"rerelease" of Miku cards

User suggestions to improve the game

"rerelease" of Miku cards

Postby Anima13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 am

I have heared in the past several times in the chat, that due to licensing reasons Miku cards won't be released ever again (I am opening this thread with the assumption this rumor is truth). Well .. I can understand that such things happen, but there is one problem I have with this.

I am the opinion that in a card game, where balance is on the level of total cards/ decks facing each other, any subtype/card that is only achievable once and never again, is going to create a long term balance issue.
No this is not a nerf thread and i dont say you should worsen these or those miku cards (infact we could discuss buffing some :D).
I am talking about card avaibility. If a certain subpopulation recieve access to certain options which are not accessable, this wont be fair and also your new willing to pay clients wont be happy about this.

Ex cards, are ok as you have ways to get them later, even if those are harder. Batora cards are ok (boarderline) cause they come back too once a year. The "fun cards" are ok too cause they have honestly 0 utility in a competive or even a non competetive environment. But that Miku cards should not be released ever again. No thats not ok.

Here the solution I think it would be appropiate:

Rerelease Miku cards with same skills but with another status effect eg dancing instead of singing(to prevent misuse by ppl who have old cards) and other art and of course an other name(to circumvent the legal issues).
Anima13

Re: "rerelease" of Miku cards

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 am

they can be rereleased but not with the same pictures and names?but same stats

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 am

Uh, I don't know legal stuff for this but I don't mind if they're ever available again.

Coz I know what it feels like.

Any collector that gets butthurt over so that they can be only one with the cards on the server because they're supposed to be not available ever again will just have to learn how to grow up.

However There might be a chance for miku or Negima cards showing up after month of May this year. If alteil somehow attract enough ppls that is.
Callonia

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 am

Oh good, let us complain about a limited release being limited. Is there any reasoning behind refuting limited availability other than "it's not okay"? Can we officially treat Logress like a dog that needs to be housetrained? You'd get more leeway from taking a newspaper and giving him a good whack if that is the case.

And the card being unavailable unless a miracle occurs is not a "rumour", it is Word of Logress statement from when the cards were first introduced.
Logress wrote: Unlike our other cards, we can't sell or even give them away without a contract with the Hatsune Miku owners, so very likely there will never be another chance to get these cards! You can check them out here. And on the card list, just check for subtype DIVA.

Such a contract has to be issued directly with Crypton Future Media, and before I go on consider Alteil's current financial situation. Miku "Merchandise" extends to cars and concerts, and the only reason we got them was because unlike Alteil US, Alteil JP is actually a lucrative business that can afford such marketing.

Also claiming that availability has any impact on balance is a blatant misuse of the already thoroughly raped card game terminology, even for Alteil standards.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

I hate exclusive cards. Such a damn move.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby gadu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Anima13 wrote:No this is not a nerf thread and i dont say you should worsen these or those miku cards (infact we could discuss buffing some :D).

Broken Virus too stronk. Why balance team not buff all L3 cards to Broken Virus standards? Folrart Shield cannot take one hit from Broken Virus, even if he healed 100% HP on standby.

Me talk like Cookie Monster in this thread. 8-)
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Pikeru » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 am

Callonia wrote:However There might be a chance for miku or Negima cards showing up after month of May this year. If alteil somehow attract enough ppls that is.

As one who was lucky enough to get the Miku cards(I only began playing playing because of that event), I would love to see them once again available for other players to obtain sometime in the future. If lucky, they might even add 4 or 5 more while they're at it.

On the issue of balancing, one could even take the reverse view with the same reasoning. "Because these cards won't be available again, it's both safe and fair to give the lucky few who owns them an edge over everyone else. Especially if the cards are to be unplayable in official ranked tournaments, there's absolutely no drawbacks to letting them run rampant in Folrart where winning and losing are inconsequential."

Personally, I'm of the equal opportunity opinion. Common cards need to be usable, but not overly so that a new player can consistently win against more experienced with just a handful of Starter Shields. Strong cards should be somewhat rarer, but not drastically so and only in proportion to their actual usability. Even then, they should eventually, but slowly become easier to obtain and more widely available. Despite being more profitable, new cards shouldn't be so overpowered that they completely overshadow existing cards to the point it actually becomes necessary to use them just to keep up.

In sum, I'd like Miku to be buffed, but I can't condone anything game-shattering unless a re-release becomes possible.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 am

only really good miku that comes to mind is tha lvl 3 undead like card and lvl 3+1sp on open.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby fargone » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Shirozaki wrote:Oh good, let us complain about a limited release being limited. Is there any reasoning behind refuting limited availability other than "it's not okay"? Can we officially treat Logress like a dog that needs to be housetrained? You'd get more leeway from taking a newspaper and giving him a good whack if that is the case.

And the card being unavailable unless a miracle occurs is not a "rumour", it is Word of Logress statement from when the cards were first introduced.
Logress wrote: Unlike our other cards, we can't sell or even give them away without a contract with the Hatsune Miku owners, so very likely there will never be another chance to get these cards! You can check them out here. And on the card list, just check for subtype DIVA.

Such a contract has to be issued directly with Crypton Future Media, and before I go on consider Alteil's current financial situation. Miku "Merchandise" extends to cars and concerts, and the only reason we got them was because unlike Alteil US, Alteil JP is actually a lucrative business that can afford such marketing.

Also claiming that availability has any impact on balance is a blatant misuse of the already thoroughly raped card game terminology, even for Alteil standards.

So much passion - I love it
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 pm

gadu wrote:
Anima13 wrote:No this is not a nerf thread and i dont say you should worsen these or those miku cards (infact we could discuss buffing some :D).

Broken Virus too stronk. Why balance team not buff all L3 cards to Broken Virus standards? Folrart Shield cannot take one hit from Broken Virus, even if he healed 100% HP on standby.

Me talk like Cookie Monster in this thread. 8-)

I think you need to subtract some numbers
Icyman2

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau