Alteil futur

User suggestions to improve the game

Alteil futur

Postby Dean » Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 pm

GM you should stop wasting time and money on Alteil if you are not planning to change return mechanic. It make match boring, new players are running away and old players grow tired of playing there grinding deck because other deck auto lose to return abuse.

No auction house or 3D visual will change this fact.
Dean

Re: Alteil futur

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:28 pm

The problem of pre-determined matches is not exclusively tied to return mechanics. Some things auto lose to Allind spam, some things auto lose to pheonix chick trolling, some things auto lose to Zu spam or lycans, fierte, etc. Obviously, you can adjust your deck to account for these things with tech cards and soul skills. So really what you are saying is, "Decks of type X beat my Y file. I don't want to change my file, so instead you should change the game to accommodate me."

A separate, but more valid argument would be to say, "Control files are toxic to the game because they are not fun to play against and there is not enough counter play due to poor design."
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Dean » Wed May 08, 2013 4:12 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:The problem of pre-determined matches is not exclusively tied to return mechanics."

Sadly this is true. Cards like fierte SS is often win or lose before the battle have even started.

GonFreeces31 wrote:not enough counter play due to poor design"

this is probably the real problem.
Dean

Postby Icyglare » Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Ah a Return Thread, we meet again but this time under the guise of Alteil Futur
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Dean wrote:GM you should stop wasting time and money on Alteil if you are not planning to change return mechanic. It make match boring, new players are running away and old players grow tired of playing there grinding deck because other deck auto lose to return abuse.

No auction house or 3D visual will change this fact.

GM you should stop wasting time and money on Alteil if you are not planning to change the tank+snowball mechanic (think refess files, CMD dolls, orkc, etc). It make match boring, new players are running away and old players grow tired of playing there grinding deck because other deck auto lose if it can't prevent the enemy from setting up.

It is indeed a problem that matches are predetermined and that some files simply counter others, you can say this over plenty of things and it isn't return specific. What mechanics you dislike depends mostly on what files you play(ed) most (or more particular what mechanics those files are weak against).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Dean » Wed May 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Well there is other way then return to disrupt snow-ball mechanic. You can sp drain (or generate more SP) so you have a bigger field, you can engage them, you can set Def to 0, you can use max HP hate, you can engage them, you can bash into them, you can use skill that set hp to 0, you can move them on the field with teleport (very good against ork), you can use stat manipulation, you can use lock etc.... But why bother when you can use the "best" mechanic in game return. Return mechanic is not so bad for the game but mass return abuse is(units that return, grim and SS) and need a real counter.

Im playing all type of deck and a good return deck don't have a lot weakness so it's not about my taste, it's about balance.

If you have fun playing against deck like emana mystere good for you, but my feeling is that bringing new players against those type of deck will make them leave. My guess is that GM want a bigger players base but maybe Im wrong.

Obviously the ultimate goal should be that there is no predetermined match up( all mechanic included). Unless you build a bad deck, the worse match up should be like 33%/66% not 0%/100%.
Dean

Postby Icyglare » Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Why do people think that return decks don't have weaknesses?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby angelspawns » Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote: "there is not enough counter play due to poor design."

This, and some counter suggestions: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12877 *Please ignore my whining in the post, and read the suggestions instead.*
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Icyglare wrote:Why do people think that return decks don't have weaknesses?

The way it used to be, most return decks had lots of weaknesses. Then there was the Dio and Emana Mystere files that were way overboard. Is that still the case?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Jazzock » Wed May 08, 2013 9:45 pm

There's a Dion control in folrart ATM, but honestly the heaviest return-based deck I've seen in the past month or so (other then dion control yesterday) is pirates, and pirates aren't all that hard to deal with. I haven't seen mystere in ages...I wonder why... :?

As a side note: there's a few mid/big files around atm
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau