My idea of a 2vs2 duel and related aspects

User suggestions to improve the game

My idea of a 2vs2 duel and related aspects

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Ok so here's is my version of a 2vs2 duel layout in alteil. If i get questions, they might be related to something i overlooked in which case i will edit this first post and add additional information to further detail how 2vs2 duel should work in my oppinion.

First of all the field stays the same and players need to share because that's what playing as a team is all about. Don't lock your allies guardian by occupying all front row spaces for example!

Separate soul skills which activate depending on which iczer's units die.
Iczer attack is also selectable. You will have in the drop down menu the name of both iczers available separated.

Sphere influence should be togheter in my opinion because it will be quite a "tanky" game so you should speed it up a little, but that's just my personal opinion and also fierte SS will be stronger and weaker in different ways in 2vs2 this way.
In the upper half you see the opposing team's sphere levels and bottom half your team's sphere levels.

SP should be separated to increase the card output and the focus on synergy. Again, a 2vs2 will be for sure a very tanky game and you don't want to have a massive draw count resulting from it. SP is thus displayed individually.

As you can see there is only on button to see your graveyard or the enemy graveyard. The reason for this is that i would like to see the graveyards and the cardfiles of a team displayed at the same time. Going back and forth between graveyards might get confusing, since after you admire for too long the opponent's graveyard you might forget to which opponent it belonged for example, but it also helps as a better overview.

Cardfile view:

Your cemetary view:
Same for out of game ... etc.

When you start the game, the starting SP will be 5 for each player, i guess it's alright for a quick start and quick battle. It might be alright.
Every round ALL 4 players can play a card each, just like in 1vs1.

This is what the screen could look like:
except for the sphere levels being at 0 :lol:

So if that image were from a 2vs2 duel, then i played Jewel, my ally (teammate) played sunlight knight and the opponents played tidal and elite folrart dual wielder.

When a backlash occurs (same cards got played same turn). Then only the backlashed cards should have the green backlash text written over them.
When a character backlash occurs again only the backlashed card should have the text written over them.
It's easier to keep the overview this way.

Obviously the teammates will have to pick different squares and the square your ally currently selected should highlighted in a different way. Only when both team members have different open spaces selected will the cards be placed.
In case there are 8 occupied spaces and both played a card, one of the team members should be able to not select any place at all in order to decide which unit will be sent to the graveyard and which one will be the 9th unit on their field.

Once again, when you get the chance to iczer attack you may select the opponent you wish to iczer.
When a player looses all his life points he won't be able to play any more cards, but he will still be able to control his left over units.
When both team members loose all life points their team has lost the duel.

