arena chances are you have come across a member of The Order of Black Knights. One of the more common questions we are asked is “How do I join your guild?” To save everyone involved time, The Order of the Black Knights have decided to create this thread. This thread serves as an information guide to the Black Knights, whom we are and what we look for in new Knights.

Who we are
- We are a competitive guild, widely considered to have the best collection of top players in Alteil
- A guild that is built on top play, who look to lead the meta
- In addition to good play, we seek those who are not asshats and will contribute positively to the Order
- Most of our members are spenders. We enjoy the game and show support by purchasing cards. Many of us enjoy having the increased options of playing different spheres and multiple files.

What we do
- Win. At the end of last set 3 of the top 5 Iczers in RP were members of the Black Knights.
- Win consistently. Many of our members are level 40+. We even have the only level 100+ Iczer among our ranks.
- Design top tier meta files and test. Several of our Iczers developed the designs for many of the dominant meta files in U.S. Alteil's history.
- Have fun.

If you’re reading this thinking “We do I apply!” it is not that easy.
The Black Knights do not actively recruit, or maintain “quotas” of members. New Knights are selected carefully by current members. If you would like to one day aspire to join the ranks, here are a few tips that could give you the inside track to attaining Knighthood.

- Join the Chat room. Many Knights stop by in the chat and hang out in here while playing. Often it is the best and quickest way to get to know some of the Knights.
- Be friendly and polite. Knights take notice in duels which Iczers are friendly and which ones are rude during games.
- Play against us. During discussions of potential recruits, current Knights discuss games they have played against the Iczer. This does not mean if you lose you will automatically not make it, though winning does help. The win or loss is not important, but determining the skill level of the Iczer.
- Be at least level 15, preferably higher. We’re not going to recruit a new member who is still playing in Crest. Get out into Folart and play.

Comments, questions, concerns? Please contact one of the Knights in-game, chat or on the forums.

-Originally posted by Galandros
worthing

Re: So you want to join The Order of Black Knights

Postby Porky » Tue May 19, 2009 8:34 pm

lol, it sounds quite formal. I'm not so sure that we take ourselves that seriously its a game after all ;th2
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby worthing » Tue May 19, 2009 9:00 pm

lol it does sound quite formal but trust me we aren't serious, but i like our guild because I get along with absolutely everyone and know they can be trusted ;th2
worthing

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:07 pm

I like how advertise, by stating that you have the highest RP and avoid mentioning the weekly rankings! Genius! ;th2
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Mavel » Tue May 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:I like how advertise, by stating that you have the highest RP and avoid mentioning the weekly rankings! Genius! ;th2

This is not your issue ... I hope, stop writing it.

Quality rather than Quantity.
Mavel

Postby Phenoca » Wed May 20, 2009 12:25 am

worthing wrote:- Design top tier meta files and test. Several of our Iczers developed the designs for many of the dominant meta files in U.S. Alteil's history.

Sorry, I can't do that.
My 'Johnny' strategy dictates that I not spend more than $30 on a game, and I've already spent $10.

worthing wrote:- Join the Chat room. Many Knights stop by in the chat and hang out in here while playing. Often it is the best and quickest way to get to know some of the Knights.

Thanks. I'll retry that, now that I'm playing on my main Iczer again (Iczer: Keladry was limited to dual-combos of Ruby Carbuncle + Ruby General and the Spike Shield Knight + EX: Garfath combo). I've been waiting for Set 4 to spend gran.

worthing wrote:- Play against us.

One thing I did do!

Galandros or worthing wrote:Comments, questions, concerns? Please contact one of the following Knights in-game, chat or on the forums.

I thought to get in, we needed to be friends with your members?
I never met Gota, except in chat (and maybe a few games). I think we are in different timezones.

Galandros I know very well.
And worthing I just met today (I think he likes my Youtube-video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7faEJhzLdQ or maybe he just likes me failing my backlash on Return at 3:27).
Porky I have met in battle (probably as Iczer: Keladry).
Peralisc2... Just keeps beating me every time I play him.
And Mavel I can never keep-up with.

Since I'm still levelling Phenoca with all of the set 4 cards (in fact, the ideal thing would be to wait for the Set 4 Starter and then restart my entire file to get nice level-up cards - and then donate - but I already have the set 4 card I was looking for), and am still tinkering my opening.
It's basically some SP-grim spamming until I place either Guardian or some Falkow-units + a Pegasus. But it is basically a Guardian-file which relies on my x2 Blessings and Folrart Dual-Wielding Soldier (who usually ends-up as cannon-fodder).
I have a Magic Shade Soldier SS / Snaf combo thrown-in there, but I need to work a lot on the timing since by the time I get to that SS, my units are too sparse to tank Snaf's 999HP buffed-unit, and I need to improve there since I like working with that combo in the endgames.

A copy of Song Sorceress / Sylph / Magic Musician would help me, but basically I need one copy of sylph to make this file work, and I need to replace Spell Lancer x3 once I find a better tank to use (though she is useful against LeBeau and Alphonce).

I will contact all Order of Black Knights members I find. But I think that I need to raise my RP before qualifying.
Total games played: 400
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Gota » Wed May 20, 2009 12:56 am

Just FYI, pera is not in our guild, just letting you know that since you included him O_o

Also, there isn't going to be a new starter per set, so don't count on a set4 starter to come.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby worthing » Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 am

Peralisc2 wrote:I like how advertise, by stating that you have the highest RP and avoid mentioning the weekly rankings! Genius! ;th2

we didn't mention it because we are not the highest because we are not plus you have more members that play more than a majority of ours. Please stay out of this topic if you have nothing further to say than insulting us. :evil:
worthing

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 am

How did i insult your guild? Amount of members says nothing. Some play little to none (me in the recent weeks) and some play tons and get 300+ points. Just trying to answer your prejudice.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DWildstar » Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 am

Peralisc2 wrote:How did i insult your guild? Amount of members says nothing. Some play little to none (me in the recent weeks) and some play tons and get 300+ points. Just trying to answer your prejudice.

I think you know full well what worthing is talking about Peralisc, please refrain from posting in this thread unless you want to join them :lol:
DWildstar

Next

Return to General Guild Chat