If an ally quits, then other team member should be able to use and play for both, but his ally won't be rewarded a win, also the player won't be rewarded a double win in case he wins on his own with the two decks.

~~~~~

I think i covered the most important parts.

This 2vs2 can be still of two kinds. Random team and Arranged team:
- Random team is when you click search game and get random ally + random opponents.
- Arranged team is when you click search and you and your ally who has agreed to join your "team" will get paired with another team that has predetermined it's members.

Aside from this, the rules should be the same for the 2vs2 games.

That is all.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: My idea of a 2vs2 duel and related aspects

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm

I don't think a 3x3 field works for 2v2. You'd need 5x5 IMO.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 pm

I was thinking that too at first, but what you don't want to do is have an overcrowded field that wins by overcrowding also planning what squares will be used for what asks for much greater strategic depth and cooperation! I believe that's the most important aspect of 2v2 and it also brings more value to ranged units.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby hexagram » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am

maybe 2v2 where you take alternate turns where you can play units and share the same sp pool.

Anyway multiplay option just seems difficult to programme altough I am no expert

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Pikeru » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:02 am

I agree with the normal field size, although I do disagree with one thing. If your summoner dies, you no longer have a medium binding you to this realm. Logically, I believe it makes more sense for a player's creatures to be returned to the file when that player's defeated. This may give your opponents a clear advantage if your partner dies, but at the same time it adds an extra layer of strategy in deciding which opponent would be best to take out first. On another note, being an alternate format, it should be given a ban/restricted list to include cards that would be overpowered under these rules. Cards such as Fierte who was already mentioned. She's already broken in normal play, her strength would increase exponentially here.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:18 am

Crest Spy shenanigans!

But this time around, Crest Spy will have powerful bodyguards to protect her as she does her work. XD
Callonia

Postby Muklas » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 am

Allind bombs and farts and Zu suicide runs oh my.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby sunbunman » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:08 am

Heres what i see happening, person 1 drops dilate by say t6, person 2 whos been gening sp in reffess this whole time plays holy shield and then comes the hog/bof/fire arrow spam

Or maybe a double speed sk field, mid solar kingdom field.

Double dragon emperors might be interesting, yet for tr and any other big (not legrye)
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 am

This 2x2 idea is hard to implement and won't work the way you'll want it. First, if one has a poor connection, then the whole match gets lagged. Second, what if one stalls? Third, what if your ally is a nuisance\noob? I won't certainly enjoy that if I was lagging and get blamed by 3 other people. What if your ally negotiates with your foe and sells the game? I know these aren't technical stuff but things like those should be considered. How would you choose your ally?
MiKeMiTchi

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 am

hexagram wrote:maybe 2v2 where you take alternate turns where you can play units and share the same sp pool.

Why do you want alternate turns and sp pool together? Isn't that too similar to 1v1?
And don't worry about the programming, about anything is possible and also i am sure they are capable.

Pikeru wrote:Logically, I believe it makes more sense for a player's creatures to be returned to the file when that player's defeated. This may give your opponents a clear advantage if your partner dies, but at the same time it adds an extra layer of strategy in deciding which opponent would be best to take out first. On another note, being an alternate format, it should be given a ban/restricted list to include cards that would be overpowered under these rules. Cards such as Fierte who was already mentioned. She's already broken in normal play, her strength would increase exponentially here.

That is interesting. Well i am not really sure what EXACTLY should happen when one player dies so i just tossed the best idea that i quickly got.

I believe fierte will be not strong when you can raise spheres together (and both start with 5 sp) and it will be also much easier to pack counters in both arranged and random teams. And i also think fierte in random teams will be a bad idea in case your opponent runs bigs with first +3 sphere SS.

Callonia wrote:Crest Spy shenanigans!

But this time around, Crest Spy will have powerful bodyguards to protect her as she does her work. XD

The enemy field will be quite more crowded than in 1v1 i believe. I at least expect a strong field vs strong field and besides there will still be grims you can hit crest spy with.

Muklas wrote:Allind bombs and farts and Zu suicide runs oh my.

Why do you believe it will be stronger than in 1vs1?
There will obviously be more revive combos and cards like holy light will seriously ruin their day imo.

MiKeMiTchi wrote:This 2x2 idea is hard to implement and won't work the way you'll want it. First, if one has a poor connection, then the whole match gets lagged. Second, what if one stalls? Third, what if your ally is a nuisance\noob? I won't certainly enjoy that if I was lagging and get blamed by 3 other people. What if your ally negotiates with your foe and sells the game? I know these aren't technical stuff but things like those should be considered. How would you choose your ally?

- I am not sure what you mean with hard to implement, i believe it's at most moderate programmer work.
- Poor connections aren't the game's fault.
-We need something against stallers anyway. Vote to boot him? :lol:
- If you ally is a noob, then don't play random teams and stick to arranged teams. Also the game should try to match you up with someone of your own skill level. Also background checks can be done to see who actually lagged, besides it's the word of 3 vs 1 ... you figure out how that can turn out.
- If you feel your ally cheats you of the game then report would be the solution and continuous report should ensure he gets punished for what he did.

- Also as i said in my first post. There are two types of 2vs2. Random and Arranged. If you don't want a random person in your team because you are afraid of newbies, then you can play arranged team. Don't have someone for arranged team? Well then you can join the chat, get to know people and then have an easier time getting team mates!
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau